World Cup - Who are You Supporting?

fatshaft

World Cup - Who are You Supporting?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This World Cup has crept up without me paying much attention. Despite Scotland's 20 year absence I usually can't wait for the finals to come around but this year I couldn't tell you who 1/2 the finalists or groups are.

I don't have a team in this world cup because a) Canada are crap and b) Scotland aren't that much better so I am going to cheer individual games based on the food and drink of the country playing which will mean that England probably won't get much consideration, although I do like a good pint of bitter.  It also means I will be cheering for South Korea until they are eliminated, I love Korean BBQ

Will be supporting my P&B Sweepie team, the majestic Iceland!!!

IMG_3505.jpg.1c9a73d91fb94d962aa57a5661d4bdd8.jpg

I would suggest anybody else who is as yet undecided should join me, remember how cheap to recreate an Iceland top it is!!!

Oh, and obviously whoever the other three teams are that England have got in their group!!![emoji6]

Germany. Won a good bit of cash on them at last World Cup, as on paper they were the only logical choice and had it won before they got on the plane.

It’s a lot more open this time, but will still be back the Germans. They’ll likely face Spain in the semi, with the eventual winner coming from that game.

I have Spain in the sweep on here so I’ll gladly see them win it if Germany don’t.

I really just like watching all the different teams as a neutral (apart fae England obviously) hoping for shocks and scenes galore.. even panama scoring a goal, preferably against England,  would be great for all of the above.

Hope Egypt do well and sexy Salah can score a few crackers along the way :thumsup2

As a "Dutch Scot", I can't support either of these teams. As a result, I'll cheer on Germany instead.

Thought the Dutch hated Germany, bombed their hash bars and stole their bikes???[emoji848]

11 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Thought the Dutch hated Germany, bombed their hash bars and stole their bikes???emoji848.png

Most Dutch people I know don't hate Germany anymore, the war is over 70 years ago now... There will always be a minority of fanatics, but many Dutch football fans have sympathy for Germany.

Most Dutch people I know don't hate Germany anymore, the war is over 70 years ago now... There will always be a minority of fanatics, but many Dutch football fans have sympathy for Germany.

Fair enough, seem to remember the Dutch waving bikes that they smuggle into games against Germany and wave at them when they play them, seems an awful lot of effort for a taunt right enough!!!
Sympathy???

9 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Fair enough, seem to remember the Dutch waving bikes that they smuggle into games against Germany and wave at them when they play them, seems an awful lot of effort for a taunt right enough!!!
Sympathy???

Nowadays the Germans content themselves with laughing about Netherlands inability to qualify.

Although, this is still remembered,

image.thumb.png.4030c661ee5d179f4978de05b46fdf6a.png

9 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Sympathy???

Piss poor when you consider the Italian fans smuggling in a Vespa to throw onto the opposition.

Archived