Dundee United 2018/2019

I would expect better from you Bobby.
The point I am making is that you lot can choose to believe you are the bigger club as you are in the league above currently and are also currently the better football team. 
The relevance of the 80s (late 70s to be more precise) is that this was the point when we started winning things and the people of the city responded, making us, by a fair margin the more supported team, which is still the case today.
Because you lot have won f**k all of any significance in about 50 years, the generations who fell in love with your club when you were very decent, are dying out, whilst our mor recent success still bears fruit in terms of current support.
 Unless you lot stop being so fucking mediocre (note, I recognise that mediocrity would be a step up for us just now), and as long as we get our act together sometime in the next 5 years or so,  Dundee will not be more popular than United as a club for a long time.
You lot harp on about the here and now all the time.  Here and now, you are better. Here, now and for the past 40 years or so, we have been bigger.
Again, just  my opinion; and at the end of the day very few people outside of Dundee give a f**k tbf.
I do get your point. It's all about opinions, but you say disparingly that " you lot have won f**k all of any significance in about 50 years " (1973) and then talk of the relevance of the 70's ? [emoji57]

3 hours ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

What do you mean "were". United ARE and always will be the top team in the city. F.T.D.'83. Ya Derry fannies

Silly me.  I just assumed the reason a few of the United regulars had stopped posting on the Dundee thread is because Dundee are the top team playing in the top league and United are, well....would saying you are not not very good at the moment be too strong?

If you don’t know who the United regulars  I’m referring to are they tend to be the ones that say Dundee fans are obsessed for posting on the United thread.

Once again, apologies for thinking they no longer post on the Dundee thread due to the current situation at Tannadice.

Came and had a look at this thread to try and get an idea of who Dundee United have kept, released, signed, etc.
What a terrible idea that was.

Well...

apparently Aird and Wardrop are going to be announced after they’re back from their holiday’s , and Sibbald is on trial with us.

Fraser has left and is looking likely to sign for... someone down south. Luton maybe? All we know is that it isn’t Peterborough United.

And Robson, Fyvie and Mehmet have all signed new deals and Nicky Clark has joined on a two year deal.

4 hours ago, MacArab said:

All this stuff about 'top team in the city' depends on your perspective.  

If you are basing your opinion on who is the better team, the answer is currently obviously you lot.

If it is based on who is the better supported team in the city; since the 80s and even currently, while we are a league below, the stats clearly show it to be us.

As it is human nature to choose the stats that suit them best, I am going for option 2 and saying we are still the top team.

Feel free to choose your own preferred option.

3 hours ago, MacArab said:

I would expect better from you Bobby.

The point I am making is that you lot can choose to believe you are the bigger club as you are in the league above currently and are also currently the better football team. 

The relevance of the 80s (late 70s to be more precise) is that this was the point when we started winning things and the people of the city responded, making us, by a fair margin the more supported team, which is still the case today.

Because you lot have won f**k all of any significance in about 50 years, the generations who fell in love with your club when you were very decent, are dying out, whilst our mor recent success still bears fruit in terms of current support.

Unless you lot stop being so fucking mediocre (note, I recognise that mediocrity would be a step up for us just now), and as long as we get our act together sometime in the next 5 years or so,  Dundee will not be more popular than United as a club for a long time.

You lot harp on about the here and now all the time.  Here and now, you are better. Here, now and for the past 40 years or so, we have been bigger.

Again, just  my opinion; and at the end of the day very few people outside of Dundee give a f**k tbf.

Hi MacArab. I was just wondering if you could back up a couple of your statements here:

a) Could you provide the stats clearly showing you as currently being the best supported team in the city.  I hate a crowdwank but I can't allow false assertions to go unchallenged.

b)"...the generations who fell in love with your club when you were very decent, are dying out". 

This is the circle of life m8; all generations die out irrespective of past success. Are you suggesting that new generations aren't coming through to replace them?

c) "You lot harp on about the here and now all the time.  Here and now, you are better. Here, now and for the past 40 years or so, we have been bigger."

What does this even mean and why are you choosing an arbitary time frame?

1 hour ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Well...

apparently Aird and Wardrop are going to be announced after they’re back from their holiday’s , and Sibbald is on trial with us.

Fraser has left and is looking likely to sign for... someone down south. Luton maybe? All we know is that it isn’t Peterborough United.

And Robson, Fyvie and Mehmet have all signed new deals and Nicky Clark has joined on a two year deal.

Is this an attempt to wind-up Falkirk fans or is Sibbald genuinely coming in on trial?!

15 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I don't think that's right mate. He played for us between '92-93 and was convicted in '99, unless there was another conviction before then that I don't know about. I know Hearts employed him after his jail time. 

I've not looked into it, but I remember when he signed that my Dad told me he was dodgy. I assumed he was convicted etc...but maybe not. 

19 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Is this an attempt to wind-up Falkirk fans or is Sibbald genuinely coming in on trial?!

I know why would United bring in a player that plays in the same league as you on trial for fecks sake?  You'll have possibly  played against him 10 times over the past 2 seasons and  should have a member of staff watching falkirk I would think previous to playing them during the course of those seasons.  There's something far wrong if they don't know all about him already.

Edited by Shodwall cat