Redirecting to virus-y sites

eez-eh

Question

The last couple of days while I’ve been browsing P&B I’ve started getting redirected to dodgy sites telling me I’ve won phones, amazon vouchers etc. It’s happened on multiple platforms and it’s only happening while I’m on P&B so I can’t see it being a problem on my end.

Dunno if it’s to do with some of the ads but it’s a bit of a nuisance as the only way to get out of it is to close the tab.

• Answers 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 hours ago, Div said:

I can't recreate any issues using Safari on iOS. Are you experiencing these problems today?

I took the adblocker off and it’s still happening, probably not quite to the same extent but it’s still there.

9 hours ago, eez-eh said:

The last couple of days while I’ve been browsing P&B I’ve started getting redirected to dodgy sites telling me I’ve won phones, amazon vouchers etc. It’s happened on multiple platforms and it’s only happening while I’m on P&B so I can’t see it being a problem on my end.

Dunno if it’s to do with some of the ads but it’s a bit of a nuisance as the only way to get out of it is to close the tab.

I use an app called Privacy Guardian which beavers away in the background. It shows P & B as one of the top tracking websites and has blocked 20 recent "potential tracking attempts". What with Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, Facebook and other social media outlets promoting dodgy sites, it would be very easy to become paranoid. 

23 hours ago, Div said:

A change has been made, can those affected confirm issue has been resolved please?

Just started happening on my iPad.  In the politics forum.

I’m pretty sure they’re Morten fans!!!

13 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Just started happening on my iPad.  In the politics forum.

I’m pretty sure they’re Morten fans!!!

Yeah its just happening on ipad too, tried using chrome on my ipad instead of safari but I keep getting redirected.

This started happening to me today on iPad thru safari; it's a nightmare as I'm not even on P&B ten seconds and it redirects me to either Samsung/ amazon gift card/ national consumer survey/ angry birds(?!).

Sending this from iPhone and no issues so far.

It only affects P&B on iPad, other sites I look at on it thru safari are unaffected.

So in answer to @Div no definitely not resolved in my case.

On 22/05/2018 at 17:18, Frankie S said:

Constant redirects to spam sites have rendered P&B pretty much unusable now, at least from my iPad, which is my default browsing method. Spent a few days hoping things would get better, but they’ve got much, much worse. Can’t see me bothering to check the site anymore.

This applies to me also. Also affects Steelmen Online which I think now uses same platform as P&B. No other websites and also oN IPad

Not on the sites for more than 10-15 seconds and National Consumer Centre appears. Right pain in the arse to the extent I will not bother. I have disabled pop ups and removed website data and all sorts but still these ads appear !!

Constant redirects to spam sites have rendered P&B pretty much unusable now, at least from my iPad, which is my default browsing method. Spent a few days hoping things would get better, but they’ve got much, much worse. Can’t see me bothering to check the site anymore.

Archived