Dundee United 2018/2019

Maybe it was Nicky Clark was the jinx in the DA v DU fixtures? Looking forward to not losing to them this season now. But honestly am a little annoyed that a team of similar size/stature has managed to nick another player. Not gutted just annoyed. Fully resigned to Aird making the switch too. Hopefully AJ has some targets lined up as will have freed up some budget at least.

Hmmm.... Slightly off the mark but ok

57 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Makes sense since you don't look like playing anywhere else in the near future.

I find it quite funny that you have "Colt Teams Can GTF" under your avatar when you support what is basically Dundee United's colt team.

5 minutes ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

Talk to any football minded person in any European city and they will know who Dundee United are........mention Dunfermline and the think it's an ointment for getting rid of warts. emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Having been on many a night out to Lourenzo's back in the day, I can confirm that if anything, the opposite is true.

Er...so I heard

1 minute ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

Talk to any football minded person in any European city and they will know who Dundee United are........mention Dunfermline and the think it's an ointment for getting rid of warts. emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Spot on. I was once travelling through a rough area on the outskirts of Yerevan, Armenia where a young street kid shouted "mister where you from?" from a run down, rusty Soviet era play park.

I replied "Scotland. Dundee" and I have never seen such a wide smile before or since. He screamed "Dundee United? Barcelona 4 time? Paul Sturrock? League at Dens?"

With a knowing smile I continued on my way. It still brings a tear to my eye thinking about it.

11 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Spot on. I was once travelling through a rough area on the outskirts of Yerevan, Armenia where a young street kid shouted "mister where you from?" from a run down, rusty Soviet era play park.

I replied "Scotland. Dundee" and I have never seen such a wide smile before or since. He screamed "Dundee United? Barcelona 4 time? Paul Sturrock? League at Dens?"

With a knowing smile I continued on my way. It still brings a tear to my eye thinking about it.

WORLD FUCKING FAMOUS WE ARE! 

8)

ETA, same thing happened to me pretty much, but when I said I was from Dundee, the laddie spat at me and called me a c**t for ripping off his old man and putting him out of business (not once but twice)  over the last 15 years....   

Fucked if I ken what that's about like....

1 hour ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

"Similar size/stature"................are you on fucking drugs ? We are a massive club respected throughout Europe. ........

You're not even respected in the Bowbridge Bar rocket man.

10 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

United seem weirdly desperate to kick up some sort of rivalry with us.

Almost clingy tbh.

We just need some space, we're not really looking for another rival atm xoxo

You need space? You're in our thread, not the other way round. You silly sod.

1 hour ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

Stealing Bairnardo's patter here but I think this is maybe *too* funny? Can a mod confirm?

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I find it quite funny that you have "Colt Teams Can GTF" under your avatar when you support what is basically Dundee United's colt team.

I don't believe you do find that "quite funny" tbh. Unless you're very easily amused.

1 minute ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

You need space? You're in our thread, not the other way round. You silly sod.

The lad does have a point to be fair.

Desperate to establish a rivalry seeing as the big team in Dundee is in the league you can't buy/borrow your way into.

download%20(1).jpeg

33 minutes ago, Piracy said:

The lad does have a point to be fair.

Desperate to establish a rivalry seeing as the big team in Dundee is in the league you can't buy/borrow your way into.

I refer you to my previous answer, fuckwit.

20 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I refer you to my previous answer, fuckwit.

Reference advice being your obvious strong point, irony less so.

Try signing Beg. Steal and Borrow.

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

For the record, on the subject of Nicky Clark, can I just say how much I wholeheartedly agree with all that @Hawk says from now on? Cheers in advance.

You can have a greenie for that, woosh!

Just so I don't disappoint I have a question. Who's gonna give us the most laughs this year, Csaba's shite team and tactics or just Nicky being crap and not having daddy to protect him? :huh: