Redirecting to virus-y sites

eez-eh

Question

The last couple of days while I’ve been browsing P&B I’ve started getting redirected to dodgy sites telling me I’ve won phones, amazon vouchers etc. It’s happened on multiple platforms and it’s only happening while I’m on P&B so I can’t see it being a problem on my end.

Dunno if it’s to do with some of the ads but it’s a bit of a nuisance as the only way to get out of it is to close the tab.

• Answers 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On 6/20/2018 at 08:58, Nightmare said:

The pop-up adverts which make it impossible to read pages on mobile. You get re-directed to these dodgy as f**k sites, and the back button doesn’t work, meaning you have to close your browser and open P&B from the start.

Usually happens within 3 or 4 clicks after opening P&B.

I'm not seeing those issues here :huh:

4 minutes ago, welldaft said:

This applies to me also. Also affects Steelmen Online which I think now uses same platform as P&B. No other websites and also oN IPad

Not on the sites for more than 10-15 seconds and National Consumer Centre appears. Right pain in the arse to the extent I will not bother. I have disabled pop ups and removed website data and all sorts but still these ads appear !!

Noticed it was infecting the TAMB site as well. Problem seems to have largely diminished here (today anyway), but have installed Never Ads app just in case.

I've reported to the ad guys. Thanks for your patience.

The ads are a pain, but a necessary pain. If you want to enjoy the site with no adverts, and still contribute to the costs of running it, you can take out a Platinum Subscription for just £1 a month, which can be done in a few seconds here;

Hadn’t had any problems with this the last few weeks but tonight the site is almost unusable with the number of pop-up messages and re-directs to all manner of shitey websites. It’s happening on every single page.

Div sort it out it’s totally unusable on mobile. The adverts are violating all semblance of calm.

This. Also, for a couple of weeks now I’ve noticed I have a warning about the website not being secure when using P&B on safari browser.

19 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Looks like we’ll have to hold fire lads, @Div is too busy fixing the things that matter.

I've already responded twice on this thread, it's difficult to know what it is I'm supposed to be fixing?

14 minutes ago, Div said:

I've already responded twice on this thread, it's difficult to know what it is I'm supposed to be fixing?

You haven’t responded at all since the latest series of complaints. The problem had gone away but has now came back multiple times worse.

And as for fixing it you could get rid of all the shitey ads that are causing redirects and pop-up messages on every single page? I gave up yesterday and downloaded an ad blocker to my phone but pity the poor b*****ds that are still putting up with that shite.

22 hours ago, Div said:

The pop-up adverts which make it impossible to read pages on mobile. You get re-directed to these dodgy as f**k sites, and the back button doesn’t work, meaning you have to close your browser and open P&B from the start.

Usually happens within 3 or 4 clicks after opening P&B.

On 6/19/2018 at 10:31, eez-eh said:

You haven’t responded at all since the latest series of complaints. The problem had gone away but has now came back multiple times worse.

And as for fixing it you could get rid of all the shitey ads that are causing redirects and pop-up messages on every single page? I gave up yesterday and downloaded an ad blocker to my phone but pity the poor b*****ds that are still putting up with that shite.

Well, yes, we could easily get rid of all the advertising.

Who would then pay for the hosting Einstein?

13 minutes ago, Div said:

Well, yes, we could easily get rid of all the advertising.

Who would then pay for the hosting Einstein?

You know it’s possible to have ads that don’t make the site unusable, aye?

Right, Div is allowing those ads on purpose cause he’s a c**t’s c**t, aye? You know it’s not that easy to control that sort of thing.

1 minute ago, SweeperDee said:

Right, Div is allowing those ads on purpose cause he’s a c**t’s c**t, aye? You know it’s not that easy to control that sort of thing.

Nah, the problem is that he doesn’t appear to give the slightest of fucks about fixing the issue.

Now get out of Divs arse.

Nah, the problem is that he doesn’t appear to give the slightest of fucks about fixing the issue.
Now get out of Divs arse.

Aye, no bother, I’m well known for jumping to the defence of Div right enough. [emoji23] You’re a dafty mate; you’ve got ad blocker on now, good for you, stop being a torn faced c**t.

11 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I've been using the site on my mobile for the last 30 mins, as a guest, and haven't had a single problem.

Over 60% of all our traffic comes from mobile. We don't have a single support ticket relating to issues on mobile.

There are no adverts at all on the mobile app, which is completely free to download.

Users can contribute to the site running costs and avoid adverts on all platforms for 83 pence a month as a Platinum Subscriber.

Unfortunately bad ads do creep into our ad rotation from time to time and we work with the ad guys to resolve that as quickly as we can, but it helps if we can get a bit more detail on what the problem ads are and what device is being used to access them etc....

4 hours ago, Div said:

I'm not seeing those issues here :huh:

Possibly related to the type of browser being used? I’m not particularly tech-savvy and have no idea why it would affect some people and not others, but dodgy ads are definitely still creeping through. I haven’t had any in today’s brief mobile browse, but for the past week or so it’s been a pain in the arse.

3 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

Aye, no bother, I’m well known for jumping to the defence of Div right enough. emoji23.png You’re a dafty mate; you’ve got ad blocker on now, good for you, stop being a torn faced c**t.

You’re not really known for jumping to the defence of anyone tbf.

3 hours ago, Div said:

I've been using the site on my mobile for the last 30 mins, as a guest, and haven't had a single problem.

Over 60% of all our traffic comes from mobile. We don't have a single support ticket relating to issues on mobile.

There are no adverts at all on the mobile app, which is completely free to download.

Users can contribute to the site running costs and avoid adverts on all platforms for 83 pence a month as a Platinum Subscriber.

Unfortunately bad ads do creep into our ad rotation from time to time and we work with the ad guys to resolve that as quickly as we can, but it helps if we can get a bit more detail on what the problem ads are and what device is being used to access them etc....

The problem was only happening on mobile, using safari on iOS. It was fine on PC but the mobile site was almost unusable.

And it was hard to pinpoint specific ads considering it was happening on near enough every single page.

40 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

You’re not really known for jumping to the defence of anyone tbf.

The problem was only happening on mobile, using safari on iOS. It was fine on PC but the mobile site was almost unusable.

And it was hard to pinpoint specific ads considering it was happening on near enough every single page.

I can't recreate any issues using Safari on iOS. Are you experiencing these problems today?

Archived