Needing a strong Rangers in Scottish football is nonsense

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Bennett doesn't need to try to hard not to be liked - it comes naturally to him to be a complete bellend.

True.

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Well he's failing miserably.

His argument carries barely any more weight than the wastecoat chap's.

So you'd be far more happier if Scottish football sinks to such a level the fans f**k off because the whole game is shite?

I'd like to read your compelling report on how we f**k the game up just because you feel aggravated at the financial imbalance between clubs, which even if Celtic were financially fucked there'd still be one without them. You'd end up greeting that Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs etc on how they are financially doped compared to others. You are like a fucking broken record on the subject.

1 minute ago, hellbhoy said:

So you'd be far more happier if Scottish football sinks to such a level the fans f**k off because the whole game is shite?

I'd like to read your compelling report on how we f**k the game up just because you feel aggravated at the financial imbalance between clubs, which even if Celtic were financially fucked there'd still be one without them. You'd end up greeting that Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs etc on how they are financially doped compared to others. You are like a fucking broken record on the subject.

There's no need to be upset QC, he was just being cruel to be kind.

5 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

What?

This notion that several of our clubs could make massive inroads on Celtic's dominance by doing a little better in the Europa League, while Celtic hoover up more than £20m annually from the CL, is utterly spurious and unsupportable.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What?

This notion that several of our clubs could make massive inroads on Celtic's dominance by doing a little better in the Europa League, while Celtic hoover up more than £20m annually from the CL, is utterly spurious and unsupportable.

You are far more fucking optimistic than me that Celtic will reach the Champions League group stages next season? :eek:

Next season is highly unlikely the Celtic will reach the Champions League group stages with the competition being rigged so that only clubs far richer and bigger leagues than Celtic will make the group stages.

In fact it is highly unlikely they will reach the group stages every year for the foreseeable future and most likely will be competing to get into the Europa group stages along with the rest of the SPFL Premiership. I think that's a fair balance of European income don't you think?

I don't see the Celtic board planning their financial model on reaching the group stages in the CL but more towards a decent Europa League run just like the rest of Scottish football.

2 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

You are far more fucking optimistic than me that Celtic will reach the Champions League group stages next season? :eek:

Next season is highly unlikely the Celtic will reach the Champions League group stages with the competition being rigged so that only clubs far richer and bigger leagues than Celtic will make the group stages.

In fact it is highly unlikely they will reach the group stages every year for the foreseeable future and most likely will be competing to get into the Europa group stages along with the rest of the SPFL Premiership. I think that's a fair balance of European income don't you think?

I don't see the Celtic board planning their financial model on reaching the group stages in the CL but more towards a decent Europa League run just like the rest of Scottish football.

The top four teams, from the top four leagues, going straight into the group stages won't affect our chances of qualifying. 

8 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

The top four teams, from the top four leagues, going straight into the group stages won't affect our chances of qualifying. 

Last year there were ten spaces available in the qualifying and this year only six.

2 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

Was there not something about removing the champions route? I could be wrong or is something planned for the near future by removing the champions route so that smaller clubs get shafted even more?

Anyhoo MT is still more optimistic Celtic will make the CL group stages than me. Celtic will ultimately fail to qualify at some point, it's inevitable.

2 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Anyhoo MT is still more optimistic Celtic will make the CL group stages than me. Celtic will ultimately fail to qualify at some point, it's inevitable.

Believe me.  My belief on this cannot be characterised as optimism.

5 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Last year there were ten spaces available in the qualifying and this year only six.

4 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Was there not something about removing the champions route? I could be wrong or is something planned for the near future by removing the champions route so that smaller clubs get shafted even more?

My understanding is that Celtic will still play and be seeded in, three rounds.

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

And doesn’t even have the redeeming virtue of brevity

Was never my strong point, unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Believe me.  My belief on this cannot be characterised as optimism.

If you're banging on about Celtic getting Champions League all the time. Then it is a fair assessment you are showing more hope than me that Celtic will qualify for the group stages next season. I always hope for a decent Europa League run at the start of the season and anything else is just gravy.

4 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

If you're banging on about Celtic getting Champions League all the time. Then it is a fair assessment you are showing more hope than me that Celtic will qualify for the group stages next season. I always hope for a decent Europa League run at the start of the season and anything else is just gravy.

Oh ffs!

It's not "hope"or "optimism" on my part, for my dearest wish is that they fail.  

Miserably.

Archived