Dundee United 2018/2019

9 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Seems to me a good bit of business for Dunfermline. Shift three players that weren't good enough for anything other than 4th place last season to other clubs who are for some reason are willing to pay them even more than the pars were last season.  

It's not necessarily good business, and the club did try and keep the players, but it's not the massive 'exodus' or disaster some are making out. Clearly we would have liked to keep the players, but I'm glad the club is being sensible in it's approach and not paying wages outwith the budget.

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's not necessarily good business, and the club did try and keep the players, but it's not the massive 'exodus' or disaster some are making out. Clearly we would have liked to keep the players, but I'm glad the club is being sensible in it's approach and not paying wages outwith the budget.

I was being a tad sarcastic but as I said elsewhere these guys were probably getting what they were worth at the pars and are now being vastly overpaid by United and County. Its similar to the situation you had when sevco were floating about the seaside leagues and paying players like Ian Black 7k a week.  for the players themselves it must be like winning the lottery getting overpaid  considering the level of wages they would normally expect to be getting.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Was Scobbie shite I’m guessing? Thought he’d be decent at this level.

Me also, when he signed I thought a good solid honest player made for this league and a good addition to us the level we were at....... How wrong was I.................[emoji33]

5 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Seems to me a good bit of business for Dunfermline. Shift three players that weren't good enough for anything other than 4th place last season to other clubs who are for some reason are willing to pay them even more than the pars were last season.  

Yes but last season they weren't being coached by a tactical mastermind. 

4 hours ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

How much £££ will a player like Clark be earning at Tannadice, bonuses , sponsorship , basic wage..................?

Hear he is on £7K a week plus £3K goal bonus.

Absolutely disgraceful United are signing players. Shocking.

3 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

No and No

Ciftci also mentioned in that wonderfully sourced article. No.

Morris possibly as he was good to start off with before McNamara ruined him by making him play through injury. Seems to have done well at Dunfermline.

No to the Spanish crock who couldn't get into a clownshoes defence when fit.

If we were having a fire sale we'd be selling players who were under contract.
We've been extremely well run for the past few years and this is continuing, the way the season went brought is in more money than we had budgeted for.
We're simply unwilling to offer player more money than they are worth.

Genuinely pleased to hear this, massive kudos also to Szamo’s Ammo for highlighting what a great bunch of lads the Arabs are.

Just now, PartyFears2 said:

Mind his header in the James McPake Derby

Sent from my iPhone using Pie and Bovril

You mean this one?

Or this one where McPake absolutely beasted him in the air?