Scott Hutchison

Frightened Rabbit lead singer Scott Hutchison is missing and fears are growing for him.

image.png.034f76c3953319cc16c8c10c331b090e.png

He tweeted that yesterday

His Brother and bandmate put this on insta

image.thumb.png.42cf2d59857e54ae6adfbb09aa8692e5.png

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Fratelli said:

Going by his last couple tweets and him last being seen leaving the Dakota in South Queensferry at 1 this morning, this doesn't look good to be honest.

Especially when you consider he's written a song called "Floating in the Forth". Suicide is clearly something that's been on his mind for many years now.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Especially when you consider he's written a song called "Floating in the Forth". Suicide is clearly something that's been on his mind for many years now.

I actually read an interview with him last night where he ranks his favourite Frabbit albums and in the Midnight Organ Fight Section he references the song, its impact and that he's doing ok now. This was only published a few days ago:

https://noisey.vice.com/en_uk/article/zmgpvx/rank-your-records-frightened-rabbits-scott-hutchison-rates-the-bands-five-lps

A wonderful artist, and having been lucky to spend some time in his company on a few occasions (mates of mates) a really nice, pleasant, interesting guy. Fingers crossed he's ok, and this is just a false alarm. Horrible situation.

You would think if the worst has happened, and he has headed toward the Forth Bridge. CCTV would show him doing this.

I hope this means that CCTV cannot confirm this, and hope he is somewhere taking a few days to himself. 

Just now, throbber said:

Does it not normally take 24 hours before people start panicking about a missing person?

With the tweets, and leaving the hotel at 1am, and not returning, where he presumably had a room, there is obvious cause for concern.

No two cases are the same. Common sense has to be applied.

With the tweets, and leaving the hotel at 1am, and not returning, where he presumably had a room, there is obvious cause for concern.
No two cases are the same. Common sense has to be applied.

Apologies, I hadn’t seen the tweets all I heard was on Radio Scotland saying that he hadn’t been seen since early this morning at the Dakota.

Hope he’s okay anyway.

The Record says police say he "is believed to be in the capital" but they then use a quote from a policeman that doesn't back that up.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/frightened-rabbit-lead-singer-scott-12505739 

Not sure about the rail bridge but there are plenty of public cameras trained on the FRB. The police never reveal any details about people going off either of those bridges (presumably soo it doesn't give other vulnerable folk ideas). 

7 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

The Record says police say he "is believed to be in the capital" but they then use a quote from a policeman that doesn't back that up.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/frightened-rabbit-lead-singer-scott-12505739 

Not sure about the rail bridge but there are plenty of public cameras trained on the FRB. The police never reveal any details about people going off either of those bridges (presumably soo it doesn't give other vulnerable folk ideas). 

Tay Road Bridge is the bridge of choice these days I believe. 

36 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Tay Road Bridge is the bridge of choice these days I believe. 

Crossing it on stolen dumper trucks and spacehoppers tends to be the downfall of the Dundonian, rather than mental health issues though. 

These appeals on social media are great for spreading awareness but that recent case of the lad who went missing on a night out in Hamburg made me question the wisdom of them. In the end he must have been dead before anyone knew he was missing but there were weeks of sightings and presumably false hope for friends and family. It's one of those instances where the newness of social media means folk are still finding their way around the etiquette of it.

11 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Crossing it on stolen dumper trucks and spacehoppers tends to be the downfall of the Dundonian, rather than mental health issues though. 

And I suppose trying to get across it on a stolen Unicorn or Bentley to get a MacDonalds was the downfall of those who went to St Andrews. 

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

And I suppose trying to get across it on a stolen Unicorn or Bentley to get a MacDonalds was the downfall of those who went to St Andrews. 

Plentiful supply of golf buggies came in handy at times. Dundee a bit beyond range though. 

16 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

These appeals on social media are great for spreading awareness but that recent case of the lad who went missing on a night out in Hamburg made me question the wisdom of them. In the end he must have been dead before anyone knew he was missing but there were weeks of sightings and presumably false hope for friends and family. It's one of those instances where the newness of social media means folk are still finding their way around the etiquette of it.

It'd probably be a bit different in this case when it's someone semi-famous/recognisable.

Archived