35 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

On an earlier post on this thread I mentioned the greed of the Royal family but I have just read an article which really takes the biscuit.

Apparently the many, was there 6000, charity workers, community stalwarts and volunteers who were invited to the wedding to stand on the lawns outside the chapel were handed Harry and Meghan wedding goody bags.

The bags contained shortbread, chocolate and best of all A 20% OFF VOUCHER FOR THE WINDSOR CASTLE GIFT SHOP!.

As we all know Windsor Castle and the gift shop is owned by the queen.

Is there no end to this family's feckin downright cheek and greed. 

Or you droning on about it?

15 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Maybe so but American Presidents sell more to  foreign governments.

Plus we don't build that many stand alone British fighter jets, we are mostly involved in a European project for the Eurofighter Typhoon and we also purchase american built.

But the other side of it is when Sarah Ferguson was caught trying to sell access to the Royal Family for money to a journalist posing as an arab.

Prince Edwards wife Sophie was also caught out as I recall on some access she was offering wasn't it.

And what about Air Miles Andy he's a total sponger.

"Air Miles Andy".  Are you referring to the Earl of Inverness?

I bet there are people in Dumbarton who are feeling equally miserable now!

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

The relevant thread on the Dumbarton Memories page  on facebook has seen several Heads Gone moments.  Including accusations of/comparison to Nazi-ism because "we have a right to an opinion like anyone else" etc when their comments were deleted.

Edited by Boghead ranter

3 hours ago, Fullerene said:

The Windsors who were originally named Saxe Coburg and Gotha, before they changed it during the first world war, constantly hijack titles which they have no real hereditary claim to, the prime example here in Scotland is Charles's claim as The Lord of the Isles.

The real owner is Largie Jock MacDonald of Tayinloan who is a direct descendant of Somerled the first Lord of the isles  in the 12th century.

Charles's ancestor, the Hanovarian George the 1st was 73rd in line to the throne but got the prize due to his protestantism, so Charlie boy is an imposter in Scotland.

Largie Jock's wife btw was a Maxwell and she donated the Pollock Estate to the City of Glasgow.

The Earl of Dumbarton was a title in the Peerage of Scotland which has now been hijacked to the Peerage of the United Kingdom.

Edited by SandyCromarty
add

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

The Windsors who were originally named Saxe Coburg and Gotha, before they changed it during the first world war, constantly hijack titles which they have no real hereditary claim to, the prime example here in Scotland is Charles's claim as The Lord of the Isles.

Does that mean we can all do the same?

"Prince of Pyongyang" or "Czar of Chicago" sound pretty good - unless they have already been taken.

Bit of a tight-arse move from the Queen. Instead of getting the happy couple something useful, like a dishwasher or even a set of Egyptian cotton towels, she's basically just given them a meaningless nickname. 

Going to try that one next time I'm invited to someone's birthday. Start calling them the Earl of Easterhouse in lieu of a real present. 

5 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Everybody is miserable in Dumbarton (IMHE)

I always laugh at the irony of one of its popular haunts being called Cheers!

2 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Does that mean we can all do the same?

"Prince of Pyongyang" or "Czar of Chicago" sound pretty good - unless they have already been taken.

Along that same lines Charlie's title The Prince of Wales is a total misnomer as it was originally granted to welsh born princes the last of which was around the 1200's,  to support the english born  Prince of Wales it is used in conjunction with The Principality of Wales which does not exist and never has.

So it's all really feckin smoke and mirrors showbiz style to suit their immoral thievery while fools, fitters and first trippers fall over themselves to lick their shitty arses. 

Wales is often to referred to as one of the four United Kingdom nations while in fact Wales was absorbed into the Kingdom of England in the 13th Century , so another false hijacking.

Northern Ireland is a province, Wales is part of England and neither is a nation.

16 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Along that same lines Charlie's title The Prince of Wales is a total misnomer as it was originally granted to welsh born princes the last of which was around the 1200's,  to support the english born  Prince of Wales it is used in conjunction with The Principality of Wales which does not exist and never has.

So it's all really feckin smoke and mirrors showbiz style to suit their immoral thievery while fools, fitters and first trippers fall over themselves to lick their shitty arses. 

Wales is often to referred to as one of the four United Kingdom nations while in fact Wales was absorbed into the Kingdom of England in the 13th Century , so another false hijacking.

Northern Ireland is a province, our beloved province/the occupied six counties Wales is part of England and neither is a nation.

Please get it right.

On 5/19/2018 at 23:57, Adam101 said:

I see Elton enjoyed the American preacher, do these folk not know they are being filmed? IMG_1818.jpg

not the first time he's stared intently into a couple of bright pink hoops with a pained expression on his face, and it won't be the last....

7 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Charles's ancestor, the Hanovarian George the 1st was 73rd in line to the throne but got the prize due to his protestantism, so Charlie boy is an imposter in Scotland.

George I was still a direct descendant of James VI, although on his maternal side which bumped you down the pecking order considerably.

7 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

George I was still a direct descendant of James VI, although on his maternal side which bumped you down the pecking order considerably.

Correct, through James's wife Anne of Denmark but as you say he remained 73rd in the line of succession.

We should also appreciate that the Royal Family is responsible for lots of tourists coming here.

After all, France does not have a king or queen and does Paris get lots of tourists - I ask you.

Uh oh.  Maybe somebody can explain this better than me.