Offence, Goodwin's Law and forum admin

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, honestly united said:

That looks like a fairly mediocre pyramid to me

That is a fairly graphic illustration of the pyramid in a few years, when the promises of silk and money turns to sulk and not so funny. :)

12 hours ago, holmparkheroes said:

Giza break Isa!

My Bankie chum, I'm trying to get folk to realise what exactly is going on. The Bankies are quite unique as they were recently in the Seniors, I get the fact they would one day like to be back. But FFS have a look at this Pyramid stuff, it is a shambles my friend!

8 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

My Bankie chum, I'm trying to get folk to realise what exactly is going on. The Bankies are quite unique as they were recently in the Seniors, I get the fact they would one day like to be back. But FFS have a look at this Pyramid stuff, it is a shambles my friend!

What is the shambles about a current league structure with promotion, play offs and generally a well represented league set up? SPFL, Championship, L1, L2, HL, LL, Eosfl, Sosfl..... All working in harmony...... A shambles right enough..... 

4 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

What is the shambles about a current league structure with promotion, play offs and generally a well represented league set up? SPFL, Championship, L1, L2, HL, LL, Eosfl, Sosfl..... All working in harmony...... A shambles right enough..... 

Are the PWG in harmony?

I have no idea as I am not part of their meetings. As an opinion looking from the outside in... Each association is represented so I suppose there is collaborative working and negotiation. There will undoubtedly be a vision that the SFA hold for non league football and how the pyramid is set up, most large organisations have this and the pwg will drive towards establishing this.

I'm not sure someone could say that something that is currently working and functioning is a shambles or that people aren't working in harmony purely because the outcomes dont fit what they believe should happen. 

Sadly what we are all experiencing is how democratic decisions are reached, through discussion, negotiation and voting for what each individual faction believes should happen.... Majority rules and all that. 

I would say that had I been in the pwg and been given a resounding no by an association there would be little requirement to change anything until said association decided they wished to negotiate again. 

The eosfl, sosfl, LL and HL have all functioned pretty successfully and the quality of product on show is pretty good, so again I'd see little point in trying to recreate the wheel. 

What can't be hidden though is that from the point the sjfa intimated their desire to negotiate the pwg have appeared open to the conversation. What won't exist now is the same deal that may have been brokered 5 years ago.... Sadly that's not how these things work. The lay of the land has changed, the pyramid is working and there is now an established route from eosfl and sosfl to LL level and beyond, the sjfa wishing to join doesn't change that this is an established process right now with all representatives happy with how its functioning. 

For example if I wanted to speak about a car sale, got prices sorted and didn't feel it was quite right, then walked away.... I couldn't return fully 5 years later and expect to be offered the same deal or better by the car salesman. I'd have to broker an entirely new deal based on current prices and interest rates. The position the sjfa find themselves within the pwg as all other parties appear to believe it to be working fine (barring a West feeder at tier 6).

6 hours ago, superbigal said:

It would be interesting to know what the pwg has been actually doing for the last 4 years as virtually nothing has changed since the lowland inception.

Not much to do without clubs coming forward. Its also not like the PWG is a full time job for those that sit on it. Probably the biggest change they may have had a say in was make joining the pyramid a requirement of licencing.

I've been trying to find who's on it currently, as you would think there would be some SJFA representation as there has in the past. But if TJ had to write to the SFA letting them know the results of the questionnaire they conducted there can't be great communication between the associations at the moment.

Not much to do without clubs coming forward. Its also not like the PWG is a full time job for those that sit on it. Probably the biggest change they may have had a say in was make joining the pyramid a requirement of licencing.
I've been trying to find who's on it currently, as you would think there would be some SJFA representation as there has in the past. But if TJ had to write to the SFA letting them know the results of the questionnaire they conducted there can't be great communication between the associations at the moment.

There were 2 SFA reps last week, Rod Petrie and Alan McCrae, plus TJ, plus reps from HL, LL, EoS and SoS.

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

Absolutely no idea why the merciless mockery of the OP stopped and a Pyramid discussion started but can we get this back on topic please? 

Sad to see the new Isa thread closed after 2 posts, entitled:

"Appendage Mincer and the Dancing Primates"   

Brilliant name for a 1960s student punk band.

Archived