Partick Thistle vs Livingston - Playoff Final

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have I’d say the smallest full time budget in Scotland, that includes both Ayr Utd and Raith Rovers this season, you’d be amazed at how small our budget is which again shows what an incredible achievement it is just to be in this position.
We’ve built a team of fairly young players that have maybe dropped down the leagues and are trying to work there way back up again, a few troubles soles, people that aren’t demanding a large wage, players that want to prove themselves again.
These players aren’t the most gifted footballers in the world but we have the hardest working team I’ve ever seen at Livingston, they just don’t know when they are beat, will run through walls for David Hopkin who has us organised and tough to beat. 

So basically you’ve got this one shot

otherwise the players who are working their way up again who have rebuilt their reputations will make their way up again individually

2 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

I guess Frizzell could play up top as a 10 ? 

I don't think he has it in him to do anything special at Firhill...

Apparently I can't write any text after a spoiler any more and it just gets crammed in at the end and I can't edit it. The anti-Livi bias on this website is disgusting.

Promising start to the thread, can't wait to see how it goes during/after the games.

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

otherwise the players who are working their way up again who have rebuilt their reputations will make their way up again individually

I think it would be very hard to replicate this season in the championship even if we kept all our players anyway tbh, next seasons championship is looking even tougher.

Although we do have 6 or 7 of the current squad already signed up for next season, I think a few may stay regardless of what league and there are certainly 2 or 3 that will likely move on. 

Only time will tell though. 

6 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

I don't think he has it in him to do anything special at Firhill...

Hide contents

Promising start to the thread, can't wait to see how it goes during/after the games.

That's plenty. Just take your doing with good grace :angel

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

It's been a while since I realised how much we are despised. 

I'm for the Livi win. Nothing against Thistle, apart from them all being c***s, it's just a welcome change to the teams we'd play, and what Livi have done over the past year is a brilliant story.

I don't think it'll happen though, I think Thistle will be too strong.

14 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I'm for the Livi win. Nothing against Thistle, apart from them all being c***s, it's just a welcome change to the teams we'd play, and what Livi have done over the past year is a brilliant story.

I don't think it'll happen though, I think Thistle will be too strong.

Because Livi is closer to Perth and your a cheap little bitch?

42 minutes ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

Why? So you'll no be the worst supported team in the league. YMCA

Livingston are a bigger club than St Johnstone. They have bigger fan base and they won their first major trophy a decade after being formed.

St Johnstone had to wait over a century for their first (and only) major trophy.

3 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Livingston are a bigger club than St Johnstone. They have bigger fan base and they won their first major trophy a decade after being formed.

St Johnstone had to wait over a century for their first (and only) major trophy.

OH SHIT! St Johnstone fans are going to hound you now, all four of them!

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Didn't see it coming and hope we take full advantage of it.

We've had better players playing at this level, Andrews, Tosh, Bingham, Wilson, Hoolihan, Scougall, McNulty, Griffiths, Andreu, Snodgrass, MacKay, Davidson, McPake, the list goes on, but as a team, we've never had a group of players playing together with such a will to win and a 2nd to none attitude, and Hoppy is prob the best manager we've ever had too. Fucking place is bouncing just now as well, really hope we can do it this season.

Fair play for venturing into the big boys section of the forum. Considering that Dundee United are set to spend another (debt-ridden) year at their natural level in the second tier of Scottish football, I thought we wouldn't have seen any supporters of the tangerine embarrassment in this thread. Well done, you.
Greetin'.

7 hours ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

Why? So you'll no be the worst supported team in the league. YMCA

Because Livingston would be something different, and it gets really boring having Thistle fans crawling over every Saints thread hunting for bites. 

6 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Honest question, when did Thistle last achieve anything of note? 

As in when was the last appearance in a a major Final, or the last top three finish? 

Answered it myself, 1963, and no major cup finals since 1959.

I suppose that'll be why their fans are so jealous. 

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Honest question, when did Thistle last achieve anything of note? 

As in when was the last appearance in a a major Final, or the last top three finish? 

Answered it myself, 1963, and no major cup finals since 1959.

I suppose that'll be why their fans are so jealous. 

If you're going to try and use Google to look like a smart arse, it helps if you actually get it right... 

Archived