Lowland League Supporters' Team of the Season

MichaelJayPark

A wee something from Ronan Alexander, one of the slfl.co.uk team (whose account is still awaiting approval).

Hi folks, I’ve had an idea to make a Fans Lowland League Team of the Season.

How it’ll work is I’ll come up with 4 candidates for each position, using this thread to help guide our thinking. Then we'll create a twitter poll for each position on the Lowland League twitter feed, and the most votes wins.

I’ll take your suggestions, if you give me a little reason why or a statistic to help, along with my own research, to come up with the candidates. Hope you like the sound of it and will appreciate any feedback or tips to make it better. The final team will be revealed toward the end of May.

Hope you're all up for getting involved and thanks for all your support this season! 

Michael

(Sorry - accidentally titled the thread player of the season originally. It's been a long day)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, based on the teams I've been able to see semi-regularly this season, it'd be...

GK: Ryan Marshall (BSC)
DEF: Connor Greene (East Stirlingshire)
DEF: Kyle Fee (Civil Service Strollers)
DEF: Andy Grant (East Stirlingshire)
DEF:  Craig Stevenson (Spartans)
MID: David Maskrey (Edinburgh Uni)
MID: Stevie Murray (BSC)
MID: Dale Baxter (Selkirk)
MID: Jamie Dishington (Spartans)
FWD: Sean Brown (Cumbernauld Colts)
FWD: Jack Smith (BSC)

Obviously I see BSC every week so I'm more inclined to put those guys in - before we get into claims of wild bias (mea culpa), but the others have all really impressed me when I've seen them. Notable mentions to Ross McNeil & Kieran Gibbons (EK), David Banjo & Daryl Healy (Selkirk), Andy Rodgers & Paul Sludden (Shire), Ross Jardine (Whitehill), Lewis Bonar (UoS) who also impressed me.

Who makes your team?

Can't argue with any of these choices. How about a Manager for team of the season? My vote would go to Stephen Swift. He's taken BSC from mid table mediocrity to a top 3 finish in one season, add to that 2 cup finals and a cup semi and with one of those finals still to come a chance to finish the season with some silverware. Not a bad introduction to the Lowland League.

16 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Can't argue with any of these choices. How about a Manager for team of the season? My vote would go to Stephen Swift. He's taken BSC from mid table mediocrity to a top 3 finish in one season, add to that 2 cup finals and a cup semi and with one of those finals still to come a chance to finish the season with some silverware. Not a bad introduction to the Lowland League.

Moaning git of the year 

Swift and his baldy side kick are the worst since Lauchlan departed East Kilbride 

1 hour ago, Leonidas said:

Moaning git of the year 

Swift and his baldy side kick are the worst since Lauchlan departed East Kilbride 

You see a moaning git. I see a winning mentality.  You are right though. His sidekick is bald.

On 10/05/2018 at 16:47, MichaelJayPark said:

For me, based on the teams I've been able to see semi-regularly this season, it'd be...

GK: Ryan Marshall (BSC)
DEF: Connor Greene (East Stirlingshire)
DEF: Kyle Fee (Civil Service Strollers)
DEF: Andy Grant (East Stirlingshire)
DEF:  Craig Stevenson (Spartans)
MID: David Maskrey (Edinburgh Uni)
MID: Stevie Murray (BSC)
MID: Dale Baxter (Selkirk)
MID: Jamie Dishington (Spartans)
FWD: Sean Brown (Cumbernauld Colts)
FWD: Jack Smith (BSC)

Obviously I see BSC every week so I'm more inclined to put those guys in - before we get into claims of wild bias (mea culpa), but the others have all really impressed me when I've seen them. Notable mentions to Ross McNeil & Kieran Gibbons (EK), David Banjo & Daryl Healy (Selkirk), Andy Rodgers & Paul Sludden (Shire), Ross Jardine (Whitehill), Lewis Bonar (UoS) who also impressed me.

Who makes your team?

Gk: Carswell (spartans)

def: Cumbernauld rb?  

Def: Russell (ek)

Def: young ek centre half?

Def: Tolmie (spartans)

mid: Murray (bsc)

mid: Gibbons(ek) 

mid: Greenhill(spartans)

mid: strachan (ek)

mid: Ramsay (ek)

fwd: Smith (bsc)

Barry Russell? He's been fuckin useless [emoji28] [emoji28] [emoji28] [emoji28] [emoji28] [emoji28] [emoji28] [emoji28] [emoji28] [emoji28] [emoji28] [emoji28] [emoji28] [emoji28] [emoji28] [emoji28] [emoji28] [emoji28] [emoji28] [emoji28] [emoji28] [emoji28] [emoji28] [emoji28] [emoji28]

2 hours ago, fowler23 said:

Ramsay from EK?? It’s team of the season, he only signed in Feb, and spent a lot of time as a sub. Are you a relative?? :)

1 hour ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

Ramsay from EK?? It’s team of the season, he only signed in Feb, and spent a lot of time as a sub. Are you a relative?? :)

Seen him twice this season and he was superb twice! Obviously Only see most teams twice. I couldn’t give a monkeys how anyone plays when I’m no watching them lol

2 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Barry Russell? He's been fuckin useless emoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.png

Tbf I was gonna put tapping or Ramsey in ahead of him but...........

there pish. 

Mccormack? Ure Rodgers and I hate to say it but Sludden were also close to making my team. Good players.

there pish. 
Mccormack? Ure Rodgers and I hate to say it but Sludden were also close to making my team. Good players.
First of all, they're haha and Super Tappy never conceded 5 at home against a rival. McCormack deserves it hands down, was one of our beat players. You obviously missed the games where we played you

10 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:
16 minutes ago, fowler23 said:
there pish. 

First of all, they're haha and Super Tappy never conceded 5 at home against a rival. McCormack deserves it hands down, was one of our beat players. You obviously missed the games where we played you

I’ve seen you guys three times this season and thought he was decent, loads of decent players in the league so hard to just pick 11. I was looking for your team of season but canny see it anywhere???? 

I’ve seen you guys three times this season and thought he was decent, loads of decent players in the league so hard to just pick 11. I was looking for your team of season but canny see it anywhere???? 
I'm still debating who to put in. I don't want to be bias but after watching us go on that unbeaten run it would be very heavily Shire favoured.

Archived