Partick Thistle vs Livingston - Playoff Final

4 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Woods played Ok when we arrived. He’s another sand dancer though. Storey, Spittal, Barton, Devine, Woods. Not terrible footballers but they all would get rag dolled by a kitten.

giphy.gif

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, third lanark said:

SOS the SPFL mate they get half the gate for this game 

Technically they don't get half. The home club gets 15% for costs then the SPFL takes 50% of the gate. It is used to partially fund the parachute payments for the Premiership sides dropping out of the league. 

2 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Woods played Ok when we arrived. He’s another sand dancer though. Storey, Spittal, Barton, Devine, Woods. Not terrible footballers but they all would get rag dolled by a kitten.

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

giphy.gif

EA67AB48-C08E-485E-A228-2FAD3FAA5471.gif.19e7dccca4bd8667eacd0ea7ed356b9d.gif

Nerves are well and truly starting to kick in ahead of this tomorrow. 

There is only a couple of certainties about tomorrow that I know, our team will give everything and leave everything out on the pitch, and regardless of the result I’ll be very proud of our efforts this season. 

Just like to thank the guys who gave up some time to offer advice on pubs to go to, heading to an organised event in central Glasgow pre match, so hopefully a few drinks there will calm the nerves. 

Good luck to both teams, I just desperately hope we can do this. 

Only thing that's really giving me any optimism is the Peterhead playoff from 12 years ago, where we were similarly dire and lost 2-1 in the first leg after going 1-0 up and then fluked a 2-1 win in the 2nd leg. Although even if we take it to penalties like we did then, our record with those is ... pish, and we've already lost one to Livingston this season.

If Erskine can't play, my already low hopes will be minimised even further. Chances are if he does play, he'll be pish, but it's the hope that he can win a game on his own that kills you.

36 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I'll pm you on Tuesday  to see how you're getting on, don't jump till I give you the ok pal xxx 

I know you're behind us brother xxx

4 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Only thing that's really giving me any optimism is the Peterhead playoff from 12 years ago, where we were similarly dire and lost 2-1 in the first leg after going 1-0 up and then fluked a 2-1 win in the 2nd leg. Although even if we take it to penalties like we did then, our record with those is ... pish, and we've already lost one to Livingston this season.

If Erskine can't play, my already low hopes will be minimised even further. Chances are if he does play, he'll be pish, but it's the hope that he can win a game on his own that kills you.

Desperate times if you are pinning your hopes on Chris Erskine. I know the feel.

Looking forward to another entertaining match tomorrow. The playoffs have been brilliant, even objectively including my team's hilarious implosion.

7 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Desperate times if you are pinning your hopes on Chris Erskine. I know the feel.

A desperate situation undoubtedly but not one exacerbated by relying on one of the few who plays for the badge on the jersey and who has come through for us more times than not.

16 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Looking forward to another entertaining match tomorrow. The playoffs have been brilliant, even objectively including my team's hilarious implosion.

Chris Erskine deliberately didn’t try for your evil excuse for a football club.

He is in fact the second coming of Jesus Christ himself.

15 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

A desperate situation undoubtedly but not one exacerbated by relying on one of the few who plays for the badge on the jersey and who has come through for us more times than not.

I quite liked Erskine. Offered something different than the usual predictable shite.

Not a top flight player though.

9 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Chris Erskine deliberately didn’t try for your evil excuse for a football club.

He is in fact the second coming of Jesus Christ himself.

Are you questioning his integrity?

18 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I quite liked Erskine. Offered something different than the usual predictable shite.

Jobbie sleever but not a slaver. Mon the Jags... 

10 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Pure pished. Mon the Jags.

f**k St Job done*

f**k Hamilton

f**k me

*the johnnies

Someone is going to peak pre-game and crash out in the pub

45 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

This is just total nonsense. He absolutely is a top-flight player and has performed solidly for us. It’s not his fault that Ratnamara and Mixu couldn’t man manage for shit.

Refusing to play well for Dundee United isn’t just not a scar on integrity; it’s a moral obligation.

1 minute ago, Ad Lib said:

This is just total nonsense. He absolutely is a top-flight player and has performed solidly for us. It’s not his fault that Ratnamara and Mixu couldn’t man manage for shit.

Refusing to play well for Dundee United isn’t just not a scar on integrity; it’s a moral obligation.

Partick's 11th placed finish this season with the "second coming of Jesus Christ" suggests otherwise.

Complimented by Blair Spittal. :lol:

My stomach’s already churning like f**k, but I’m also relatively calm about tomorrow. If the players put in the effort as they have done for the previous 40-odd matches this season, I won’t be disappointed about the result. Never thought we’d be remotely close to the top four this season, let alone second, and now the play-off final.

It’ll be a large away crowd by our standards, doesn’t happen too often, I’m just buzzing for the occasion and what could come. Mon the fuckin’ Livi.

Archived