Partick Thistle vs Livingston - Playoff Final

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Absolutely. A badge of honour as we continually finish above massive clubs like Dundee and  Partick Thistle. 

Just now, tree house tam said:

And we'll diddy ride you boys again next season, amarite?

Fair play to Bordem, however you 2 should know better.

IMG_2016.GIF

DQD4M.gif.456655c27277713e58ec406ed1e66ae7.gif

Never mind.

Makes it even more likely you'll stay down for another year.

This result was always win-win for us.

Livi not coming up would have been Karma for 10 years ago - but now they have made it they'll be favourites to go straight down - not sure Thistle would have been.

16 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

That was a truly horrible game of “football”. It is no wonder TV companies are loath to pay to transmit live games. It reminded me of Italian teams from the 70’s and 80’s. Time wasting from the 1st minute. 11 men in your own box. Dreadful to watch. For the sake of our beautiful game, hopefully Livingston do a Brechin in the top flight next season.

^^^Willie Miller

Great to see the Championship team come up - the playoffs are a bit rigged in favour of the Premiership team. Good to see Livi back too to keep things fresh. Good luck next year. 

Great away days for lots of teams in the central belt too. 

Just now, Falcor Roar said:

the playoffs are a bit rigged in favour of the Premiership team.

How?

Selling SPFL Team of the Year CB for Liam Lindsay for £350k was an absolute disaster, considering how vital he was for attacking + defending set pieces and long balls/crosses, and someone needs to be held accountable for it.

Aye because no team he played for would be relegated...

£350K is fantastic money for a club like Partick Thistle. I doubt you could realistically have got any more. Maybe blame the people who didn’t replace him.

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

Aye because no team he played for would be relegated...

£350K is fantastic money for a club like Partick Thistle. I doubt you could realistically have got any more.

maybe so, but we've never replaced him and I'd dispute that we couldn't have got more (Hendry going for £1M+ springs to mind) *unless* there was some sort of release clause or gentleman's agreement with him (in which case we fucked up with it being so low). He made Keown and Devine play better alongside him, too.

There's a lot more to why we went down - Osman, Barton, Storey and others not contributing enough, piss poor decision making - but I'm still a seething mess with that transfer.

Fair fucks to Livingston. Absolutely horrendous anti-football played by a team of hacks and cheats, and they still beat us fair and square, twice.

Everyone except Doolan can be shown the door tomorrow morning.

Archived