Kilmarnock v Hertz

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

We only lost 1-0 so surely they can’t have been massively traumatically out of their depth.

To be fair you have Jack Hamilton to thank for that.

Wee Harry Cochrane got has arse handed to him by Mulumbu today. 

Was pleasing to see Laugherty nearly greeting with seethe when a killie fan called him a nasty name.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, deadasdillinger said:

For years, there's never been such a thing as a Killie game that you go in to with any sort of confidence - more a sort of feeling of dread. That's been the weird thing this season, is having as many games you go in to with confidence that almost always pays off. Today played out like one of those "never in doubt" kind of games. For the first 15-20 minutes we just knocked the ball around in the sunshine and with the dominance on display, I honestly thought we were on for "performance of the season" and an absolute pumping.

As a result of not taking our chances and the game settling down a bit, that never materialised. Still, it was a comfortable performance which should have been won by more, with Macdonald's save on Lafferty's one-on-one the only action of note at our end of the park.

Some lovely stuff from Mulumbu today, as always. Erwin was man of the match for me, with his usual, exceptional first touches, great hold up play, and took his goal really well with the run, dummy and finish. Wilson was another standout, always looking for the ball, linking defence and midfield, and breaking up play. Thought SOD had a bit of an off-day - a lot of his deliveries weren't up to his usual high standard - but as he's probably been our player of the season, we can let him off.

Whole day was really enjoyable. Bit of sunshine, bigger crowd, decent atmosphere, comfortable performance, then the fans and players applauding each other at the end. Went round to meet the players with the wee man at the end and there were hundreds doing same. Buzzing for next season already!

Agree with this. Erwin was, and has been for a few weeks, fantastic.

10 hours ago, Killiefan said:

Would have liked to play your first team and not your young boys but unfortunately Levien breeds a shower of dirty b*****ds who were all suspended 

Well we have injuries too

13 minutes ago, Fide said:

Really?  It wasn't mentioned.

:rolleyes:

But he didn't though..... In addition to him just implying the reason we had to play youngerster was because of suspensions which is untrue.

7 minutes ago, Navallion said:

But he didn't though..... In addition to him just implying the reason we had to play youngerster was because of suspensions which is untrue.

I didn't mention Levein.  Hearts fans haven't stopped banging on about it.

Injuries indeed - a likely story.  I genuinely wonder what people are going to do for the next two months when they don't have an amazing Kilmarnock team as the focus of their #seethe.

Anyway, nice to finish the season off with yet another victory over #w38 dross.

13 hours ago, Nadroj said:

To be fair you have Jack Hamilton to thank for that.

Wee Harry Cochrane got has arse handed to him by Mulumbu today. 

Was pleasing to see Laugherty nearly greeting with seethe when a killie fan called him a nasty name.

You're kidding, how big and old is Mulumbu, and how big and old is Harry Cochrane, why even make that statement. 

23 minutes ago, Navallion said:

You're kidding, how big and old is Mulumbu, and how big and old is Harry Cochrane, why even make that statement. 

Levein obviously thought Cochrane could handle it , which he didn’t but he seemed to cope against Scotland’s player of the year earlier. The boy will have learned from it but Nadroj’s statement was accurate. 

3 hours ago, Estragon said:

Injuries indeed - a likely story.  I genuinely wonder what people are going to do for the next two months when they don't have an amazing Kilmarnock team as the focus of their #seethe.

Anyway, nice to finish the season off with yet another victory over #w38 dross.

Who is seething at you? Ayr fans? 

2 minutes ago, Raphael said:

Who is seething at you? Ayr fans? 

2 minutes ago, Wallace Mercer said:

Big congrats for Killies full strength team beating hearts under 17’s 1-0 at home on a plastic pitch. Bravo

Flawless timing boys.

Im genuinely asking i think most people are happy a smaller club is punching above their weight? 

Personally I’m neither happy or unhappy. I just take it for granted that at any given time there will be at least one small club punching above their weight.

The current identity of that club isn’t a big deal although it was about time that St Johnstone gave someone else a turn

Hearts punching below their weight is a bit of a concern

1 hour ago, kennysmassiveego said:

Levein obviously thought Cochrane could handle it , which he didn’t but he seemed to cope against Scotland’s player of the year earlier. The boy will have learned from it but Nadroj’s statement was accurate. 

I think it was more of a case of him being one of the two bloody central midfielders we had available.

Archived