Partick Thistle vs Livingston - Playoff Final

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Partick come back and win this they CANNOT celebrate.

The P&B community will look down upon all of you.

‘Celebrating 11th riddy/minter.’
Will get said approximately 100 times.

12 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

Which doubles as an admission that you haven't been watching much of the Scottish Prem this year.

Only time I've seen them this season was their game against County a few weeks back - I reckon if they could both still be playing that out now, and there still wouldn't be a winner.

Surely some sort of fight or flight, adrenaline pumping scenario comes into it for Thistle on Sunday? It's well and truly the last chance for them.

I just don't know how the lads at Glasgow Uni will be able to face their West Lothian College counterparts after a result like that.

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

Rafa is out for months, Crutiate Ligaments I think.  :thumbsdown

Sake, Dundee Utd didn't half do a number on us, fecked Hardie in the last league game before we had to play them in the play offs then clobbered Rafa right at the start of the 2nd leg after he ripped them a new one in the first leg. Gallagher and Miller getting a few sore ones too. 

Went along last night and sat in the away end. Livingston bullied and kicked as per and Partick let them.

They are going to have to raise their effort big time on Sunday if they are going to win.

The Partick support seemed pretty resigned to getting relegated, very critical of their side and manager. Seems like a cocktail for defeat Sunday. If Livingston don't get through now it will be a real missed opportunity.

There is a real sartorial elegance about the Partick support. Very odd mix

6 hours ago, Afro said:

I've been thinking about this for months now, and I really have no idea how David Hopkin has managed it.

It's quite stunning when you consider that if you avoid defeat at the weekend, you'll have gone from sharing a league with Peterhead last year to one with the biggest teams the likes of Celtic, Aberdeen & Hibs in just a few months time. 

7 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

Nope. Besides a big team phoatie, all you just get is the chance to run about like maddies for a bit and fling several double-vickies at despondent fans of the defeated (i.e. Falkirk).

Sounds a lot like 21 May 2016. Well, apart from the Falkirk bit.

Fair play to Livi if they go up over the two ties.

If we had even half the heart they had we'd probably have more than enough for them, but we are soft as shit. 

The only way I see us beating them is if we bring more width into the game. Trying to go through the middle or lumping big balls up on to their centre backs is pointless. 

If our players can't get up for these two games then they're getting what they deserve. 

3 minutes ago, The Arch said:

The only way I see us beating them is if we bring more width into the game. Trying to go through the middle or lumping big balls up on to their centre backs is pointless.

Doubling up on the wing-backs and pulling the centre-backs out of position is the way to beat them.  Dundee United showed how much space there is to be had behind them in those areas, and Dundee United hardly made it count.

1 minute ago, bunglebonce said:

Doubling up on the wing-backs and pulling the centre-backs out of position is the way to beat them.  Dundee United showed how much space there is to be had behind them in those areas, and Dundee United hardly made it count.

I'm afraid it's not about what Thistle do , it's about what they don't do. If they don't handle the balls from everywhere on the park into their box, better than last night , then they'll lose again.

Fair play to Livingston, set themselves up pretty much spot on to beat us and well deserved too. I can't recall seeing a team so up for a game before, I think they were first to 90% of any loose balls while f**k knows what we were doing. Have to hand it to Hopkin, it reminded me of how up for it a Lambie team would have been, so much fight and energy from every player. There was a lot of long ball, but based on how we coped with that, it was the absolute spot on tactic to go with. If that had been a draw I'd have felt really hard done by as a Livi player/fan, as it stands 2-1 is actually flattering us. I would hate to play Livi next season, one bonus of this play off is not having to for a while.

The game reminded me a bit of the Morton game before we came up in importance and how the opposition played, although at that point we had a team that could deal with balls over the top easily, get the ball on the ground and moving it about. I think Archie's tactics and lineup were all wrong, I don't even think Devine should be on the subs bench and instead Barton should have been at the back. McCarthy should have been in midfield. A game like that needed Elliott, why on earth he wasn't playing baffles me. We had an option of using Penrice in a game against a team he knows better than any other player we had, a player who Livi fans rate very highly; didn't even get on the park. We really missed Erskine as well. I could go on, but I really can't be arsed anymore. 

Can't wait for this season to be over on Sunday. I don't know what is worse, winning, staying up and Archie remaining or losing, Archie leaving, but going down. 

I’d be happy to see Thistle go down for the sole reason they never, ever take any points off Celtic or Sevco 

Not saying Aberdeen are particularly great at this either but we need as few “shitebags against the OF” as possible  

Not seen a lot of Thistle at all this season, but they looked very poor last night, in the second half especially. 

Given the times Livvy got in behind them it may actually be easier for them to score in an away game at Thistle. 

I  know AA is well liked and Thistle aren't a club to cut him loose, but I'd imagine they have a decision to make next week - even if they stay up. 

Archived