Partick Thistle vs Livingston - Playoff Final

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Barton was 100% to blame for the winner. 

Yes but Devine could easily have been responsible for 4 other goals last night. Should have been sent off too.

At least Barton is tall and can sometimes kick a ball properly.

Have to be honest and say Cerny diving over the ball for the first, and seeing Partick fans raging at Livi wasting time felt like karma. 

Its been said by a few, but you've got to take your hat off to Livi.  They battle to the death, win every header and tackle, don't seem to get in bother for stupid stuff like retaliation/ arguing with the ref, work like mad, are very fit and very well organised.  They have a brilliant team spirit and also have a bit of quality at times as shown by some of their goals in the play-offs.  They remind me of the Wimbledon team of the late 80's in their attitude.

All of the above sounds like it should be a given for every professional football team, but you don't see it all that often.  I don't think they'd be the whipping boys everyone expects if they do go up.

Thistle got dragged into the battle Livi would have wanted; thought Particks best chance would be to get the ball down and keep possession and wear down Livi's pressing game, but none of their players stepped up and managed to do that.

The tie is really well poised at 2-1. Still think Thistle will produce a lot more at home but if Livi score first, I'm not sure Partick have the heart to turn it around.

The play-offs are magic.

I hope we start with Doolan and Storey up top. Sammon offered nothing and I see us getting more (well more than zero) joy if Storey is dragging them around a bit and doing Doolans running.

Would go with McCarthy and Osman in the middle, Osman moves the ball a lot quicker and it takes Wookds off of set plays.

9 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

If Partick come back and win this they CANNOT celebrate.

The P&B community will look down upon all of you.

‘Celebrating 11th riddy/minter.’
Will get said approximately 100 times.

It is a fucking riddy. I was embarrassed when we celebrated like we won a cup. 

c***s like Tope Obadeyi and Kevin McHattie taking selfies and parading about as if they had just won the champions league was cringey beyond belief. 

Absolute dross with only Doolan and Cerny getting pass marks. I feel sorry for Edwards as he works really hard but the team are gutless. We need Erskine, McCarthy and Elliott back at weekend. And Keown to replace Devine. He should have been shown a red card. He was shocking.

What does Woods offer? Nothing. He’s done very little since coming in. Poor deliveries, orders everyone around but does nothing himself. Just shuns responsibility to his team mates. Not a signing that has improved team and Archie has made some poor signing decisions this season.

12 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

Absolute dross with only Doolan and Cerny getting pass marks. I feel sorry for Edwards as he works really hard but the team are gutless. We need Erskine, McCarthy and Elliott back at weekend. And Keown to replace Devine. He should have been shown a red card. He was shocking.

Really don’t think cerny can get passmarks for last night really- pretty poor for both goals to be honest 

Archived