Partick Thistle vs Livingston - Playoff Final

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before the play-offs started, I always felt Livingston would be better equipped to potentially defeat the Premiership side. The Pars were unbeaten against them but they're awkward to play against; in the first 45 minutes of the opening day, they played us off the park. 

They have a style that suits them and, while they do go direct, they've got some decent footballers in there as well. The biggest thing about them for me is their fitness levels; the way they press high continuously in a game is very impressive, and it was the same tonight. 

I thought they were much the better side and deserve to be ahead going into Sunday. They didn't create barrowloads of chances, but they certainly had the better of them and scored a fine second goal.

Thistle's goal was well taken but I thought they were awful. Cerny has to save the first goal but the didn't seem to have the stomach for the battle that Livingston did, they struggled to pass the ball and had absolutely no movement or creation up top.

I suspect we'll see an improved Thistle on Sunday and they'll have to up it considerably. The work Hopkin has done with Livingston is very impressive.

On 12/05/2018 at 17:24, Buddist Monk said:

I've got a feeling Thistle and their fans will be going into this, after seeing the somewhat agricultural nature of Livi's play this season, with their heads high. What will be interesting is seeing how they react when they find out just how effective that strategy can be for them.

^_^

Happend to captain Abdul ? He away selling Bunnets ? Archie should ask him if he needs any staff and f**k off with him. 

Really hope Erskines and McCarthy play the 2ng leg on Sunday. I also hope the Team bus leaves Livingston without Barton and Devine and we never see the c***s again.

Archived