Dundee United 2018/2019

4 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Couldn't help noticing you neglected to mention all the trophies you won during those glory years. Something of a bizarre oversight on your part.

Hahaha, the standard of the Dabs comebacks is going in the same direction as your club - yup we've not won much but since you won a cup and came third eight years ago your now finishing 3rd in the league below and looking to sign a whole new team of dross...

&

I thought it was us that was living in the past?

2 hours ago, locheedee said:

You've got me thinking but there's been that many in my life I can't pick just one. Any Dees can feel free to add more but off the top of my head & in no particular order some of my matches (& the seasons they've been part of) would be...

Albert Kidds goal (my first ever match)

Cannigia signing (& then pulling pints in the high corner)

James Grady's goal

Nearly every game in the Deefiant season

Any game featuring Georgie Nemsadze

Watching Sara and Caballero tearing teams apart

Watching Coyne and Wright tearing teams apart

Perugia

The save in the promotion game, along with the derry conga, pitch invasion afterwards

&

Of course the game relegating you dayglo fuds (& all the lols you've given us all since)

images.jpg

This is really quite sad. I’m glad you enjoyed them though. What about the preseason trip to see Crystal Palace? I heard that was right up there.

Just now, chazas_ said:

This is really quite sad. I’m glad you enjoyed them though. What about the preseason trip to see Crystal Palace? I heard that was right up there.

"The best day of my life"

:lol:

3 minutes ago, chazas_ said:

Harsh.

What about the Tully Cup?

16 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Hahaha, the standard of the Dabs comebacks is going in the same direction as your club - yup we've not won much but since you won a cup and came third eight years ago your now finishing 3rd in the league below and looking to sign a whole new team of dross...

&

I thought it was us that was living in the past?

It's not quite Perugia or that time you just finished in the top 6 spending millions of pounds that you didn't have, I grant you, but it'll do for me.

2 hours ago, JP THE DEE said:

Tap to bottom f**king tin pot,went out for mates birthday in Shotz good day/early evening had by all.Left to watch the champions league final some how ended up in the (spit) 4jays/Airlie Arms bye Jesus what a shoitehole.I went along with it no for mine but for people in the company.United photos adoring the walls quite impressed,then I got over the threshhold,f**k I feel dirty.2 junkies 3 older stinking o piss and a barmaid that could do with a good wash/feed.Ask for a pint t o Guinnes got 3/4 tin o Guinnes and a 1/4 o John Smith just laughed and walked out.Moral of the story "what goes around comes around"

Die you Arab f**ks.

giphy.gif.44c17bb9caa490796b46b6d67fa1824c.gifScreenshot_20180523-163216.thumb.jpg.960a21cbde135d9bdea6ace63fd5172e.jpg

3 hours ago, locheedee said:

You've got me thinking but there's been that many in my life I can't pick just one. Any Dees can feel free to add more but off the top of my head & in no particular order some of my matches (& the seasons they've been part of) would be...

Albert Kidds goal (my first ever match)

Cannigia signing (& then pulling pints in the high corner)

James Grady's goal

Nearly every game in the Deefiant season

Any game featuring Georgie Nemsadze

Watching Sara and Caballero tearing teams apart

Watching Coyne and Wright tearing teams apart

Perugia

The save in the promotion game, along with the derry conga, pitch invasion afterwards

&

Of course the game relegating you dayglo fuds (& all the lols you've given us all since)

images.jpg

So basically a goal from a time before gravity was invented then 2 seasons, one of which you spent 20 million to scrape top 6.

And one (1) European tie.

Such a great time to be a Dundee fan right enough.

1 hour ago, thommohawk said:

TBF, I hate Goodwillie and everything that United fans sung, but we had Graham Rix after he was convicted so are hardly ones to be able to condemn. 

I don't think that's right mate. He played for us between '92-93 and was convicted in '99, unless there was another conviction before then that I don't know about. I know Hearts employed him after his jail time. 

Edited by Dee Man

Spot on Biggie.  Third year in the Championship and a certain someone has already admitted he’s not buying a season ticket for Tannadice this season.
Strange thing is when United were the top team in the city he was regularly posting on the Dundee thread.   

What do you mean "were". United ARE and always will be the top team in the city. F.T.D.'83. Ya Derry fannies

11 hours ago, locheedee said:

Quoting shite from the sun and having a historic crowdwank, yeah you guys are really holding the high ground :lol:

All this stuff about 'top team in the city' depends on your perspective.  

If you are basing your opinion on who is the better team, the answer is currently obviously you lot.

If it is based on who is the better supported team in the city; since the 80s and even currently, while we are a league below, the stats clearly show it to be us.

As it is human nature to choose the stats that suit them best, I am going for option 2 and saying we are still the top team.

Feel free to choose your own preferred option.

All this stuff about 'top team in the city' depends on your perspective.  
If you are basing your opinion on who is the better team, the answer is currently obviously you lot.
If it is based on who is the better supported team in the city; since the 80s and even currently, while we are a league below, the stats clearly show it to be us.
As it is human nature to choose the stats that suit them best, I am going for option 2 and saying we are still the top team.
Feel free to choose your own preferred option.
What did people do with their Saturday afternoons prior to the 1980's. Thank God football was inventented then.[emoji57]

3 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I don't think that's right mate. He played for us between '92-93 and was convicted in '99, unless there was another conviction before then that I don't know about. I know Hearts employed him after his jail time. 

Dim Duffy invited Rix to dens to finish his coaching badges after his conviction.

14 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

What did people do with their Saturday afternoons prior to the 1980's. Thank God football was inventented then.emoji57.png

I would expect better from you Bobby.

The point I am making is that you lot can choose to believe you are the bigger club as you are in the league above currently and are also currently the better football team. 

The relevance of the 80s (late 70s to be more precise) is that this was the point when we started winning things and the people of the city responded, making us, by a fair margin the more supported team, which is still the case today.

Because you lot have won f**k all of any significance in about 50 years, the generations who fell in love with your club when you were very decent, are dying out, whilst our mor recent success still bears fruit in terms of current support.

Unless you lot stop being so fucking mediocre (note, I recognise that mediocrity would be a step up for us just now), and as long as we get our act together sometime in the next 5 years or so,  Dundee will not be more popular than United as a club for a long time.

You lot harp on about the here and now all the time.  Here and now, you are better. Here, now and for the past 40 years or so, we have been bigger.

Again, just  my opinion; and at the end of the day very few people outside of Dundee give a f**k tbf.