Leeds

ICTChris

Wouldn't recommend Headingley at all personally, I lived there for a while and used to go into the centre for drinks before moving there longer term. Merrion Street, and the 2 Briggates were much better imo but might have changed a bit now. Call Lane if you're looking for a more glamorous feel. 

Sela, Smokestack, Wardrobe for the music I like and that little run of bars on Merrion St with verve, reform etc were good as well. If you find yourself a bit north of the bus station Reliance and Sandanista are worth checking out. If it's a nice day head to the Calls by the water for an al fresco beer with a nice view. 

Depends what you're looking for and where. I'v never ventured far from the centre unless I'm going to some non league game. United have always been away, as have the Rhinos. Kev is a bit trendier than me, but to drink, and eat, you can look up tapped, granary wharf and the Northern Monk Brewery. The alley pubs are a bit hit and miss. I paid £8.00 for a pint in one, when caught off guard. The Headrow is good as well, but some of the other pubs near it are mental.

On no account go to Bradford, unless you have to.

37 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I paid £8.00 for a pint in one, when caught off guard. 

Id like to meet the person who prised £8 for a pint oot your hand 

3 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Id like to meet the person who prised £8 for a pint oot your hand 

I think I might have told this before. I was looking at the menu, and just chose a draught beer almost at random. It was a juniper flavoured IPA. The barman started pouring and did tell me it was more expensive than most due to the high strength. I ok'd it, then he told me how much. I was too embarrassed to back out, so took it on the chin. It was nice, but not £8 nice.

There's a very good Thai place slap in the city centre.  Only problem with it is that it's slap in the city centre.

There's also a nice wee boozer that's actually a boat.  Worth popping into in the afternoon/early evening before it gets too busy.  

Archived