Partick Thistle vs Livingston - Playoff Final

12 minutes ago, yoda said:

It's great seeing it happen to someone else. His County career was basically him living off Jackson Irvine for two seasons. 

He’s another one we were warned about. Caley fans told us Devine was shite, and when he started well we thought they were at it but eventually their predictions ended up being very, very accurate. Same with United fans telling us Spittal was a shitebag; again, he had a storming start to the season, but eventually him being a total loser became really evident.

Then we were warned about Woods and his appalling set pieces from County fans. His first two or three games I seem to remember he didn’t take any of them, and we were all pleased with his performances. Then he slowly started appearing next to every dead ball opportunity, executing almost all of them badly. Now I hate the c**t.

Funny how these things work.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Maybe did us a favour not sending Devine off if he plays on Sunday.

I see a lot of what Partick need to do to win on Sunday, but it isn't easy to do what you need to do playing against us, we don't give you time to play nice football and as much as they are the Premiership team, they're the 2nd worst one and don't have the players to run rings around us, Hibs couldn't even do that in an earlier cup game. Really think we'll score a goal or two on Sunday too, there are so many of our players capable of scoring, and any of them can just pop up and grab a goal. Pittman has been outstanding getting up for chances, still looking for him to do his signature 25 yard screamer into the top corner though.

Yep - we haven't got, say, a Josh Magennis or Lyle Taylor (floodsoftears.jpg) type that has it in him to single handedly destroy you and save our skin. Sammon is out of form, Storey has never really hit form and we'd have been better off keeping fucking Amoo (Storey's contributed about as much/little, right down to scoring against St Johnstone). Doolan is superb and has proven himself, even in a shiter of a season, but if he's being well-marshalled/marked or just plain having an off-day it kills 99% of our goal threat.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Last team to do that was Partick Thistle from 2000 to 2002.  Before that I think it was Dunfermline in the 1980s.

Gretna........ 

League Div 3 - 2004-05

League Div 2 - 2005-06

League Div 1 - 2006-07

SPL - 2007-08

43 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Went to this game last night and must admit Livi were by far the hungrier team of the two , shows what a good manager can install into an average bunch of guys , credit to Hopkin he has them playing as he did as he wasn’t the best but gave you all he had , cant ask for anymore 

well done Livi and jags know they are almost down so better get the finger out , Sunday should be a belter

Don't think they can be described as "an average bunch of guys"  stick to junior football if that's what you recognise as average. One minute Hopkin is " a good manager" then of course, he wasn't very good , the next. International player and cup winner in England, aye, distinctly average.

1 minute ago, Monkey socks said:

Don't think they can be described as "an average bunch of guys"  stick to junior football if that's what you recognise as average.

Livi fans now the ones playing billy big baws.. the thread has gone full circle, marvellous stuff.

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Not when I lived there. But that was 20 years ago. Only been back once to the shopping centre.

Literally summed up everyone's relationship with Livingston. 

I thought all week we'd match up 352 against Livi with Barton at the back to have a spare man at the back and to bring the ball out of defence. Instead his role was to stand on the right wing trying to win headers from kickouts, and not tracking Pittman at the second goal. 

I imagine there will be a bit of clamour for everyone who didn't start last night to start on Sunday, especially Mccarthy. I'd say hell contribute more than Woods and get stuck in but I think he'd also be a prime target for getting suckered into a red card. Pinning what little hope I have left on Erskine being fit and pulling it out the fire. 

In terms of next season, the rumour mill seems to have already thrown up 

Mcginn -st Mirren 

Lawless - Hamilton 

Mccarthy - hearts 

Storey - ict 

Osman - St J 

Booth - Dundee 

Other than Cerny, Doolan, Erskine, Penrice and Mccarthy, I'd happily let the rest go regardless of what happens Sunday (I know a few others are under contract). 

Bottom line if Thistle play to the best of their ability they’ll more than likely win. However, if they produce anything like they have done for the majority of this season e.g. Dingwall and Tynecastle : Livingston will win and deservedly so.

Just now, Raphael said:

Thistle need to pull the finger out.  We don't need another diddy away day. :whistle

Just now, Raphael said:

Diddy though. Any good pubs in Livingston? I actually can't recall.

Just now, Raphael said:

Literally summed up everyone's relationship with Livingston. 

Just now, Raphael said:

Mon the Thistle!!! 

Pipe doon.

Super Livi, we're on our way...........:bounce2

I think that Osman to St Johnstone rumour was thrown up by one of those 'Agent Scotland' inspired twitter accounts. We are after a central midfielder but I don't think we'll be in for Osman.

Quite tempted to go along to the second leg of this. Sitting with the Livi fans obviously. Us agricultural diddies have to stick together.

Archived