Partick Thistle vs Livingston - Playoff Final

7 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I think that Osman to St Johnstone rumour was thrown up by one of those 'Agent Scotland' inspired twitter accounts. We are after a central midfielder but I don't think we'll be in for Osman.

Quite tempted to go along to the second leg of this. Sitting with the Livi fans obviously. Us agricultural diddies have to stick together.

Guaranteed if you's sign him he'll be class again. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Guaranteed if you's sign him he'll be class again. 

He is - or certainly was - a good player but I think we'll go for someone younger than Osman. He seems more interested in selling his clobber than he does playing football these days too.

10 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I think that Osman to St Johnstone rumour was thrown up by one of those 'Agent Scotland' inspired twitter accounts. We are after a central midfielder but I don't think we'll be in for Osman.

Quite tempted to go along to the second leg of this. Sitting with the Livi fans obviously. Us agricultural diddies have to stick together.

Agent Scotland is always in the know!

Super reliable.

Loves Scottish Football so much he always turns up to Scottish Football matches. (That just happen to be on TV)

Always first to the exclusives! 

And by first I mean minutes after the news has been officially announced. 

1 hour ago, Ad Lib said:

On the train into work this morning I went through our squad list and thought who I would "actively" want to keep next season. This was the list I arrived at:

Active Keep

Cerny, Elliott, Keown, Penrice, McCarthy, Erskine, Doolan, Sammon

Meh

Edwards, Spittal, Woods, Booth, Lawless

Dump

Devine, Barton, Osman, McGinn, Dumbuya, Storey, Nisbet

Crocked

Bannigan, Fraser

Is this fair? Because it feels brutal.

Dump Sammon (he had a purple batch and has offered nothing since), keep Lawless. Bannigan is on the verge of meh for me. Dunno how I feel about Cargill, he’s regressed badly since debut. 

2 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Dump Sammon (he had a purple batch and has offered nothing since), keep Lawless. Bannigan is on the verge of meh for me. Dunno how I feel about Cargill, he’s regressed badly since debut. 

Was it sprouting broccoli?

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

I thought all week we'd match up 352 against Livi with Barton at the back to have a spare man at the back and to bring the ball out of defence. Instead his role was to stand on the right wing trying to win headers from kickouts, and not tracking Pittman at the second goal. 

It's crazy how limited we are by Cerny struggling to kick the ball >50 yards at goal kicks or any free kicks in his own area; we're sorely lacking the confidence to play short out of the back (and, crucially, Bannigan who was great at being willing to collect short from goal kicks/defenders and spray passes about, particularly switching it to the full backs) which if we did so would just invite pressure on us so that's a no-no, Cerny barely clears the half-way line if he aims them centrally so aiming them in the middle will end up getting mopped up comfortably by most centre halves, so we stick Sammon out wide at them and, again linked to the poor confidence and the fact everyone has figured out that we aim the kicks out wide every single game coupled with Sammon not really being that good at winning headers, we struggle to win the 1st + 2nd ball from them... which more often than not ends up inviting pressure back on us.

I thought all week we'd match up 352 against Livi with Barton at the back to have a spare man at the back and to bring the ball out of defence. Instead his role was to stand on the right wing trying to win headers from kickouts, and not tracking Pittman at the second goal. 

I imagine there will be a bit of clamour for everyone who didn't start last night to start on Sunday, especially Mccarthy. I'd say hell contribute more than Woods and get stuck in but I think he'd also be a prime target for getting suckered into a red card. Pinning what little hope I have left on Erskine being fit and pulling it out the fire. 

In terms of next season, the rumour mill seems to have already thrown up 

Mcginn -st Mirren 

Lawless - Hamilton 

Mccarthy - hearts 

Storey - ict 

Osman - St J 

Booth - Dundee 

Other than Cerny, Doolan, Erskine, Penrice and Mccarthy, I'd happily let the rest go regardless of what happens Sunday (I know a few others are under contract). 

Booth is as soft as a 10 pint Guiness session shite

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Livi fans now the ones playing billy big baws.. the thread has gone full circle, marvellous stuff.

Absolutely not , but throughout the season Livi have been slated and everyone's favourite to go back down. Absolutely no credit given by " bigger" clubs who had a shitfest of a campaign and critical of a team who gave everything week in week out. Hope to see you next season .

f**k knows what will happen on Sunday. I'm still trying to stay positive but we need a completely different approach to last night. Looked like we were trying to play them at their own game. Devine needs dropped, I think I'd have Sammon as an option off the bench, and if he's fit then Elliott needs to start. Keep Barton in the team for his height, but as we were far too narrow last night I think 3-5-2 might be the best bet to start with. No idea what's up with Keown but if he's out, maybe go bold with Penrice in a back 3, and benefit from his set pieces (/get Woods off them)?

Cerny

Cargill - Barton - Penrice

Elliott ---- Edwards - Lawless - Woods ---- Booth

Doolan - Erskine*

* If Erskine is out, move Lawless further forward and bring in McCarthy?

3 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Penrice was superb in CM for us, surprised I've only ever seen Partick fans saying he should be in defence. 

Given that our only other viable option is Callum Booth, and his only claim to fame is giving a seagull a concussion a few years ago, you'd understand why.

As it is, I'd just be happy to see Penrice playing in general. Some left foot on him.

18 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Penrice was superb in CM for us, surprised I've only ever seen Partick fans saying he should be in defence. 

I’m really surprised he’s not playing CM for us also after hearing how well he done for Livi.

When you consider how Barton and Woods played last night Penrice must be really disappointed he got recalled from his Loan,

Archie’s played him once or twice in a team full of absolute shitebags.

Just now, Slacker said:

f**k knows what will happen on Sunday. I'm still trying to stay positive but we need a completely different approach to last night. Looked like we were trying to play them at their own game. Devine needs dropped, I think I'd have Sammon as an option off the bench, and if he's fit then Elliott needs to start. Keep Barton in the team for his height, but as we were far too narrow last night I think 3-5-2 might be the best bet to start with. No idea what's up with Keown but if he's out, maybe go bold with Penrice in a back 3, and benefit from his set pieces (/get Woods off them)?

Cerny

Cargill - Barton - Penrice

Elliott ---- Edwards - Lawless - Woods ---- Booth

Doolan - Erskine*

* If Erskine is out, move Lawless further forward and bring in McCarthy?

Looked more like you were trying to play us at the game Archibald thought we played, none of our goals in this play offs have come from balls being lumped long into the box, we've had 5 goals created from pressing play and running at teams, or going down the wing and crossing from the bye line,  and 1 goal from a long throw in headed to the back post, but supposedly we just lump long balls from all over the pitch into our opponents box. We mix it up all game too and aren't a one trick pony.

Really surprised at how many times Thistle just hit a long ball either straight over the top down the centre, or up the channels, very little trying to get in behind us or passing it through our midfield. But that seemed to be your game plan right from the start so I don't see what Archibald is saying about you getting dragged into it. First 5 minutes we had you pinned back and first chance you got it was hit straight up the pitch, even your goal came from playing like that.

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Looked more like you were trying to play us at the game Archibald thought we played, none of our goals in this play offs have come from balls being lumped long into the box, we've had 6 goals created from pressing play and running at teams, or going down the wing and crossing from the bye line,  and 1 goal from a long throw in headed to the back post, but supposedly we just lump long balls from all over the pitch into our opponents box. We mix it up all game too and aren't a one trick pony.

Really surprised at how many times Thistle just hit a long ball either straight over the top down the cntre, or up the channels, very little trying to get in behind us or passing it through our midfield. But that seemed to be your game plan right from the start so I don't see what Archibald is saying about you getting dragged into it. First 5 minutes we had you pinned back and first chance you got it was hit straight up the pitch, even your goal came from playing like that.

Mostly punting balls forward because no 1 wanted the responsibility of losing the ball and shat it because Livi were all over them.  

Seemed to think punting it forward to Sammon was the answer. 

The only chance we have of winning is if we manage to keep the ball on the deck and try and play football. And hope Erskines back and had one of his Unplayable days.

Archived