Kieran Tierney

The record transfer fee for a player from outside the Big Five European leagues (England, Germany, Italy, Spain and France) is the £48.6m that Barcelona paid Santos for Neymar.  The next two are when Shanghaibought Hulk from Zenit St Petersberg for £46m and Jingsau buying Alex Texiera for £42.5m.

27 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

If clubs think he's worth £30m as a player then they'll pay that, regardless of what league he plays in.  This is obviously particularly true if there's a bidding war, which it certainly appears like there is going to be.  I think Celtic could easily end up getting something in that region.

But isn't it a bit chicken and egg?  Will they believe he's worth that (partly) because of the league he plays in?  Splitting hairs of course.

Personally I'd agree with you.  If he does go, he should go for a lot of money.  Just don't think you can really say "x went for 50 million in the EPL, Tierney should go for y"

He's handled himself fine in the Champions League and (mainly out of position) in international football.  I think there is a certain extent to which an "eye test" applies too - sometimes, as in Tierney's case, a player stands out as exceptional regardless of the level he's playing at.

Tierney a fantastic player no doubt about it and the sky’s the limit what he could achieve. but 30 million seems pricey for a player only proven in Scotland. ( didn’t play that well in champions league in my opinion) Celtic as a club are run brilliantly and they are brilliant at inflating transfer fees - seem to remember didier Agathe, price tag being 20 million and sure kayal was tipped for a 12 million move before moving to the championship. Then there’s Gary hopper and iziaguirre and his 15 million move to Arsenal. Dembele 30 million? As per previous post clubs reluctant to spent that sort of money for a player who is playing at a low level like the Scottish league and a risk to judge over 6 champions league games a season.

You have to wonder if the fee that Liverpool paid for Van Dijk will be a factor in any fee. People were saying then that the fee Southampton paid was absolute top dollar for a player from Scotland, but the new TV deal kicking in plus the profit Southampton made might mean clubs see signing players from Scotland as a bit less risky and worthy of a higher fee as a result.

Not heard the Michael Stewart interview referred to above. In what way does he come across as a welt? Any time I have seen/read an interview with him he seems to come across as fairly typical for a boy his age, albeit fairly focused professionally.

Do you want to have a bet that Tierney doesn’t play 100 games for “one of the top clubs in the world” in his career?

You can even choose the clubs you put in that bracket if you want.

Absolutely.  Easiest win ever.

Go on then . Name the clubs you consider the best in the world.

2 hours ago, Ross. said:

You have to wonder if the fee that Liverpool paid for Van Dijk will be a factor in any fee. People were saying then that the fee Southampton paid was absolute top dollar for a player from Scotland, but the new TV deal kicking in plus the profit Southampton made might mean clubs see signing players from Scotland as a bit less risky and worthy of a higher fee as a result.

Not heard the Michael Stewart interview referred to above. In what way does he come across as a welt? Any time I have seen/read an interview with him he seems to come across as fairly typical for a boy his age, albeit fairly focused professionally.

"I just love playing for my local team" plus assorted fawning over him similar to the Tom English/Scott Brown affair, although in this case with the excuse that he's young.

And @Gordopolis, really?

"I just love playing for my local team" plus assorted fawning over him similar to the Tom English/Scott Brown affair, although in this case with the excuse that he's young.
And [mention=24974]Gordopolis[/mention], really?
Genuinely never heard that expression before

On 5/17/2018 at 21:37, Miguel Sanchez said:

Listening to him being interviewed by Michael Stewart on Sportsound right now. The boy's an absolute welt, and the sooner he leaves Celtic the better.

It was an absolute embarrassment from both parties, although perhaps Tierney gets the benefit of the doubt because he could only answer the mindless banalities he was asked.

"So Keiran, you've said often you want to stay at Celtic for life, can you explain why Celtic are the greatest team in all the land?"   It was a puff piece for Celtic fans who read the Daily Record for hard hitting foreign affairs coverage.

On 18/05/2018 at 17:43, Miguel Sanchez said:

And @Gordopolis, really?

He's from Motherwell :lol:

The boy's an absolute twat. By this point I'm more invested in either his career going downhill or him mugging Celtic off than I am him developing for Scotland tbh.

• 1 month later...

Saw this shocking headline a bit further down the page as well.

IMG_1530612339.475947.jpg.2c6d1c5fb1007facfc8a1c3f226a3a29.jpg

Rumours only on this thread please, keep the stone cold hard facts for anything involving Pep!!!

Ok, if the 16 hour old Everton article is not recent enough, how about the Wolves one???
It's only from 4 hours ago!!!
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/02/kieran-tierney-could-be-perfect-fit-for-wolverhampton-wanderers/