Barbers

Ylf

Not really a distinction here between barbers and hairdressers, pretty much everywhere is unisex and charges a fortune. Last couple of years however has seen a huge increase in the number of Turkish Barbershops. Last couple of haircuts have seen me abandon the wee woman near my work who does a great job but charges 60chf for the Turkish barber near the house who charges 20chf for a competent enough result.

2 hours ago, Dele said:

Used to be Smartguys but since they moved I've found myself going to Raf's in Stobbie. 

Skinfade. £15, £3 of which is a tip. 

I went there a couple of times, thought he was shite tbh. Kept trying to take pictures as well to post on his Facebook site.

My missus is the manager of a hairdressers and last week asked if I'd model for one of her juniors' final assessment - worst mistake of my life, I got absolutely butchered. She made a really good job of the cut, it's just that it's going to take about 4 weeks to grow to the length that I would've liked her to have trimmed it to.

Never again.

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I went there a couple of times, thought he was shite tbh. Kept trying to take pictures as well to post on his Facebook site.

Raf or Smartguys? 

Smartguys was a decent enough cut and a good laugh. Raf is alright, doesn't speak much though. 

1 hour ago, Dele said:

Raf or Smartguys? 

Smartguys was a decent enough cut and a good laugh. Raf is alright, doesn't speak much though. 

Rafs, Polish boy is he not? When I got my haircut in Dundee I used to go to either Hard Grind or Benjamin Barker but I didn’t like how it was a bit of a lottery with who you got - some of them were dead good, some quite poor, and so was never consistent.

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

My missus is the manager of a hairdressers and last week asked if I'd model for one of her juniors' final assessment - worst mistake of my life, I got absolutely butchered. She made a really good job of the cut, it's just that it's going to take about 4 weeks to grow to the length that I would've liked her to have trimmed it to.

Never again.

Just now, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Rafs, Polish boy is he not? When I got my haircut in Dundee I used to go to either Hard Grind or Benjamin Barker but I didn’t like how it was a bit of a lottery with who you got - some of them were dead good, some quite poor, and so was never consistent.

Hard Grind is a fucking rip off and as you say - mostly poor. 

Yeah Raf is Polish, one day he can pay too much attention and give you an amazing cut (taking 45 minutes in the process) other days he can't be bothered, won't utter a word and you'll be out in 10 minutes. 

Used to go to a chain place called First Choice Haircutters, more of a hairdressers than a barbers but it was still first come first serve so was a fucking lottery, most of the people there did a reasonable job but there was one woman from Trinidad who was awful and a Ukrainian woman who I'm sure was ex Red Army, she cut my hair in 5 minutes and always gave me a fringe that made me look like one of the Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs, my missus would end up having to fix it for me. 

After one too many shite haircuts I decided to give the wee barbers across the street from there a go, a place run by an Albanian father and son, only time I've had a bad haircut there was when the father was back in Albania and an old Italian guy they had in decided he'd give me the haircut he wanted rather than the one I wanted. It used to cost $25 so I'd hand over $30 and we'd go through the wee pantomime of the barber halfheartedly offering me $5 change back and me waving it off. It was recently raised to $28, meaning handing over $35 and asking for a toonie back, worth it though. 

55 minutes ago, Torpar said:

Used to go to a chain place called First Choice Haircutters, more of a hairdressers than a barbers but it was still first come first serve so was a fucking lottery, most of the people there did a reasonable job but there was one woman from Trinidad who was awful and a Ukrainian woman who I'm sure was ex Red Army, she cut my hair in 5 minutes and always gave me a fringe that made me look like one of the Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs, my missus would end up having to fix it for me. 

After one too many shite haircuts I decided to give the wee barbers across the street from there a go, a place run by an Albanian father and son, only time I've had a bad haircut there was when the father was back in Albania and an old Italian guy they had in decided he'd give me the haircut he wanted rather than the one I wanted. It used to cost $25 so I'd hand over $30 and we'd go through the wee pantomime of the barber halfheartedly offering me $5 change back and me waving it off. It was recently raised to $28, meaning handing over $35 and asking for a toonie back, worth it though. 

^^^Viktor Sayenko

£7.00 for a nr 1 all over  (head and beard). Get my haircut and beard trimmed every 4 weeks or so. I could go 2 months before my hair would need cut but there is a point around the 5 week mark where my beard goes from "maybe could do with a trip to the barbers" to full blown "mountain man". 

I try to get the same lassie every time, but they are all very good.