Peterhead 2018/19

I was going to add a comment to the 17/18 season thread but I think I would just be repeating what others have said so why not look ahead a bit!

So who would you like to see stay and who do you want to see go? I think on the whole we don't have a bad group of players but probably need to make some changes, especially at the back. I think Rory and Willie are the only two who are signed so far?

Thought on potential managers if Jim does go?

Squad for 2018/19:

GK

Greg Fleming

Ryan Gibson (U19) (on loan from QotS)

DF

Paddy Boyle

Jason Brown

Mick Dunlop

David Mcckraken (player/coach)

Cameron Eadie

Callum Home

MID

Willie Gibson

Ross Kavanagh

Jamie Stevenson

Simon Ferry

Jack Leitch

Scott Brown

Aaron Norris

Nicky Riley

Liam McDonald (U19) (On loan to Fraserburgh)

Ryan Dow

Liam Willox (On loan to East Stirlingshire)

FOR

Rory McAllister

Russel McLean

Derek Lyle

Players Out

Karim Belmokhtar

Jordan Brown

Scott Adams

Fraser Hobday

Marc Lawrence

Allan Smith

Mason Robertson

Chris Johnston (end of loan)

Lewis Buxton

Edited by NewBlue

1 hour ago, NewBlue said:

I was going to add a comment to the 17/18 season thread but I think I would just be repeating what others have said so why not look ahead a bit!

So who would you like to see stay and who do you want to see go? I think on the whole we don't have a bad group of players but probably need to make some changes, especially at the back. I think Rory and Willie are the only two who are signed so far?

Jim Duffy is available, however, is this practicable or would he come here? Whoever it is, we need someone who has no favourites, doesn't sign every midfielder who becomes available and signs more recognised defenders.

1 hour ago, NewBlue said:

A midfielder that doesn't refuse to play on all-weather surfaces!

Regarding signings I understand Aaron Norris is still under contract. Heard off the top of my head that (not confirmed) Fraser Hobday and Jason Brown have resigned but Greg Fleming has refused so far.

Regarding a manager, Ray McKinnon was touting himself in the press recently. Not specifically for us, just wanting back in the game. Might be an option.

Would think Jims future will be on the agenda tomorrow as there is normally a board meeting Tuesdays. As there has been no official statement yet will await that before commenting. Would think the two outcomes will make a big difference to the next step after regarding players wanting to stay or not.

55 minutes ago, Blue-Toon said:

Yeah I hope he stays too. I have really had to change my tune about him but he has come good :ph34r:

Who is offering the deals though is Jim hasn't made a decision yet?

EE has exclusive that Jim will remain as manager.

Unlucky Peterhead fans, unlucky.

The Blue Toon boss offered to resign following his side’s failure to gain promotion to League One. The Buchan outfit were defeated 2-1 on aggregate by Stenhousemuir last Saturday in the play-off final having been pipped to the League Two title by Montrose by a single point.

McInally, who is Scotland’s longest-serving manager having joined the Balmoor club in October 2011, offered to leave after missing out on promotion. But chairman Rodger Morrison and the club’s directors have persuaded him to remain in charge for next season.

McInally said: “I offered to resign and the directors thought that I should stay on and I did what I thought was the right thing to do. But they thought otherwise – the bottom line is that I love my job."

Doubly unlucky Blue Tooners.

Edited by Jason King