P&B Hospital

12 hours ago, Dee Man said:

The pins and needles and electric shock sensations are symptomatic of a trapped nerve. 

Yeah, I suspected that. I was told to do the exercises for a couple of weeks and phone back, so Im due to do that soon

10 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
10 hours ago, Mr X said:
Other Half. It's mumsnet pish and bannings will definitely be coming if it keeps up on here

Dont act hard about mumsnet now.

Why? Whats the worst that can happen?

Got a I.C.D. in a few weeks ago. 

Sounds like one of those bombs terrorists use but it's called an Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator. 

The theory is if my heart fails it restarts it.

So if I wake up one day laying on the floor it has worked. 

If not ......

After years of pain in my joints after exercise (my knees in particular) and getting so bad I was waking up in the night with pain, I decided to go to the doctor. Turns out I have patella alta which means the kneecap sits higher than normal. After referral to Rheumatology to rule out arthritis, they discovered I have hypermobility syndrome; which in layman's terms is bendy joints. The lassie was really good and explained it in great detail. She said that basically it makes me more flexible but because my muscles are being used for more than their intended purpose my joints are effectively 10 years older, which is a bit of a shitter.

I'm awaiting my physio appointment. It's pretty shit news overall but I was so happy there is a physical abnormality because I always knew the pain I suffer after and during exercise couldn't possibly be normal.

On 10/05/2018 at 21:28, ICTChris said:

After three days I decided to go to casualty but when I was in the shower the scab on the abscess basically disintegrated and all the pus oozed out, it’s the single most disgusting thing I’ve ever had happen to me, some amount of pus in it and it absolutely stank.

A few months ago I had a huge abscess on the underside of my jaw which made it impossible to either turn my head or eat food for about two weeks, and even drinking water was an awkward and painful process. I looked like a cross between Rocky Dennis and the Machinist.

I had a little ulcer thing (I believe the medical term is fistula) develop below my tongue, and one night in bed I woke up to half a gob-full of pishy, metallic gunk in my mouth - the pus had leaked into my mouth through the ulcer. Felt like having a rotten egg cracked into my throat. 

16 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

After years of pain in my joints after exercise (my knees in particular) and getting so bad I was waking up in the night with pain, I decided to go to the doctor. Turns out I have patella alta which means the kneecap sits higher than normal. After referral to Rheumatology to rule out arthritis, they discovered I have hypermobility syndrome; which in layman's terms is bendy joints. The lassie was really good and explained it in great detail. She said that basically it makes me more flexible but because my muscles are being used for more than their intended purpose my joints are effectively 10 years older, which is a bit of a shitter.

I'm awaiting my physio appointment. It's pretty shit news overall but I was so happy there is a physical abnormality because I always knew the pain I suffer after and during exercise couldn't possibly be normal.

^^^

images.jpg

Seriously, have you tried Yoga?

Seriously, have you tried Yoga?

No. I'm kind of on hold just now until I speak with the physio. I've done very little exercise in the last 3 months or so and that's what I was explaining to the doctors; when I exercise I'm in agony but when I don't, I put on weight and obviously that's more strain on the joints. I'm starting to control my eating now and have an exercise bike I try and use as often as I can. When I shift some weight I'll see if yoga is helpful.

I think just keeping going as much as I can is best, unless it's at its most debilitating and I can't move at all. It tends to improve over the day, provided I can get going in the first place! 

I went to osteopath as I get a numb lower leg, a shooting pain and my calf seizes and my back gets stiff after a while of sitting and walking, annoyingly.

Helped a bunch, but I wasn’t able to continue for enough sessions to clear it up. My posture’s awful at the moment, but I can at least stand up properly without leaning over like a humpback. The seizing has gone completely.

Impinged nerves are incredibly common, I’ve learned.

No. I'm kind of on hold just now until I speak with the physio. I've done very little exercise in the last 3 months or so and that's what I was explaining to the doctors; when I exercise I'm in agony but when I don't, I put on weight and obviously that's more strain on the joints. I'm starting to control my eating now and have an exercise bike I try and use as often as I can. When I shift some weight I'll see if yoga is helpful.

Cool, I understand, best taking advice from the pro's let's say. However, this seems very much what my sister suffers from, mainly in the lower back and hips. Had it from her late teens. She was over visiting me a few years ago and my wife introduce her to relaxing Yoga, just stretching and so forth, no crazy moves or poses like a Indian Guru. Really helps her, she can do this at home on her own time. Help her alot. Ask your physio...

ETA. My Sister was prescribed pain killers for over 25 years. That was all she received from the doctor/physio. She hardly takes anything now. She still takes medication, but nothing like she used to do.

Remember also, well when I was I last in Scotland, it may have changed, good old Easter medication was frowned on. Times may have changed.

Good Luck

17 hours ago, AMMjag said:

A few months ago I had a huge abscess on the underside of my jaw which made it impossible to either turn my head or eat food for about two weeks, and even drinking water was an awkward and painful process. I looked like a cross between Rocky Dennis and the Machinist.

I had a little ulcer thing (I believe the medical term is fistula) develop below my tongue, and one night in bed I woke up to half a gob-full of pishy, metallic gunk in my mouth - the pus had leaked into my mouth through the ulcer. Felt like having a rotten egg cracked into my throat. 

imgur_reaction.gif.6f95787fbec11e8c929655fba9c1d098.gif

Don't you do quite a bit of walking on the trains ( I'm sure you said before you work on trains)?

Mainly two carriages on this line so I'd be lying if I said I did loads of walking tbh.