Partick Thistle vs Livingston - Playoff Final

8 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:

Hope Livi can hang on to Hopkins and most of the lads that got them promoted !

The  Hamilton fans on here giving it big licks are forgetting they finished the season on the same points as we did.

If any 1 would like Rogers mothers adress pm me !

Got it mate,it's up in my locals toilet.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Opposition supporters complaining about a lack of bars in Livi.
Wetherspoons in the centre is cheap and cheerful for food and drink.
Livingston Inn is quality and a 10 min walk from the ground.
The Almondvale suite in the stadium is a great place to eat and drink before the game along with the stadium bar too.

Are you all just ragin alkies or something?

You saw what we saw. Do you think we go for the football?

Not really much to say about what got served up yesterday.  When I say this, I'll probably seem like an incredibly sore loser, but I was a bit disappointed with Livi's approach, particularly between the frantic first few minutes and their goal.  It was a pretty brutal watch with the way they were managing the game.  I thought they might be a bit more ambitious, and believe they could go toe-to-toe with us and kill off the tie earlier.  Particularly when they'd had the entire first leg to find that we were complete fucking shitebags.

BUT, it's obviously understandable, and they carried out their gameplan to absolute perfection.  They'd have been happy enough just playing like that until full-time (because let's face it, we were never going to score) but they nicked their goal, and then continued to organise themselves and watch us have a complete lack of ideas of what to do.  

Honestly, congratulations to Livingston.  The playoffs have always been stacked in favour of the Premiership side, as they were here.  You fully deserve to go up based on your performances (although abetted by an absolute shower of shitebags).  Hope you get the investment you'll likely need to make an impact next season, maybe push Hamilton over the edge they continually escape from each season.

Congratulations Livi. That's a brilliant achievement over the past two seasons with a limited budget. It's good when someone unexpected does this as it sends out a message to other clubs not to accept some sort of media promoted 'natural order' in Scottish football.  There's no reason clubs like QOS, Ayr and others couldn't do the same with the right mentality and manager.

Strange twist in fortune for Thistle fans in 12 months. This time last year sixth place and probably feeling the club was on the rise, now in the Championship.  Other than the OF, it could just about happen to any club in the Premiership, no one can be complacent.

The Championship should be really competitive next season. Without the 'bigger' clubs (Hearts, Hibs, rangers), and st mirren running away with it this season when no one else found any kind of consistency, there should be a good battle for the title.

Finally, great support from both teams yesterday, just shows the difference when we get meaningful games with something at stake. 

35 minutes ago, forameus said:

Not really much to say about what got served up yesterday.  When I say this, I'll probably seem like an incredibly sore loser,......

.......Hope you get the investment you'll likely need to make an impact next season, maybe push Hamilton over the edge they continually escape from each season.

1*xxVCsCEHmPqRMK10GhAG6w.jpeg

10 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:

Hope Livi can hang on to Hopkins and most of the lads that got them promoted !

The  Hamilton fans on here giving it big licks are forgetting they finished the season on the same points as we did.

If any 1 would like Rogers mothers adress pm me !

Crucially, though, they didn't lose both legs of a play-off against Livingston.  That's why they'll be in next season's Premiership with the big boys and you'll be looking up train timetables for Ayr and Alloa.

10 minutes ago, forameus said:

Not really much to say about what got served up yesterday.  When I say this, I'll probably seem like an incredibly sore loser, but I was a bit disappointed with Livi's approach, particularly between the frantic first few minutes and their goal.  It was a pretty brutal watch with the way they were managing the game.  I thought they might be a bit more ambitious, and believe they could go toe-to-toe with us and kill off the tie earlier.  Particularly when they'd had the entire first leg to find that we were complete fucking shitebags.

BUT, it's obviously understandable, and they carried out their gameplan to absolute perfection.  They'd have been happy enough just playing like that until full-time (because let's face it, we were never going to score) but they nicked their goal, and then continued to organise themselves and watch us have a complete lack of ideas of what to do.  

Honestly, congratulations to Livingston.  The playoffs have always been stacked in favour of the Premiership side, as they were here.  You fully deserve to go up based on your performances (although abetted by an absolute shower of shitebags).  Hope you get the investment you'll likely need to make an impact next season, maybe push Hamilton over the edge they continually escape from each season.

As I said in an earlier post, we only had Miller up front available from what was left of our strikers and he'd had a hard shift 4 days earlier, it was all about getting over the line with the bare bones of our squad, not about going out to score another 2 or 3 goals. Besides there was no need to burst our arses running about pressing up the pitch like we did in the previous 3 play off games, once Keaghan scored we had a 2 goal cushion and just needed to defend well, which we did. Miller was done halfway through the 2nd half too, which left us with no up front out ball to hold up play for the midfield to get up the pitch, and we brought on another 2 defenders to hold onto what we had, only other options was more midfielders which would've been a crazy substitution at that point of the game. 

Anyway, good luck next season, the Thistle fans on here have been decent posters and I know it must hurt being relegated, been there a couple of times ourselves. 

For all the chat about having Livi and Accies in the same league there's no chance that any crowd would be lower than our one with Gretna :lol:

Still trying to let that sink in, what an incredible day to be a Livi fan. 

I dont care what anyone says but I was a bubbling mess when Keaghan scored and again at full time, the feeling of ecstasy just got the better of me. 

Ive followed this club from day 1, I’ve seen us go up through the leagues, ive seen us lift the league cup in 2004 (didn’t think I’d ever feel emotion like that again) I’ve feared for the club through both financial disasters, I’ve seen us demoted to the 3rd division, work our way back up before losing to Stranraer in the playoffs to get relegated to league 1 again.

Not once did it ever cross my mind that I’d see us back in the top flight of Scottish football, this is just unbelievable. 

Even now it’s not sunk in, maybe once the alcohol wears off it will hit home. 

It wasn’t pretty yesterday but I couldn’t give two hoots, brilliant brilliant finish by Keaghan and fitting that it would be him to score it in his testimonial year, and icing on the cake, Alexander saving the penalty at the end, that’s when I truly started to believe we were going to do it. 

This team has the chance to creat a new generation of fans, yesterday there was well over 2000 in the away end, quite remarkable, it’s now on the club to try and keep these people next season. 

I know you don’t want to hear this and I don’t want to come across as condescending in anyway but commiserations to Partick Thistle and their fans, take heart that in hindsight relegation to league 1 for us was a blessing in disguise, it allowed us to start again, freshen the place up a bit and as you see it couldn’t have worked out better. 

Knighthoods for all in black and yellow yesterday, especially Mr Hopkin, to think I wanted him sacked 2 years ago, that aged well. 

1 hour ago, forameus said:

It was a pretty brutal watch with the way they were managing the game.  I thought they might be a bit more ambitious

Yep. Should have thrown everything forward and let Thistle hit us on the counter. Disgusted with Hopkin yesterday. It's almost as if we only had 1 fit striker who's legs have been gone for a while, can't believe we weren't more ambitious. 

If we manage to win two games without even being ambitious I can't wait to watch us pish the Premiership next season. 

Once we secured 2nd place the last 2 league games felt like we were in suspended animation, just going through the motions till we got into the play off games, and then it suddenly burst into life again and really brought our fanbase to life too. The 3-2 away win over Utd being broadcast on BT sport seemed to get everyone's attention anyway, It snowballed from there and our support just grew and grew, I just hope a lot of them come back for next season in the Premiership, it really did feel like a blast from the past at those last 3 games, we've never had an away support like that since the CIS cup final, and I can't remember any of our league games taking that kind of crowd to an away match, for a minute I thought i'd wandered into the wrong end.:ph34r::lol:

11 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:

And you've got more fans than us, and we add nothing to the Premier League.   Don't forget about that :-)

15 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

This.

1st leg of last seasons play off final saw an injured Imrie and Donati soldier on after all 3 of our subs were used.

Correct.  Donati and Imrie could hardly walk in the latter stages on the game at Tannadice, but still looked as though they would run through a brick wall if they had to.

Most Thistle players yesterday looked as though they couldn't give a toss.  If was a Thistle fan I would be wanting most of them far far away from my club.

I really feel that the criticism Alan Archibald is having to suffer here is pretty undue. 

PTFC - post-split points;

2016/17 - 1

2017/18 - 8

Guys...  That's an eight-fold improvement.

45 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Yep. Should have thrown everything forward and let Thistle hit us on the counter. Disgusted with Hopkin yesterday. It's almost as if we only had 1 fit striker who's legs have been gone for a while, can't believe we weren't more ambitious. 

If we manage to win two games without even being ambitious I can't wait to watch us pish the Premiership next season. 

Way to over-react.  I was purely talking from the spectacle of the game, which I thought I'd made pretty clear.  It's not up to them to make the game more entertaining, of course.  You had your plan and you played it to absolute perfection.  Just expected when it became clear how absolutely devoid we were of any creativity that there was the opportunity to put the game to bed.  Which you did.

And Iwouldn't say you won two games without being ambitious.  You were far more ambitious than us in the first game, and saying the opposite was true in the second game would be far, far too generous on us.

Still raging from Thistle's utterly abject performances over the last two games/season.

Livingston were excellent over the two legs. All this shite that they aren't pleasant on the eye but they did what they had to do is nonsense. I actually thought they were no worse to watch over the two games than much of this year's bottom half of the Premiership (Thistle very much included). Outclassed us and after finishing comfortably in 2nd place and then navigating the playoffs with little difficulty, very much deserve to be in the Premiership next year. I wish them all the best.

However well Livi played, Thistle made it far too easy for them. Yesterday especially was as bad as I've seen us. Had the majority of the ball and could still be playing now and not have scored. Laid on a plate for a consolation with the penalty and even still missed that. We get all we deserve after a woeful season. The fact that we were miraculously given a lifeline and the players didn't even bother their arses to lift themselves at all for that sums it all up really. Lawless was the only player in Thistle colours with pass marks. 

Archived