New Fixture Secretary Post

Brig O'Lea

13 minutes ago, sweep said:

Well thank you very much for the confidence shown in me . First piece of advice.  Let the man who has never trodden on doggie poo take the applications for FS.   Secondly people who live in Stonehouse should not throw glasses

Above all though,never give a sword to a man who can't dance.   :huh:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After an early chat I can confirm that both myself and Kennie will be standing for the fixtures secretary position and also as far as we are aware our previous applications for the general secretary position still stand so we will both contest the two positions.

That makes sense, after all you were both willing to do the General Secretary role while it included the fixtures, so I see no reason why both of you should not apply for both new positions, as it is effectively what you wanted to do anyway.

Having just logged into P&B after the weekend I could not believe  the proposal that I was reading - 3 secretaries for 64 clubs - please tell me that the West Management Committee is having a laugh.

1)  Who's paying for 3 secretaries - The Clubs

2) Who needs 3 secretaries - Certainly not the clubs

3)Who is totally incapable of doing their job - The General Secretary

Any member of the West Management Committee who agreed with this proposal should immediately consider their positions and resign, with immediate effect, as they are totally spineless in standing up to a General Secretary who is clearly trying to save himself and to hell with the interests of Junior Football.

I would like to think that all clubs will instruct their delegates to unanimously reject this proposal,  at the AGM, and vote in people who have Junior Football's interests at heart and not their own.

Before all the General Secretary's bodyguard s come on complaining that it is only the fixtures that he cannot handle - please stop kidding yourselves as he is totally incompetent. 

Farce of an organisation [emoji2]. And people wonder why it’s on its arse - total self preservation, how people can’t see this I have no idea. Get a properly run west of Scotland league up and running and it will benefit not only the clubs, but the non league game as a whole as well.

46 minutes ago, geo87 said:

Farce of an organisation emoji2.png. And people wonder why it’s on its arse - total self preservation, how people can’t see this I have no idea. Get a properly run west of Scotland league up and running and it will benefit not only the clubs, but the non league game as a whole as well.

Oh we see it alright, it was the first thing everybody I know said when they saw the announcement.

I seem to be in a minority of one here, but I actually think this is a good move forward.

We can debate how and why it has come about til the cows come home, but I think we can all agree 99% of any criticism directed at Scott Robertson has been relating to fixtures. If he is standing for re-election as General Secretary and a new Fixtures Secretary is appointed, is that not a step towards addressing that criticism? Is it also not a good thing that any potential new FS will be sitting alongside experience and can lean on that?

Wish this had come out sooner, but that doesn’t stop it being a good idea.

No because he’s 82 yr old and has run roughshod over this region for years and should be nowhere near a position of authority it’s a move to try and keep him in a job it just stinks whatever way you sugarcoat it they stumble from one disaster to another it’s laughable that a guy his age still involved

After an early chat I can confirm that both myself and Kennie will be standing for the fixtures secretary position and also as far as we are aware our previous applications for the general secretary position still stand so we will both contest the two positions.
Hopefully the clubs will see sense and vote you both in.

Having just logged into P&B after the weekend I could not believe  the proposal that I was reading - 3 secretaries for 64 clubs - please tell me that the West Management Committee is having a laugh.
1)  Who's paying for 3 secretaries - The Clubs
2) Who needs 3 secretaries - Certainly not the clubs
3)Who is totally incapable of doing their job - The General Secretary
Any member of the West Management Committee who agreed with this proposal should immediately consider their positions and resign, with immediate effect, as they are totally spineless in standing up to a General Secretary who is clearly trying to save himself and to hell with the interests of Junior Football.
I would like to think that all clubs will instruct their delegates to unanimously reject this proposal,  at the AGM, and vote in people who have Junior Football's interests at heart and not their own.
Before all the General Secretary's bodyguard s come on complaining that it is only the fixtures that he cannot handle - please stop kidding yourselves as he is totally incompetent. 

You’ll be in hiding soon as the main proposer to this is very close to home lol

12 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

You’ll be in hiding soon as the main proposer to this is very close to home lol

Close to home or not I reiterate they should seriously consider their position or stand up to the General Secretary and not try to find ways of keeping him in the job.

Close to home or not I reiterate they should seriously consider their position or stand up to the General Secretary and not try to find ways of keeping him in the job.

You should maybe have a chat with our man & he will explain the reasoning behind the decision ?

23 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

You should maybe have a chat with our man & he will explain the reasoning behind the decision ?

Why don't you enlighten us all then, if there actually is a reason other than what is being suggested.

Or is it a case of - "I know something you don't know, doo dah, doo dah, I know something you don't know, doo dah doo dah day."

Why don't you enlighten us all then, if there actually is a reason other than what is being suggested.
Or is it a case of - "I know something you don't know, doo dah, doo dah, I know something you don't know, doo dah doo dah day."

Not at all . I’ve not spoken to our man on the west region . Just suggesting to Holmhead if he’s that bothered then have a chat instead of expressing himself here & get it straight from the horses mouth . Quite simple really don’t you think?

3 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

Not at all . I’ve not spoken to our man on the west region . Just suggesting to Holmhead if he’s that bothered then have a chat instead of expressing himself here & get it straight from the horses mouth . Quite simple really don’t you think?

So you still don't wish to reveal what you know. Preferring instead to keep it a secret

A prime example of some of what's wrong in our game.

Archived