Dundee United 2018/2019

10 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I don't think he's getting a new contract. Raymondo gave him a two year deal which takes him to the end of 2018-19.

I read somewhere hed been offered an extension. 

I hope to God you are correct.

All these supporters of other clubs coming here saying we're a walking disaster and signing championship guff as if we dont know it.
We've first hand seen Laszlol make a pretty shit team worse by a matter of light years. And hes offered Murdoch, one of the worst players in the whole time we've been in freefall, a new contract. I honestly wouldnt be surprised if we didnt make the playoffs this season. ETA if Laszlo lasts the season. 
I know you guys are loving the fall of Dundee United but there is absolutely nothing you lot can say that could make it worse. Unless its Jackie buying us over and hes bringing Ray in as Director of Football who's extending Csaba's contract another 5 years.
You could sign Billy McKay again . . . [emoji48]

To ease the pain a bit re Murdoch, we nearly made him one of our highest paid players and offered him captaincy to stay(as if being captain makes a difference) he didn't and went south.

He was always one of those players in centre mid you didn't notice and occasionally did, I'm sure he went to right back once or twice for us and was stinking, so was surprised he played a large portion of his games at full back for ur lot.

Is it too early for a poll when csaba will be gone ?

Unfortunately no chance of him continuing his relegation trend with our Dayglo neighbours, he's signed on with County again for next year...

Hope he scores a 93rd minute winner to keep the dabs doon.

10 hours ago, MrDust said:

Two players in two season we lost that came from the the English leagues as last season we really only lost a loan goalie in Rodgers who wasnt playing, McCracken again wasnt playing, McHugh who also wasnt playing, Aird who wasnt playing, Baird who wasnt scoring and played less games and Leahy. The latter is the only one Id say we missed and I still blame last season on Houston for not getting a replacement in for him as that was the confidence and demise of that team there and then.

It will be interesting to see who Utd bring in as they have freed a hell of a lot some of which have been around since top league relegation, something we shouldve done last season instead of giving some our flops one year contracts.

Only two we lost( you could perhaps include peter grant who was also an excellent signing from down south before being destroyed by injuries) but the ones we brought in last season were far better than the dross we signed from other champ sides they replaced and helped us pick up as many points as anyone just about from january onwards.

15 hours ago, MrDust said:

Two players in two season we lost that came from the the English leagues as last season we really only lost a loan goalie in Rodgers who wasnt playing, McCracken again wasnt playing, McHugh who also wasnt playing, Aird who wasnt playing, Baird who wasnt scoring and played less games and Leahy. The latter is the only one Id say we missed and I still blame last season on Houston for not getting a replacement in for him as that was the confidence and demise of that team there and then.

It will be interesting to see who Utd bring in as they have freed a hell of a lot some of which have been around since top league relegation, something we shouldve done last season instead of giving some our flops one year contracts.

Mate, what the f**k are you doing on Pie and Bovril at 2 in the morning?

At the very least you are looking at 8 of the 10 teams who will fancy their chances of at least reaching the playoffs. It is going to be a long, long season (but hopefully an exciting one that ends in success). Good to have Partick though, a couple of their fans seem to have a bizarre hatred of United so I'm sure that will add to the P&B Championship forum.

What are the rumours?

In: Fraser Aird, Nicky Clark, Simon Murray, Tam O'Ware, Sam Wardrop, Sean Byrne (can't see that now with Livi going up)

Out: Tam Scobbie to Falkirk, Billy King to St Johnstone

Will someone please sign Jamie Robson.

Laszlo to a team in eastern Europe please.

10 hours ago, Crawford Baptie said:

When he played with Falkirk his best games were at CM, however that was with Mark Millar (another favourite of you guys) next to him.

He’s an 100% player and trainer but very limited and has been bloody lucky to earn as much as he has up to now.

He's also, by all accounts, a very thoughtful bloke, and a genuinely good guy.  I always thought he could have done a job as a squad player for County.  He started quite a few games for us, all in central midfield, and it was a slight surprise when we let him go.  A solid 6/10 every appearance,  

Just now, Zetterlund said:

Where are the Tam O'Ware rumours coming from? A year ago he was being linked with the Old Firm and Wolves so I assumed he'd move on to bigger things.

Same place as the Billy King to us rumour. A 12 year old with an "agent" account on Twitter

What are the rumours?
In: Fraser Aird, Nicky Clark, Simon Murray, Tam O'Ware, Sam Wardrop, Sean Byrne (can't see that now with Livi going up)
Out: Tam Scobbie to Falkirk, Billy King to St Johnstone
Will someone please sign Jamie Robson.
Laszlo to a team in eastern Europe please.

Scobbie will be nowhere near Falkirk. We are so over that fat waster.

31 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Where are the Tam O'Ware rumours coming from? A year ago he was being linked with the Old Firm and Wolves so I assumed he'd move on to bigger things.

It was reported in the same article that we will "swoop" for O'Ware in the same one that said we were looking to sign Dunfermline "stars" Aird and Clark. I think it was the Tully.

14 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

It was reported in the same article that we will "swoop" for O'Ware in the same one that said we were looking to sign Dunfermline "stars" Aird and Clark. I think it was the Tully.

Is that from money in the war chest?