Aberdeen European Tour 2018/2019

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope for the fans sake it's somewhere nice like Malta.   For comedy's sake I hope it's a team from Luxembourg that you guys completely demolish, for example the team currently 2nd in the Luxembourg league that is familiar to Scottish fans, Progres Niederkorn!

6 hours ago, R.Mutt said:

I hope it's somewhere easy to get to and not sharing a border with China.

Don't plan on doing too well in the tournament if you don't want to travel too far.

Final in Baku.

Guest DAVIDB69

I notice you could draw one of the minnows live Sevilla in the second qualifying round. Joking aside it’s even more loaded against the small countries now. It would take quite an effort to get beyond the second qualifying round now

There's 1 strong club from each of the big countries in QR2 - Sevilla, AZ Alkmaar, Burnley and so on... but thereafter the quality drops away. Sides like Hafnafjordur of Iceland, Dundalk of Eire and so on are guaranteed to be seeded in QR2, though an average seeded team is going to be someone decent from a decent nation in Eastern Europe, Balkans or so forth.

With only 13 places down from 22 it's almost impossible to make group now.

However all rounds are now drawn before the preceding round so some non-seeds may get through, plus only a dozen (mainly strong) teams join in QR3 and no-one joins in QR4.

3 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Did the proposals for a "third tier" European competition fizzle out?  I recall it would give teams knocked out in the early rounds of the Europa League a chance of more European games.

The Cup Losers Cup.

These are the teams we could get in the 2nd round (had a quick look at other leagues so this may not be right - but we have got to hope to get a team that is lower seed!) - I actually hope that Motherwell wins the cup so we will be seeded in the first round as looking at this it is very unlikely we will get through this round. 

Sevilla (Esp 113.000)
AZ Alkmaar (Ned 25.000)
Maccabi Tel-Aviv  ( Isr 22.500)
Partizan Belgrade* (Srb 17.000)
Burnley FC (Eng >15.921)
 Milan or Atlanta (Ita 15.249 - 54.000)
Bayer Leverkusen or RB Leipzig (Ger 14.285 - 17.000)
Molde FK* (Nor 12.500)
Stade Rennais or Nice (Fra >11.283 - 24.500)
FC Ufa (Rus 10.676)
Apollon Limassol*  (Cyp 10.000 )
Sporting Braga or Rio Ave (Por 9.449 - 30.500)
Asteras Tripolis* (Gre 9.000)
Besiktas or Fenerbahce or Istanbul Basaksehir (Tur 8.500 - 57.000)
Illichivets Mariupol (Ukr 8.226)
Gent or Genk (Bel 7.700 - 27.000)
NK Rijeka or Hajduk Split (Cro 7.000 - 15.500)
Lech Poznan (Pol 7.000)
Rapid Wien or LASK Linz (Aut 6.570 - 21.500)
Admira Wacker (Aut 6.570)
FC Zurich or Young Boys (Sui 6.040 - 12.000)
Slavia Praha or Sigma Olomouc or FK Jablonec (Cze 6.035 - 34.500)
FC Utrecht or Vitesse Arnhem (Ned 5.949 - 6.000)
Atromitos FC (Gre 5.720)
Zalgiris Vilnius  (Lit 5.500 )
FH Hafnarfjardar (Isl 5.500)
Dundalk (Irl 5.500)
Gabala FK* (Azb 5.250) 
NK Osijek* (Cro 5.200 )
Danish team  (damn confusing play-offs 5.190)
Danish team (one could be FC Copenhagen) (Den 5.190 - 34.000)

It seemed like we started a bit flat footed this season going straight to QR2, also adds a little pressure to get the team sorted ASAP.  I think they've rejigged it a bit so that QR1 is a couple of weeks later than previous years too.

Straight into Second Qualifying Round, which doesn't start until July 26th. Will be an odd feeling having an actual summer break this year.

With Celtic, Rangers, and Hibs all starting in Europe on the 10th/11th/12th and the League Cup starting on 14th July, Aberdeen will actually have the longest break of any Scottish club.

Last season our coefficient was 6.785 and Sevco’s was 3.785.

Another QR3 elimination for us and we go to 4.000 this season.

Meantime Sevco, fresh from their QR1 defeat against the 4th best team in Luxembourg are at 3.725.

Any idea why have we dropped to be ranked so close to those diddies, given we’ve got through 7 ties in the past 4 seasons?

Clubs now get the points earned by themselves over the last 5 years,or 20% of their countries coefficient,whichever is greater.

This is what the **** have got..in the old system we would now have 7.725 but,like other diddy clubs we've been hung out to dry in UEFA's drive to protect the "bigger" clubs.

Archived