Dean_R95

Website for latest West Region news?

Hi all,

I have been thinking for a while now about starting a juniors news website.

The site would aim to post daily content on the junior game in the west. I would hope to expand to all regions but would start with the west as it's what I know best.

I'm sure this isn't the first time this idea has been done but from my research few have successfully made a site that lasts.

Obviously TheJunior.Info guys have done it well but my aim would be to create a site that like them hosts content from clubs but also posts original content daily such as news stories, features, blogs etc.

Before launching the site ahead of the new season I'd like to do a lot of prep work establishing contacts at clubs, fact gather for detailed information pages etc. 

But before doing anything I wanted to get a sense of if there is an interest in a website like that.

Thanks for reading,

Dean.

If you go ahead with this, we provide easy to update, mobile friendly, football websites for a number of football clubs (including many Scottish Junior Clubs such as Vale of Leven, Shotts BA, Largs Thistle, Whitletts, Ardrossan Winton Rovers, etc) and football leagues (including the East of Scotland Football Association & League). Check out http://www.teamexpert.co.uk/ for details. 

Can you include The former junior team in Fife that continue to contaminate the Juniors info web site and get free advertising for their club and sponsors.

The Big Rose will of course promote their club on the appropriate web sites.

On 15/05/2018 at 04:31, Dean_R95 said:

Hi all,

I have been thinking for a while now about starting a juniors news website.

The site would aim to post daily content on the junior game in the west. I would hope to expand to all regions but would start with the west as it's what I know best.

I'm sure this isn't the first time this idea has been done but from my research few have successfully made a site that lasts.

Obviously TheJunior.Info guys have done it well but my aim would be to create a site that like them hosts content from clubs but also posts original content daily such as news stories, features, blogs etc.

Before launching the site ahead of the new season I'd like to do a lot of prep work establishing contacts at clubs, fact gather for detailed information pages etc. 

But before doing anything I wanted to get a sense of if there is an interest in a website like that.

Thanks for reading,

Dean.

Hi Guys,

Has there been any interest in this project?

Think the problem here is there is already, as stated, the Juniors Info plus the newer Goalmouth Scramble as well as a few other online outlets. Also there have been a good few people come forward with ideas and a willingness to be part of something, might be a better idea to get those people talking and come together a sort of one stop shop?

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to read this as well as to everyone who commented or messaged me.

As nugent4nil rightfully said there are others out there but I just wanted to see if there was an apatite for another site or if people would see it as overkill.

Also Nugent4nil said about others having similar ideas, I've had a couple of messages from people who'd maybe be interested in getting involved so I'd be very happy to work with and create the site in partnership with others if there is a desire from anyone to do so. 

If anyone would like to discuss getting involved in anyway or just want to talk about the idea more then please don't hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks,

Dean