'this particular club' v Sevco (new Club IIRC)

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

Oh dear, oh dear.

I think you are misunderstanding the concept of a league season. 

Hibs missed out on 3rd place due to too many draws with teams in the bottom 6, not because of one match against Hearts.

If you want to use hearts as an example, we took 7 points v them, they took 4 v Hibs, hardly our "nemesis".

And fucked you out the cup. Not great considering we're shite just now and this is the best Hibs side in a generation. 

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, bennett said:

Depending on the cup final outcome, Hearts may have kept hibs out of Europe while at the same time guaranteeing Sevco euroball.

I've no issue with second place Willie, if the roles were reversed......

Aberdeen was Hibs nemesis this season oddball

1 hour ago, Lebowski said:

It could have been way worse. We might just have needed to avoid defeat to Dundee / not lose to Kilmarnock by 2-0 goals to win the league. And failed. Utterly. Twice.

Mind the gap.

It was goal average back then - a 3-1, 4-2, any 2 goal defeat other than 2-0 would have given Hearts the title. And you never mentioned their last day of the season defeat at Parkhead in 1959 which handed the title to Rangers,

1 minute ago, Falcor Roar said:

And fucked you out the cup. Not great considering we're shite just now and this is the best Hibs side in a generation. 

Christ, another brain donor.

His point was about the league........in which we have finished a massive 18 points (must be a typo?) ahead of your gang.

Salty tears all summer, salty tearsPetriesmug.jpeg.471d4e6239d27ec47756e08343998c75.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Cumdog35 said:

Anyone remember the creepy hearts fan who used to sit in his boxers at tynecastle?

I imagine bennett to be like him, only at ibrox.

"only not at ibrox", Shirley?

38 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

Anyone want to point out to the Hearts supporters giving it the big one that the year they came up they only amassed sixty-five points?

And that was without Hibs and The Rangers, as well as a much weaker Deilia managed Celtic and embryonic McInnes Aberdeen side. 

We have absolutely rag dolled them this season - 18 (Eighteen) points.  That is after a club record run of clean sheets (LOL!!!!!). 

Higher attendances, bigger stadium, our own modern training ground, best youth team in the country, a winner of a manager who has last 16 Champions League experience/has won all the medals in Scotland already, and most importantly a good football team on the park.  Natural Order. 

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

Oh dear, oh dear.

I think you are misunderstanding the concept of a league season. 

Hibs missed out on 3rd place due to too many draws with teams in the bottom 6, not because of one match against Hearts.

If you want to use hearts as an example, we took 7 points v them, they took 4 v Hibs, hardly our "nemesis".

Doesn't matter, Wednesday's game fcuked Hibs up good and proper.

Now most of Scotland will be getting right behind Motherwell...

4 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Amazing celebrations by the Hibs manager, and the Hibs fans on here very upbeat.

I'm left very confused.  Did you not just concede 5 goals at home and draw against a team you had to beat by six clear goals? 

This from the club who wildly celebrated making it to 0-0 at half time against us at Easter Road.

2 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

You let your club die. 

What did it feel like thinking that a famous 6 - 0 win was within Hibs grasp, only for Hibs to completely hibs it?

You guys could have been heroes....

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

What did it feel like thinking that a famous 6 - 0 win was within Hibs grasp, only for Hibs to completely hibs it?

You guys could have been heroes....

Hmm I would imagine it would have come maybe 50% of the way to when we won the Scottish Cup on the 21st May 2016, although NOTHING will ever top that, especially since Andy Halliday won the cup for you.  So thank you for letting your club die and allowing this to happen. 

1 minute ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Hmm I would imagine it would have come maybe 50% of the way to when we won the Scottish Cup on the 21st May 2016, although NOTHING will ever top that.  So thank you for letting your club die and allowing this to happen. 

Words can't convey just how happy that post made me.

33 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

We have absolutely rag dolled them this season - 18 (Eighteen) points.  That is after a club record run of clean sheets (LOL!!!!!). 

We have beat you twice this season and drawn once. 

We finished 21(twenty one) points clear of you the last time Hibs were good enough to be in the same league as us. ^_^

Archived