Barbers

Ylf

4 hours ago, rodallegabombs said:

Just do myself with a zero once a week.

Bit harsh. Doubt she thinks you're Brad Pitt either.

I get an old work colleague over for a Number Two once a month, although my last cut was at a barber in Arizona. He started by asking if I'd had it "Russian style" before, and assured me that it would be an experience I'd never forget. Here we are more than a month later and, by jingo, he certainly wasn't wrong.

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Going a bit yer da here but I'm surprised to see so much love for Turkish barbers tbh. Any one I've went to has been a pish haircut.

With you there. Went for a simple grade 2, tapered at the back in Aberdeen and this bird, without asking, shoved molten wax up my nostrils. Said sorry but her boss said it was compulsory. f**k that. Did breathe a bit more freely for a few minutes after the shock wore off I suppose.

Turkish barber that is an airdrie club sponsor.

0 at the sides and back, 3 at the top, bears shaped and trimmed, ears and nose waxed. Every 2 weeks. Comes to £16. I give him a score.

So I pay £40 a month on my hair when I basically have none. If I could be arsed I’d go to Argos and buy a beard trimmer,clipper.

1 hour ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Turkish barber that is an airdrie club sponsor.

0 at the sides and back, 3 at the top, bears shaped and trimmed, ears and nose waxed. Every 2 weeks. Comes to £16. I give him a score.

So I pay £40 a month on my hair when I basically have none. If I could be arsed I’d go to Argos and buy a beard trimmer,clipper.

31cc7c2b5c942c4da5f5d112083cc867.jpg

10 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Bit harsh. Doubt she thinks you're Brad Pitt either.

I get an old work colleague over for a Number Two once a month, although my last cut was at a barber in Arizona. He started by asking if I'd had it "Russian style" before, and assured me that it would be an experience I'd never forget. Here we are more than a month later and, by jingo, he certainly wasn't wrong.

Is your arse still sore

Bishopbriggs Barber(near the train station). 6 girls rotate, 5 of them give a decent haircut, 1 doesn't. It's like Russian roulette waiting to see if you'll end up with the shit hairdresser. Haven't worked up the courage to refuse when it does happen......What is barber etiquette in these circumstances? .Oh,  £9 for a 2 at sides cut short on top.

2 hours ago, rodallegabombs said:

You may have wooshed me.....

But I'm intrigued so please elaborate.

After the trim, he wrapped a hot towel around my head like a turban, then strapped on some kind of vibrating glove mechanism, and gave me an upper body massage while we waited for my head to melt (or something). Then the towel came off, and he whirled a cut-throat razor around my hairline with alarming speed. He also offered to attack my nose/ear hair with what looked suspiciously like a little blowtorch. I demurred, to which he said that I "must not want to look too sexy for the in-laws". He wasn't wrong TBF.

Looking forward to questioning my usual hairdresser about the absence of vibrating tools in our sessions.

After the trim, he wrapped a hot towel around my head like a turban, then strapped on some kind of vibrating glove mechanism, and gave me an upper body massage while we waited for my head to melt (or something). Then the towel came off, and he whirled a cut-throat razor around my hairline with alarming speed. He also offered to attack my nose/ear hair with what looked suspiciously like a little blowtorch. I demurred, to which he said that I "must not want to look too sexy for the in-laws". He wasn't wrong TBF.
Looking forward to questioning my usual hairdresser about the absence of vibrating tools in our sessions.
theres no such thing as a simple hair cut these days. i was concerned the forst time my barber introduced fire. i think id shit myself if a vibrating utensil came into play!

On 5/11/2018 at 22:02, NorthernLights said:

Barbers Pole on King Street in Aberdeen, should be £8.50 but I just round it to £10.  A number 4 all over.

I used to go there until one of the lassies had a massive fight with her enormous boyfriend who then proceeded to stand behind my chair glaring at me in the mirror as she went back to cutting my hair. 

I will still get my hair cut when I head up to Inverness for an ICT game. Usually try and squeeze in a trip to For Men Only. Short back and sides is £10 and the folk there are pretty good fun to chat with. If not I head to Sink and Anchor on the Grassmarket for the same thing (£20). Bit more of a hipster barbers (beer , PS4 etc on offer) but again the staff are pretty good when you are in there.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

I used to go there until one of the lassies had a massive fight with her enormous boyfriend who then proceeded to stand behind my chair glaring at me in the mirror as she went back to cutting my hair. 

I will still get my hair cut when I head up to Inverness for an ICT game. Usually try and squeeze in a trip to For Men Only. Short back and sides is £10 and the folk there are pretty good fun to chat with. If not I head to Sink and Anchor on the Grassmarket for the same thing (£20). Bit more of a hipster barbers (beer , PS4 etc on offer) but again the staff are pretty good when you are in there.

Arcade Barbers in Victoria Market or a Polish place on Greig Street. Both £8 I think. 

mon1.thumb.JPG.b9330869c810d6fef70104ee1b3d2d41.JPG

• 1 year later...

Nowadays there are no decent barbers in my area, though I still visit a nearest hair salon to trim my scalp. I'm doing all the beard grooming myself, by the way, who's using any beard oils balms here? My skin gets extra dry each winter and I decided to try some moisturizers as mentioned here, maybe based on argan oil. It is said here https://www.wikihow.com/Use-Beard-Balm that using these balms should be included in my morning routine.