-Grand Theft Premiership V- (Hamilton Academical 2018/2019 thread.)

5 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Sowah? Erm, maybe he's improved...

That's McGowan, Taiwo and Sowah all rumoured.

I see the Ham Ad have spoken to Canning. He's wanting '9 or 10 new players'.

I've given up on the Lawless rumours. Supposedly he's wanted by a few clubs, most of which will be able to offer much more money than we will.

I'll nip down to the Woodhead pub and ask Lawless who he is signing for. Never oot it i hear. :whistle

Sowah looked better during his brief spell with us than he did anytime I saw him play for Hearts. Lets hope now he has more experience playing in Scotland that he has adapted to the tempo of our game and will come back a better player.  Surely he's got to be an upgrade on McMann , ...............isn't he? :unsure:

So we’ve signed a Centre half, right back and left back so far.

Pleasantly surprised we’ve targeted our biggest weakness last year!

Losing Temps, Redmond, Ferguson & crawford means we’re very light in attacking midfield / chance creation however.

We’ve young boyd who prob deserves a chance in this sort of role but we’re still v light in midfield.

Believe we’re in for a falkirk midfielder but more of a grafter than a creator. Hope we have something up our sleeve. . .

The chat that Temps could stay seem a bit far fetched. He’s not too much of a gamble anymore after his great year last year and will find a club imo.

Our poor defense almost relegated us last year but it was our goals that saved us. Really need to strengthen here

Any of the young lads from u20s attacking midfielders that are worth a go next year? ????

1 hour ago, bomberharris said:

So we’ve signed a Centre half, right back and left back so far.

Pleasantly surprised we’ve targeted our biggest weakness last year!

Losing Temps, Redmond, Ferguson & crawford means we’re very light in attacking midfield / chance creation however.

We’ve young boyd who prob deserves a chance in this sort of role but we’re still v light in midfield.

Believe we’re in for a falkirk midfielder but more of a grafter than a creator. Hope we have something up our sleeve. . .

The chat that Temps could stay seem a bit far fetched. He’s not too much of a gamble anymore after his great year last year and will find a club imo.

Our poor defense almost relegated us last year but it was our goals that saved us. Really need to strengthen here

Any of the young lads from u20s attacking midfielders that are worth a go next year? 

Ross Cunningham could make the step up, and I still believe Ronan Hughes is a terrific prospect even though he didn't do himself justice in his appearances towards the end of the season.

Ross Cunningham could make the step up, and I still believe Ronan Hughes is a terrific prospect even though he didn't do himself justice in his appearances towards the end of the season.

Good to hear. hope they kick on. Hughes has been getting talked up for a while.

I also forgot about Mikel Miller, he started to show a few flashes towards the end of last year. Not sure of his best position? no 10 or winger?

Just saw this tweet:-

Serious question but does anyone else think we are the 3rd most hated team in Scotland? (Behind Rangers and Celtic obviously.)

Probably. You’ve got a shite ground, shite pitch and a horrific support. No redeeming features.