Partick Thistle vs Livingston - Playoff Final

25 minutes ago, Kyle said:

You’ll get to see the Maryhill Barcelona in the flesh next season. You’re so fortunate. :( 

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

Never mind lads. At least Partick went down fighting and playing an expansive, exciting style of football. 

I genuinely don't get why we *still* get the odd post like this, off the strength of some media praise, a handful of posts from here and probably Twitter a few years ago that we played purdy football compared to St Johnstone. More than a few of which were, I suspect, half-hearted wind up attempts or with tongue firmly in cheek.

edit: in fairness I've not really been on many St Johnstone match threads that don't involve Thistle, so there are maybe a few posters of ours who bite back frequently.

I mean you're making half-hearted wind ups here too but it's not like the comments came from our manager or anything, in which case it'd make sense.

If you get satisfaction from it then knock yourselves out, I guess. St Johnstone have been a better team than us overall over our last few seasons in the top flight, and have achieved far more than us in recent history, and I would be surprised if there's many Thistle fans that would argue with that (unless they're at the wind up or tongue in cheek etc. etc.).

[You got a reaction out of me. Bah.]

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

GLASGOW CLUB STATEMENT INCOMING.....

Partick Thistle Football Club Chairman, David Beattie, said:

“With relegation confirmed following today’s match, I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to our wonderful supporters who have stuck with us over a difficult season. As a fan myself, I know how much this Club means to you and I don’t underestimate how badly you and everyone associated with Thistle are hurting tonight.

“However, the fightback starts here. It is crucial that the work starts now to ensure that we go in to the 2018/19 season with the sole aim of making an immediate return to where we belong the top flight of Scottish football. In the next few days, the Board is meeting to plan the strategy and tactics to do that. These discussions will look at every aspect of the Club to ensure that we make the right decisions for the future of Partick Thistle.

“I know that it is hard to even think about that now but together we can make things happen. Together We Are Thistle.”

BScyFmjIAAA1aqq.jpg

"Together We Are Thistle" makes for an appropriate acronym.

5 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

GLASGOW CLUB STATEMENT INCOMING.....

Partick Thistle Football Club Chairman, David Beattie, said:

“With relegation confirmed following today’s match, I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to our wonderful supporters who have stuck with us over a difficult season. As a fan myself, I know how much this Club means to you and I don’t underestimate how badly you and everyone associated with Thistle are hurting tonight.

“However, the fightback starts here. It is crucial that the work starts now to ensure that we go in to the 2018/19 season with the sole aim of making an immediate return to where we belong the top flight of Scottish football. In the next few days, the Board is meeting to plan the strategy and tactics to do that. These discussions will look at every aspect of the Club to ensure that we make the right decisions for the future of Partick Thistle.

“I know that it is hard to even think about that now but together we can make things happen. Together We Are Thistle.”

BScyFmjIAAA1aqq.jpg

Together We Are Thistle. Is Partick officially declaring themselves as TWATs a new thing or have I just not being paying attention?

44 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Can someone let me know who the decent/insane Partick posters are please?

I need to know who to target in next seasons match threads.

Thank you.

I'll get a list pm'd over in due course m9. If you could do likewise for Falkirk and the other Championship teams that would be great.

Thank you.

I'll get a list pm'd over in due course m9. If you could do likewise for Falkirk and the other Championship teams that would be great.
Thank you.
I will add you into the Whatsapp group. We use it to judge posters and decide who to embrace/alienate on a monthly basis.

As a stop gap, can I suggest that even in your current state, its probably a good idea to swagger into the Dundee Uts thread and poke fun at them. You dont have to support a good football team to do that and its something we Championship fans like to bond over.

Good way to meet new people and also spend some time with the Dees. Easily the politest and most impeccably mannered fans on P&B.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I will add you into the Whatsapp group. We use it to judge posters and decide who to embrace/alienate on a monthly basis.

As a stop gap, can I suggest that even in your current state, its probably a good idea to swagger into the Dundee Uts thread and poke fun at them. You dont have to support a good football team to do that and its something we Championship fans like to bond over.

Good way to meet new people and also spend some time with the Dees. Easily the politest and most impeccably mannered fans on P&B.

Thank you.

PM sent m9. Yinited fans are easily riled, I look forward to the day the administrators padlock the doors at the Fruit Bowl next season.

Are Falkirk fans still a mixed bag?

PM sent m9. Yinited fans are easily riled, I look forward to the day the administrators padlock the doors at the Fruit Bowl next season.
Are Falkirk fans still a mixed bag?
We are an eclectic mix, but performed well on the forum in a difficult season. We swatted aside a Michael Portillo inspired relegation express thread, and handled our shit well throughout the eyeball saga.

1 minute ago, Reverend Maynard said:

Not today.

I can see that. Hopefully you can stave off Admin until we pay you lads a visit next season. Thank you.

2 hours ago, CambieBud said:

That was a truly horrible game of “football”. It is no wonder TV companies are loath to pay to transmit live games. It reminded me of Italian teams from the 70’s and 80’s. Time wasting from the 1st minute. 11 men in your own box. Dreadful to watch. For the sake of our beautiful game, hopefully Livingston do a Brechin in the top flight next season.

I'm pretty sure the TV companies transmit about 80 Scottish games every season, so they obviously don't mind.

1 minute ago, John MacLean said:

Not read any other comments on here - too painful - but congratulations to Livi. Deserved the win over the two games with a bit to spare. c***s :-)

Indeed. Two whole goals in fact ;) 

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm pretty sure the TV companies transmit about 80 Scottish games every season, so they obviously don't mind.

To be honest, Livi have a small squad and lost two striking options ( Hardie and Deveta) so with 4 games in 13 days our guys were spent towards the end. Today was about getting over the line, we had the desire and Thistle were gutless

2 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

You've never been to Livingston have you?

Its easy to get to by train for Hearts and Hibs fans at least. 

If you don't mind drinking in a pub in a shopping centre then its just fine. 

Archived