Partick Thistle vs Livingston - Playoff Final

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Makes sense as the stakes are higher 

I would argue for triple. They should incrementally increase through the rounds. Double in the quarters  2.5 in the semis and 3 in the final

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Not sure nerves will be as much of a factor- we were down with 30 minutes to go today so this is a second chance.

I think we'll play a back 3 for these games, my worry is set pieces, and also our defence being soft as shit.

Alan Lithgow's got some long throw on him. :unsure:

forgot how good that fifth Thistle goal was :wub:

Can't see who was on the subs bench on those highlights but I'm fairly sure only Lawless, Erskine and Doolan remain from that 6-1 game and maybe even our entire promotion season. edit: well, Archibald too I suppose further edit: in fact I had another look at the line ups, Callum Booth was in that Livi side!

7 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

forgot how good that fifth Thistle goal was :wub:

Can't see who was on the subs bench on those highlights but I'm fairly sure only Lawless, Erskine and Doolan remain from that 6-1 game and maybe even our entire promotion season. edit: well, Archibald too I suppose further edit: in fact I had another look at the line ups, Callum Booth was in that Livi side!

I think Elliott came on too.

Really is a free go for us this with the pressure mainly on Partick to stay in the league, been quite a remarkable season for us and one I’ve loved every minute of, regardless of the result I’ll be having a few drinks on Sunday to celebrate a fantastic season. 

We’ve been written off all season long so why not do it a couple more times eh ? 

My worry now is Hardie out, Rafa took a bad one last night and could also miss out, leaves us very short on front men, Could Miller play Thursday and Sunday ? Robinson the only one to properly partner him, I guess Frizzell could play up top as a 10 ? 

Either way, aim should be to stay in the tie on Thursday at home, if we can get a lead to take to Firhill even better but don’t lose the tie on Thursday. 

I really hope we can get a similar home crowd at this one on Thursday, it really did make a huge difference, place was bouncing and it really helped the players. 

Looking forward to this regardless of what happens but it would be a moment to remember if we could complete this amazing journey. 

3 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I think Elliott came on too.

totally slipped my mind, forgot he was even at the club in the promotion season - I'll put that down to him having since reinvented himself from being a fairly meh forward to a good right back.

edit: and my shite memory tbf

17 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

They’ve got some fans, of course, but not many So this is a good question.

What went right?

We have I’d say the smallest full time budget in Scotland, that includes both Ayr Utd and Raith Rovers this season, you’d be amazed at how small our budget is which again shows what an incredible achievement it is just to be in this position.

We’ve built a team of fairly young players that have maybe dropped down the leagues and are trying to work there way back up again, a few troubles soles, people that aren’t demanding a large wage, players that want to prove themselves again.

These players aren’t the most gifted footballers in the world but we have the hardest working team I’ve ever seen at Livingston, they just don’t know when they are beat, will run through walls for David Hopkin who has us organised and tough to beat. 

23 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Really is a free go for us this with the pressure mainly on Partick to stay in the league, been quite a remarkable season for us and one I’ve loved every minute of, regardless of the result I’ll be having a few drinks on Sunday to celebrate a fantastic season. 

We’ve been written off all season long so why not do it a couple more times eh ? 

My worry now is Hardie out, Rafa took a bad one last night and could also miss out, leaves us very short on front men, Could Miller play Thursday and Sunday ? Robinson the only one to properly partner him, I guess Frizzell could play up top as a 10 ? 

Either way, aim should be to stay in the tie on Thursday at home, if we can get a lead to take to Firhill even better but don’t lose the tie on Thursday. 

I really hope we can get a similar home crowd at this one on Thursday, it really did make a huge difference, place was bouncing and it really helped the players. 

Looking forward to this regardless of what happens but it would be a moment to remember if we could complete this amazing journey. 

Frizzell has already given Partick problems this season playing slightly deeper than the #10 role in the 2-0 win at Firhill.

Archived