Scottish drug users "take most cocaine"

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going by the amount of time the cokeheads in my local are in the trap, the stuff must have minimal amounts of coke in it & the arseholes are sniffing talcum powder. Had to tell a couple of them to eff off the other night, I mean it's come to something when a chap can't have a Gladys in peace!!!!

20 hours ago, throbber said:

I suppose I started taking class A’s as the drink wasn’t doing it for me on nights out anymore and I had a good few nights on it so carried on wanting to do it. I suffered some pretty chronic comedowns that were among my lowest ever experiences and over did it a few times and disgraced myself but I would never have said I had a genuine problem with it. It wasn’t something I cared about cutting out of my life and I view it all as a learning curve. The drinking that has followed in the years since have had a more adverse effect on my wellbeing.

They said that ecstasy was a killer drug because people had stopped bevvying in pubs. More people died from aspirins.

Most of the deaths were due to arsehole club owners switching off water in the toilets. I can't ever recall any trouble at events ever.

On 5/9/2018 at 10:22, throbber said:

I bet the stuff you can get delivered within 30 minutes in Glasgow will be 2% pure if you’re lucky. I remember mid to late 00’s you would be getting stuff that was about 10% pure and £50 a gram would be about the going rate for it. Nowadays it will probably be twice the price and half the purity unless you are in tow with some very well connected dealers.

I wouldn't be so certain about the quality getting worse. MDMA is apparently at the purest it's been for a long time. 

Not a fan of the gear but it's funny how many people on a work night out are queuing in the toilets to take some. Wouldn't be surprised if the % of users across Scotland's working population was a lot higher than people expect.

49 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the % of users across Scotland's working population was a lot higher than people expect.

I wouldn't be - cocaine users are like vegetarians in talking about their habit even when you couldn't give a toss. 

Few of my mates are fucked on it, can’t even go for a night out anymore without them thinking people are staring them out or talking about them. Paranoid wrecks when they are on it.

Used to take it myself quite regularly up until the start of last year, you’re talking 3/4 days a week sometimes more, which is not on looking back. Ended up stopping after having a few sundays/Monday’s after a bender genuinely thinking that I was on the way out, absolutely horrible feeling.

Mugs game.

On 09/05/2018 at 10:23, Ylf said:

Every pub you go in is rife with people going in and out the toilet all day and night taking coke. 1.2g a night seems bit low to the people I know

How do you know that?  I'm in and out the toilet all night, becoming a louder and more irritating arsehole after every trip. This is due to having had an extra 1/2 pint. 

As has already been said, cocaine is utter, utter shite compared to good ecky. Problem being, I'm led to believe eckies are pretty shite now too. 

I do think its a generational thing though, as I remember older people people moaning eckies were shite compared to a good tab. 

Surprised at 1.2g a night, seems very low but that might just be down to the people I know.

Not had any friends with issues about paranoia when taking it, in fact they are the exact opposite. Taking lines off my chopping board whilst we (6 of us) were around my table ect ect..

2 hours ago, CLANCY2KTID said:

As has already been said, cocaine is utter, utter shite compared to good ecky. Problem being, I'm led to believe eckies are pretty shite now too. 

I do think its a generational thing though, as I remember older people people moaning eckies were shite compared to a good tab. 

It's horses for courses. I personally don't generally like turning into a complete ***** on eckies, particularly if I'm not in an environment where everyone else is on them. Cocaine really just facilitates a very long night by keeping you alert and countering the depressing effects of alcohol. 

Decided to edit to remove rhyming slang someone might be offended by

I wouldn't be so certain about the quality getting worse. MDMA is apparently at the purest it's been for a long time. 

Not really fair to compare the two as coke needs to be imported from South America and MDMA can be made in a lab anywhere.

I would say it’s a generational thing. There’s been plenty of news stories doing the rounds the past couple of years claiming that MDMA is at a 20 year and even all time high in its purity. I don’t partake as much as I used to so that might effect how wired I get having a little amount but it feels stronger than it used to.

21 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I would say it’s a generational thing. There’s been plenty of news stories doing the rounds the past couple of years claiming that MDMA is at a 20 year and even all time high in its purity. I don’t partake as much as I used to so that might effect how wired I get having a little amount but it feels stronger than it used to.

I don't partake in any drugs at all now. Left it behind years ago, having a family and good job etc makes you realise the high just isn't worth the possible bad effects.

Maybe with cocaine I never had enough quantities to get anything good out of it. As said above by @The OP I just used to offset the downsides of a heavy long session. 

21 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Legalise and regulate it. 

Then tax it. Ker-ching!

Re: Quality. I have never tried it here but have been told by folk who are/were relatively regular users in both countries(UK and Switzerland) that the quality is generally higher here for the price paid. Not really a surprise given the money here in general, you make that much you don't need to bother cutting it to the same extent. Don't really see it as often over here either, outside of the cities anyway.

Last time I was home I wound up at a flat party and a few folk were talking about it. £20-£40 for council and £100-£150 for a gram of prop. The difference in quality was significant and noticeable.

Just now, Ross. said:

Then tax it. Ker-ching!

Precisely. People will take coke no matter what, right now we have no control over what people are taking, we make absolutely no money from it and need to take the strain of the health issues on the NHS.  If it's good enough for cigarettes and alcohol then it's good enough for coke.

Just now, throbber said:

Ross do you live in Switzerland? You should have said!

You'd enjoy it here Throbber. Many of your dodgy habits are perfectly legal.

Archived