Trophy day. Celtic v Aberdeen

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I think that the appeals panel simply toss a coin when having to make a decision. There was no “striking Lustig in the face” and it was certainly not as bad as the Noble/Pogba confrontation last midweek when they both got a yellow card. Scott “Brownie” Brown got his red card at the tail end of last season downgraded to a yellow after almost ending the career of Alex Schalk

In that case, it must have been for punching himself in the chest.  Glad we've cleared this up. 

5 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

In that case, it must have been for punching himself in the chest.  Glad we've cleared this up. 

Clever answer. Wrong, mind you. Overreaction from the referee on the day, followed up by tossing a coin at the appeal panel.

Apart from fear by Thompson, I’ve no idea why Boyata wasn’t either sent off on the day, or banned by the Compliance Officer, for throwing the ball at Logan and hitting him with it, and following that up by grabbing his neck, and then continuing to harass Logan almost to the tunnel. No consistency when it comes to the champions. Just let them off with murder.

It isn't a surprising judgement; Logan strikes Lustig in the face, and the degree of contact isn't negligible. Other cards should have been awarded to Celtic players, though - namely Boyata and Griffiths for throwing the ball at Logan. Lustig perhaps could have been carded for squaring up to him, although the footage available online doesn't provide too much clarity on that one. Of course, just because Thomson was wrong not to take action against other players doesn't mean he was wrong to dismiss Logan, which, by the book, was unfortunately the correct decision. 

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

It isn't a surprising judgement; Logan strikes Lustig in the face, and the degree of contact isn't negligible. Other cards should have been awarded to Celtic players, though - namely Boyata and Griffiths for throwing the ball at Logan. Lustig perhaps could have been carded for squaring up to him, although the footage available online doesn't provide too much clarity on that one. Of course, just because Thomson was wrong not to take action against other players doesn't mean he was wrong to dismiss Logan, which, by the book, was unfortunately the correct decision. 

You need red tinted glasses. This is no place for impartial opinions.

You make the baby Jesus cry with your lies/objectivity.

Apart from fear by Thompson, I’ve no idea why Boyata wasn’t either sent off on the day, or banned by the Compliance Officer, for throwing the ball at Logan and hitting him with it, and following that up by grabbing his neck, and then continuing to harass Logan almost to the tunnel. No consistency when it comes to the champions. Just let them off with murder.

Since you're wanting consistency with regards to players being banned for hitting/attempt to hit opponents with the ball, I assume you wanted Logan cited for smashing the ball at Scott Brown at Pittodrie a few months back, who was on the floor after being assaulted by Cosgrove

1 minute ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

Since you're wanting consistency with regards to players being banned for hitting/attempt to hit opponents with the ball, I assume you wanted Logan cited for smashing the ball at Scott Brown at Pittodrie a few months back, who was on the floor after being assaulted by Cosgrove

No thanks.

20 minutes ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

No.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Sounds like Boyata’s a wee bit of a racist.

Archived