Dundee United 2018/2019

Pretty much what I think tbh.
You can only piss with the p***k you have (and we certainly have one of those), so have to make the best of what we are satuck with!!
I’m willing to give the useless fucker the benefit of my time and season ticket money in the blind faith that somehow last season was an anomoly and that next season, with the benefit of the summer window (January is notorious for the recruitment of rejects, outcasts, vagrants and charlatans), Csaba will recruit the players he wants rather than the Shitehawks he was left with, who clearly didn’t adapt well to the change. (And the fact that team talks last for days), and the team will live up to our expectations.
MM is def putting his rep on the line here, let’s hope Csaba repays his faith with results!!! 

The way I'm thinking is, MM like the rest of us knows a turd when he sees one and as a football fan he was bound to have cringed watching some of our performances last term so now that he has power to change things and is STILL steering with the same man at the helm then I am left to believe (hope) that there are big changes imminent behind the scenes , investors ect, that will make sense to us mere mortals in the course of time.................... Or he could just be a p***k in it for the free beer. F.T.D.'83.

12 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Dunno.... you could have a point; on the other hand, we have had 2 seasons where we on paper have a squad full of Premiership players, who have failed to cut in in the fairly brutal competition posed by the Championship.

Could be that putting a team together full of some of the better, well seasoned Championship players, who know the league inside out, could be a winning (and also very importantly.. affordable) strategy.

I’m just glad that indications are that we are getting a team together, and I know who these c***s are that we are signing.

#EmilLyngneveragin

Your squad  had fyvie, keatings, stanton, king,  toshney , murdoch, durnan, mcmullan etc who are all well used to the championship  and still failed miserably.  Your just bringing in more of the same.

Edited by Shodwall cat

6 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Your squad  had fyvie, keatings, stanton, king,  toshney , murdoch, durnan, mcmullan etc who are all well used to the championship  and still failed miserably.  Your just bringing in more of the same.

Why are you complaining about it then? Surely this can only be good for you?

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yup, looks like it so far. Unless there are some higher level players brought in, this will firmly be a 2nd-tier squad.

24 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Hawk is absolutely obsessed with Nicky Clark. To an unhealthy degree.

I can only assume he got the piss taken out of him by Clark while he was at Queens and it's left a massive emotional scar.

8 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Have fun with this chump, he'll be in your thread more the Queens' this season.

Only benefit of losing Clark is losing this creepy weirdo with him.

Time for @Hawk to put the record straight.

How did he hurt you? 

Dunno.... you could have a point; on the other hand, we have had 2 seasons where we on paper have a squad full of Premiership players, who have failed to cut in in the fairly brutal competition posed by the Championship.
Could be that putting a team together full of some of the better, well seasoned Championship players, who know the league inside out, could be a winning (and also very importantly.. affordable) strategy.
I’m just glad that indications are that we are getting a team together, and I know who these c***s are that we are signing.
#EmilLyngneveragin

The Peter Houston method.

It will fail.

27 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The Peter Houston method.

It will fail.

Spot on. We replaced our quality players with jobbers from other championship clubs and look what happened. When u replace the likes of lyle taylor and  will vaulks with players like john baird and  james craigen and the like then the only way certainly isnt up.

3 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Aird, O’Ware and Clark all close to signing.

O’Ware was going to be heading to St Mirren, but due to there manager situation seems we could be persuading him

At least one good thing has come out of our current saga.

Nothing can guarantee promotion out of the Championship, but quite recently the board of Hibs showed the level of commitment necessary to get close to such a guarantee.  And it worked.

They started off by bringing in Neil Lennon; we are sticking with Csaba Laszlo.