Lucky Billy McKay

Tam Cowan on his radio programme yesterday mentioned that  Billy McKay made footballing history when Ross County got relegated yesterday as that was his third relegated team in three consecutive seasons, is it a first? 

Did Andy Dowie not do it four times in a row?  Brechin, Stranraer, County and Dunfermline.  He may have also relegated Partick that same season with Dunfermline.

10 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Tam Cowan on his radio programme yesterday mentioned that  Billy McKay made footballing history when Ross County got relegated yesterday as that was his third relegated team in three consecutive seasons, is it a first? 

He is 4 in 4

Wigan

Dundee United

Inverness

Ross County

11 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Fourth, I think - Wigan, Utd, Us, County. Might have been on loan when Wigan went down though.

24 minutes ago, alternative maryhill said:

Fourth, I think - Wigan, Utd, Us, County. Might have been on loan when Wigan went down though.

Yer right it looks like four as I think he was still with Wigan when they got relegated, what a feckin record though!!

5 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Quite opposite to those mentioned here, Brad McKay managed to be promoted twice in the same season as we won league 1 and Hertz won the championship.

Similarly, Greg Buchanan could get promoted twice from the same league in the same season this year. And not even as a result of a loan deal.

He's already been sent a winners medal from his spell at St. Mirren earlier in the season and could get a playoff winners medal if his current club, Livi beat Partick Thistle.

9 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Quite opposite to those mentioned here, Brad McKay managed to be promoted twice in the same season as we won league 1 and Hertz won the championship.

Brad McKay was a Saints player when he was loaned to Dunfermline wasn't he? 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Brad McKay was a Saints player when he was loaned to Dunfermline wasn't he? 

Thought he was still a Hertz man when he was with us, my bad I'm talking pish haha

Thistles first singing next season Archie’s sigined such great strikers as Pogba,Azeez and storey combined I think they have scored about 9 goals

Might be no need to sign him at this time next Sunday...

He played half of last season on loan to Oldham Athletic and they didn't get relegated.

He was phenomenal for us during this first spell.  He scored 23 lague goals in 2012/13, despite not being a starter until October.

Archived