New Fixture Secretary Post

Brig O'Lea

6 minutes ago, archieb said:

True but see below.

I don't believe that it does.

Page 6 Rule 6 (Management Committee) reads:

"6. The Management Committee of the Region will have the powers to add to the Rules as they from time to time may deem expedient, provided they do not annul or conflict with any Rule adopted or defeated proposal at the Annual General Meeting. In the event of an alteration to the Constitution and Rules of the Region notice of the proposed alterations must be sent in writing to the Secretary of the Region on or before 30th April. Alterations require a majority of those present and eligible to vote at such meetings."

So the MC has powers to add to the rules (e.g. to create a new neutral Office Bearer position) as long as that does not conflict with an AGM resolution.

It is unclear whether such a change needs to be rubber-stamped at the NEXT AGM but that would seem to be a logical consequence.

In any case this will have been discussed and, presumably, minuted by the MC well in advance of the date of today's announcement and so this will no doubt constitute the requirement to notify the General Secretary.

Does this not annul that Scott Robertson was voted in as regional and fixture Secretary at the last AGM

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

"Applications for this position to be submitted to J Fyfe........"

This doesn't read like it is going to be the decision of clubs. 

Nonsense.

What would you expect the ad to say?

Closing date for applications is 31st May

The West Region AGM is on 26th June (when ALL post holders for 2018-19 including this new one will be voted in by the delegates)

It seems to me that they're trying to keep Mr Robertson in a job, while reducing his burden by taking the fixtures off him. I'm not qualified to comment on Mr Robertson's ability to carry out the other tasks of the current General Secretary role, so perhaps this is a good move by the Region. Time will tell.

1 minute ago, Kennie said:

I really don't know what to make of this.

Actually I do, but I'm finding it hard to believe, but then again maybe I'm not. 

Question is why?

To stop you or any other becoming secretary

2 minutes ago, the rambler said:

Looks likely that SR will fulfill the General Secretary role and an applicant(s) will be voted in by the Member Clubs.

Presumably the payment for the combined role will now be apportioned between the 2 roles.

Only if HE is voted in ahead of Kennie or Robert!

2 minutes ago, archieb said:

Only if HE is voted in ahead of Kennie or Robert!

Archie please reply to my previous post re annul  Scott Robertson being proposed and voted in at last AGM

2 minutes ago, sweep said:

Archie please reply to my previous post re annul  Scott Robertson being proposed and voted in at last AGM

It doesn't annul anything as long as the new Fixture Secretary is not appointed till the AGM, which is what I expect to happen.

1 minute ago, archieb said:

It doesn't annul anything as long as the new Fixture Secretary is not appointed till the AGM, which is what I expect to happen.

Yes it does it annuls the fact that Scott Robertson was elected at the AGM with responsibilities of fixtures

2 minutes ago, sweep said:

Yes it does it annuls the fact that Scott Robertson was elected at the AGM with responsibilities of fixtures

The GS is elected at one AGM to serve until the next one.

IF the MC appoints a new Fixtures Secretary BEFORE 23rd June you will have a point of sorts.

How does it stink? Applications are invited for Fixture Secretary. If anyone wants to stand for General Secretary they can submit an application too and will be voted on by Member Clubs.

If Clubs arent happy with the new position they can submit a proposal to revert to the status quo.

How does it stink? Applications are invited for Fixture Secretary. If anyone wants to stand for General Secretary they can submit an application too and will be voted on by Member Clubs.
If Clubs arent happy with the new position they can submit a proposal to revert to the status quo.

Are you blind?

Archived