Dundee United 2018/2019

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's not publicised how many trialists clubs get. It's not something that happens every season without fail. Every club in the country will have held some form of trial like this multiple times over the years. It usually happens just before pre-season training starts, and the best are integrated into that as full trialists. As I say, it's not usually mentioned at all. 

Because they'll get plenty of folk, Dundee fans, reading the article, sharing it amongst each other and others, because they'll find it newsworthy. It's easy to sell news when you've got a group of people who'll swallow any old story in one gulp if it makes their rivals look silly. 

Same media tactics Glasgow firms use between the Bigot Bros. 

That is too logical. 

It appears to have Funsters from Ardler to Australia getting excited so it has had the desired effect as far as DC Thomson is concerned. Probably the most clicks they have had in a while.

8 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

*moot

It's not a mute [sic] point anyway. RG said that "literally every club does it". 

If RG said it then it must be true.

He’s usually very quick to name dates, times, facts and figures etc on just about any topic (cemeteries included).  He’s worked hard for his nickname. ;)

RG seems a bit reluctant to go into any great detail on this subject though.  I wonder why?

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

If RG said it then it must be true.

He’s usually very quick to name dates, times, facts and figures etc on just about any topic (cemeteries included).  He’s worked hard for his nickname. ;)

RG seems a bit reluctant to go into any great detail on this subject though.  I wonder why?

Because no great details exist, because its such a mundane thing nobody ever reports it :lol: you only learn about it if you know people who've been at such things, or organise such things. 

Can't wait for next week's headlines, "Dundee United to spend £100k refurbing Tannadice", a yearly occurance at every club, that'll be met with "HAHA TANNADICE IS CRUMBLING" type chat. 

26 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Does RandomGuy always sword the desperate diddees with such consummate ease? Absolutely delightful.

He seems to know the Funster psyche better than they know themselves.

#45yearsandcounting

Stubbornly reiterating the same boring shite doesn't really count as 'swording' but I guess going by the standard of shite some of you delusional dayglo  fuds have been spouting recently he must seem like some kind of profound wordsmith - enjoy your Clyde style trials, you never know you might find a decent player in amongst the dross

Getting away from the tedious diddee obsession for a moment.

Aird and possibly Sibbald incoming.

I was impressed with Aird in the playoff matches; I thought he was Dunfermline's best player. Done deal.

Sibbald has never stood out when playing Falkirk for me but seems highly rated. Terms agreed with the player but we need to agree a fee with Falkirk as he is under 23. Scobbie being used as a makeweight. Have a feeling he will still be at the Bairns next season.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

6 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Stubbornly reiterating the same boring shite doesn't really count as 'swording' but I guess going by the standard of shite some of you delusional dayglo  fuds have been spouting recently he must seem like some kind of profound wordsmith - enjoy your Clyde style trials, you never know you might find a decent player in amongst the dross

Hopefully. Thanks.

If you ever need proof that some people/families who made a fortune from a business simply struck it lucky, rather than through some incredible acumen then just look at Dundee Utd. Giving that rambling fud Shabba an open chequebook (by Championship standards anyway) to sign run-of-the-mill players). Madness. 

7 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

If you ever need proof that some people/families who made a fortune from a business simply struck it lucky, rather than through some incredible acumen then just look at Dundee Utd. Giving that rambling fud Shabba an open chequebook (by Championship standards anyway) to sign run-of-the-mill players). Madness. 

Christ, that's tenuous. 

I was away from social media yesterday so I've missed some of the finer details but I gather that it has now been decided that clubs are not allowed to have trialists anymore for fear of being labelled as 'tinpot'? If true it is potentially the biggest change to footballing transfers since the Bosman ruling.