Dundee United 2018/2019

1 minute ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

That is a question they always find difficult answering as it means having to acknowledge their club died. :(

Does it all stem from United voting against allowing Sevco to join the league?

Loads of clubs did, although Rangers (R.I.P) voted for Sevco to join the top division, meaning it must be a different team?

2 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Does it all stem from United voting against allowing Sevco to join the league?

Loads of clubs did, although Rangers (R.I.P) voted for Sevco to join the top division, meaning it must be a different team?

One of them would need to answer. Maybe have a look on Rangers Media or something.

From what I can gather it is because Stephen Thompson, at the time of the Rangers death, was vocal in saying it would be unacceptable for a club to cheat to such an extent and then a new tribute act of said club be voted back into the top flight, debt free (LOL) like nothing ever happened. Most other chairman remained silent and, if if wasn't for fan pressure, I reckon a lot of them would have voted Sevco straight in.

Crediting Dundee United going through a bad spell (as happens to every club) to things like "karma" and trying really really really hard to show everyone you are revelling in it (really) is easier than acknowledging you sat back and let your own club die.

10 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Mike Martin's statement on the website saying he is going to improve every aspect of the club. That will be Laszlo away then. 

Let’s hope Csaba is punted.  After all Csaba was an improvement on McKinnon who was an improvement on Mixu who was an improvement on Jackie.

^^^^ This.  If there’s a ‘non-promotion’ clause in his contract he should be gone early next week; if not, and his agent has to get involved, it may take a little longer but should still be done ASSP.

Hand him his personal belongings in a bin bag...That's getting back to doing things the United way, isn't it?

49 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Mike Martin's statement on the website saying he is going to improve every aspect of the club. That will be Laszlo away then. 

In today’s Courier Csaba is staying, according to Csaba.  If Mike Martin doesn’t punt him then he has to explain why he thinks Lazlo is the guy to take the team forward; anything other than a full interview with open questions on any decision to keep him would be complete shitebaggery.

27 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

In today’s Courier Csaba is staying, according to Csaba.  If Mike Martin doesn’t punt him then he has to explain why he thinks Lazlo is the guy to take the team forward; anything other than a full interview with open questions on any decision to keep him would be complete shitebaggery.

Well he said to judge him on his actions so hopefully he has a bit more to say on Monday about what his plans are than a statement with no substance to it. Punting Laszlo needs to be the first move.

3 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Bennett desperately trying to get attention.

Bless!

Thanks for the attention Einstein.

2 hours ago, Adam101 said:

Why are Rangers fans so deliciously obsessed with Dundee United?

Why not?

17 hours ago, jackjarviscraiglang said:

Ha ha ha, you sad f**kers, we never went away and you know it and your bitterness and blind hatred will haunt you until like your corner shop ex chairman, you will cease to exist ha ha ha. Mibbe when Lochee United get to the big league yooz could take their place in the Juniors, if and it’s a big IF yooz still are in existence HA HA HA HA HA HA.

Funnily enough I don't support Dundee United, so it's not skin off my nose if thy stay down or not.

Not the sharpest tool in the box are you.

I'd expect United's decision to charge full price for the 2nd attempt at playing a game at Tannadice after the first match was abandoned due to a waterlogged pitch wasn't something that endeared the Arabs to the Rangers fans.
I think we charged half price for the game and that was including home fans so you actually paid for a game and a half

Laszlo definitely staying. Most of the out of contract players away also guys still in contract for next season who have been asked to find a new club. Thought chairman was only  saying Laszlo was staying as he didn't want to disrupt the play offs. 

2 hours ago, Socceroony said:

Laszlo definitely staying. Most of the out of contract players away also guys still in contract for next season who have been asked to find a new club. Thought chairman was only  saying Laszlo was staying as he didn't want to disrupt the play offs. 

Great news.  He was brought in on a 2 year contract and deserves to be given time to sort out the mess that is Dundee United. :lol:

Great news.  He was brought in on a 2 year contract and deserves to be given time to sort out the mess that is Dundee United. :lol:

I do believe after the terrible managers you appointed, years in the second tier, administrations, Dundee do have a bit if a hard neck gloating at Utd