Scott Hutchison

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Did you ever get your hole in one?

No, but a couple of scamps did a Thelma and Louise and drove one off the end of the pier after a late night, low speed police pursuit. 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

It'd probably be a bit different in this case when it's someone semi-famous/recognisable.

Suppose it's just strange when the evidence points to someone having taken their own life - in this case a tweet tantamount to a farewell cruel world suicide note - yet people are still posting messages asking after their well-being (or in the case of the stag party lad a person last seen staggering about drunk in the early hours near some canals).  If you've grown up in the digital age you probably think nothing of it. It's just a bit alien to me - neither good, nor bad. A bit cyborg-ish, like the machines are now an extension of our consciousness.  

Just now, Shandon Par said:

Suppose it's just strange when the evidence points to someone having taken their own life - in this case a tweet tantamount to a farewell cruel world suicide note - yet people are still posting messages asking after their well-being (or in the case of the stag party lad a person last seen staggering about drunk in the early hours near some canals).  If you've grown up in the digital age you probably think nothing of it. It's just a bit alien to me - neither good, nor bad. A bit cyborg-ish, like the machines are now an extension of our consciousness.  

tbf in this case the person has an extensive history of writing/performing songs about varying states of mental distress and had a similar twitter episode two years ago, although he never actually disappeared after that one. In this case as well there's a degree of interaction with him on twitter that people will have had where they'd want to share support for him in the hope he sees it.

On the other hand, one of the people who was killed when that guy shot up a cinema when The Dark Knight Rises came out gained something like 15k followers after it was revealed she had died, so I suppose any explanation is possible.

1 hour ago, Big Fifer said:

Won't be the only one that's spent the last ten years listening to FR's albums over and over. Terrific band, really hope he's ok.

Can't agree more with this. His music has helped me through many tough times, hope everything is alright.

I really hope this has a positive ending but I can’t see it. Sounds like has had a horrible battle for a long time.

10 hours ago, throbber said:

Does it not normally take 24 hours before people start panicking about a missing person?

The police have his phone. It sounds as if there was a suicide note left anaw.

14 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I think given his state of mind, tweets and location then the indicators aren’t good so maybe kicked in earlier. Where did you hear the thing about a note? Not seen that anywhere 

5 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

I think given his state of mind, tweets and location then the indicators aren’t good so maybe kicked in earlier. Where did you hear the thing about a note? Not seen that anywhere 

Sorry, I never worded that correctly. I just meant in my opinion from what I have read and speaking to my mates I just thought there may have been one. (maybe the tweets were considered enough as you said)

4 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Sorry, I never worded that correctly. I just meant in my opinion from what I have read and speaking to my mates I just thought there may have been one. (maybe the tweets were considered enough as you said)

No worries. A horrible situation. Hopefully he’s just looking for some headspace somewhere but doesn’t look good 

Like many on here, it's hard to imagine the last ten years without Scott's music in it. Don't know how many times I've listened to Floating in the Forth today, each time hoping it's just a beautiful, awesome song and not something more predictive.

I know this now, just when I posted that it must have only been 12 hours after he was last seen and I had never heard concerns being raised about a missing person in such a short period of time. His phone was likely left in the hotel or somewhere pretty easy to find and he wanted a break from it so it might not be as bad as you think.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I know this now, just when I posted that it must have only been 12 hours after he was last seen and I had never heard concerns being raised about a missing person in such a short period of time. His phone was likely left in the hotel or somewhere pretty easy to find and he wanted a break from it so it might not be as bad as you think.

If there is concern they may harm self or others then things will kick in quicker.

Archived