Punditwatch 2018

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've gotten to the stage in life where I absolutely loath football commentary, the BBC used to let you switch it off and I loved it, it was kinda just like sitting in the stadium watching it.

If someone sat near you at a game chatting away like that you'd soon get them telt.

It takes away from my enjoyment of the game, they're often wrong, they often concentrate on utterly trivial shit I'm not interested in, they often see a performance differently from me - praising players I think have been shit and vice-versa ... basically I just fucking hate it.

And all that's outwith them inflicting Glenn-Fucking-Hoddle on us.

Guest Flash

Why do the BBC studio pundits have to be in Russia? They’re watching it on tv same as us. BBC seem to always be good to themselves with our money.

4 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:

Matthew Upson, Jermaine Jenas & Phil Neville, boring bland dull selections from BBC.

Standard BBC fare. Can't run the risk of offending anyone old chap.

4 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

I've gotten to the stage in life where I absolutely loath football commentary, the BBC used to let you switch it off and I loved it, it was kinda just like sitting in the stadium watching it.

If someone sat near you at a game chatting away like that you'd soon get them telt.

It takes away from my enjoyment of the game, they're often wrong, they often concentrate on utterly trivial shit I'm not interested in, they often see a performance differently from me - praising players I think have been shit and vice-versa ... basically I just fucking hate it.

And all that's outwith them inflicting Glenn-Fucking-Hoddle on us.

Absolutely spot on and I've said much the same numerous times. I'd love to sit next to Pearce when he's watching a film and rabbit inane nonsense all the way through it. 

2 hours ago, Flash said:

Why do the BBC studio pundits have to be in Russia? They’re watching it on tv same as us. BBC seem to always be good to themselves with our money.

Probably the same reason they'll have about 27 different 'journos' covering the same match, because they can. As you say it's not their money.  Remember, there's no Glastonbury this year so their staff outing had to be somewhere else. Foreign jolly? Yahoooooooo...

Think Giggs is running away with the "Worst Pundit" title so far, even his excruciating little reminiscence down memory lane with the hilarious tale of when he first met Carlos Queuroz couldn't save him from an absolutely dreadful display, as pish as Wrighty is, you do see him referring to notes, so he is at least trying but Giggs is obviously making it up as he goes along and his misfortune of being paired up with Bilic today was embarrassing, you can imagine Slaven will be back in his room right now at the hotel going over footage, making VR requests for the editors and generally boning up on his subject, Giggs couldn't even name one Player from the Morocco-Iran game beforehand and the amount of felts getting dished out by the Croatian was sore, but hilarious to watch!!!
So there you go, best and worst at the same game!!!
Bet it's back to Pitchside for Giggs after today!!![emoji23]

2 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Think Giggs is running away with the "Worst Pundit" title so far, even his excruciating little reminiscence down memory lane with the hilarious tale of when he first met Carlos Queuroz couldn't save him from an absolutely dreadful display, as pish as Wrighty is, you do see him referring to notes, so he is at least trying but Giggs is obviously making it up as he goes along and his misfortune of being paired up with Bilic today was embarrassing, you can imagine Slaven will be back in his room right now at the hotel going over footage, making VR requests for the editors and generally boning up on his subject, Giggs couldn't even name one Player from the Morocco-Iran game beforehand and the amount of felts getting dished out by the Croatian was sore, but hilarious to watch!!!
So there you go, best and worst at the same game!!!
Bet it's back to Pitchside for Giggs after today!!!emoji23.png

See the source image

14 hours ago, Raidernation said:

FFS Fox have dug up Ian “wrighty” Wright to pundit games on US tv.
I fucking despairing emoji30.png

Mute then turn on the BBC online commentary on the World Service

The Neville brothers couldn’t be more different as analysts. Phil offers smug pomposity. Gary’s actually quite good.
Phil seemed to be on the right lines with his "It wasn't a clear and obvious error by the referee so the VAR panel shouldn't have made him review it" but then he ended up tying himself in knots trying to explain himself and ended up contradicting his earlier statement and mumbling that he wasn't a fan of VAR in general. Drogba seemed perplexed by his comments but he wasn't alone...

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

The Neville brothers couldn’t be more different as analysts. Phil offers smug pomposity. Gary’s actually quite good.

Gary is one of the better ones and seems to have a bit about him.

Hoping I never have to hear Ryan Giggs ever talk again.

Hoping I never have to hear Ryan Giggs ever talk again.

But... But what about all those other excellent anecdotes that's he's saved up for our delectation this tournament???

Archived