Dundee United 2018/2019

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Nothing can guarantee promotion out of the Championship, but quite recently the board of Hibs showed the level of commitment necessary to get close to such a guarantee.  And it worked.

They started off by bringing in Neil Lennon; we are sticking with Csaba Laszlo.

I have this awful feeling that the future is Lambert.  Rangers-emulating big name - check.  Morose Scottish c**t - check.  Points per game under 1 - check. 

18 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I still do that now with some of them. Jeremy who?

emoji48.png

Me too, fortunately most of our new 'who the f**k' players come with some pedigree as opposed to the days of the no mark names we had to sign in the old first div... Thank f**k those days are hopefully behind us - couldn't be doing with binning whole teams each season in the hope we'd pull a team together out of the bargain bin of football dross again :whistle

1 minute ago, locheedee said:

Me too, fortunately most of our new 'who the f**k' players come with some pedigree as opposed to the days of the no mark names we had to sign in the old first div... Thank f**k those days are hopefully behind us - couldn't be doing with binning whole teams each season in the hope we'd pull a team together out of the bargain bin of football dross again :whistle

Dundee swoop for French ace!

and .. um, another French ace!! Yay!

2 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Yup still a case of who? - but I'd rather be going for guys like them than fighting Dunfermline and St Mirren for Aird and O'Ware

I'm sure that's right. After all the English 6th tier and Bulgarian 2nd tier are renowned hot beds of footballing talent. You really can't go wrong with those pedigrees.

8 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I'm sure that's right. After all the English 6th tier and Bulgarian 2nd tier are renowned hot beds of footballing talent. You really can't go wrong with those pedigrees.

Lol, I'm not saying they'll be amazing but McCann has scouted them/had them in on trial so he sees something in them & he's done OK so far with Hendry, Caulker and Kamara so I'm looking at them as being potentially decent but more likely lower Premiership standard players

You've got Csaba signing whatever championship players he can get to top up the likes of Toshney and King... We've been there - we signed Toshney ffs!

3 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Lol, I'm not saying they'll be amazing but McCann has scouted them/had them in on trial so he sees something in them & he's done OK so far with Hendry, Caulker and Kamara so I'm looking at them as being potentially decent but more likely lower Premiership standard players

You've got Csaba signing whatever championship players he can get to top up the likes of Toshney and King... We've been there - we signed Toshney ffs!

And now you're signing cunts from the heady heights of Kidderminster Harriers.  You must feel positively dizzy.

2 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

And now you're signing cunts from the heady heights of Kidderminster Harriers.  You must feel positively dizzy.

I'll not lie, it's a gamble but that's what trials and scouting players is all about

The Kidderminster fans have been raving about Elton tbf and saying he deserves the step up - not going to say he's a great signing til I've seen him coz we had the same about Deacon and he's been ok if a bit lacking in a finish but like I said I'd still rather have him than Aird or the 20 Yr old defender that's played one whole season with Dumbarton

Not as much dizzy as dabs when they come on up to the dee page Enjoy the seaside league AGAIN [emoji112][emoji112]

47 minutes ago, Ylf said:

Not as much dizzy as dabs when they come on up to the dee page Enjoy the seaside league AGAIN emoji112.pngemoji112.png

Speaking of which, while you are on.

You c***s are pretty experienced in surviving whole generations in the seaside leagues....

Any tips?

28 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Frankly worrying levels of misunderstanding of the term "seaside league" on this thread and more generally as well.

For clarity, the seaside leagues are the third and fourth tiers.

What would you know about seaside leagues? You weren’t there man.

7632BE07-D917-424A-B470-8F4569063811.jpeg

Speaking of which, while you are on.
You c***s are pretty experienced in surviving whole generations in the seaside leagues....
Any tips?
Not really, sorry

Dees survived it due to the fact that we were born as a Dee. We had no option. As far as Dayglos are concerned you lot chased glory and now cry like bitches due to this.

Try thinking off it this way. Dundee FC are like cotton and dayglos are like nylon. One is natural and the other man made.