Needing a strong Rangers in Scottish football is nonsense

35 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Take that back

Sadly even normally decent posters can lower themselves. :P

Almost forgot...good to see this piece appear in the national media even if it does look like he's trawled P&B and pieced together posts from here. Can't believe it slipped through the process to actually appear. Maybe his last day? It'll certainly be the sub's that gave it the thumbs up anyway.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Erm, yes it is.

I'm currently enjoying watching half of the glory-hunters absolutely perma-seething and devoid of anything fulfilling in life rather than have them ALL getting to continually celebrate some form of trophy, at least every second season anyway.  In fact, Scottish football is absolutely brilliant entertainment at the moment* and I'm f***ing loving it . 

*Except the very bottom of the Championship this season, that bit's shite and best forgotten.

Might want to change your team from Brechin City to Celtic then.

We don't have to waste our energy debating whether money or football knowledge is more important. In a thread near here, the actual data is quoted: finances correlate with league position at a 90% level.

The right manager seems intuitively very important, but in fact it is a relatively minor detail. I would stress this isn't an opinion, as I try not to hold opinions on matters of fact. Of course, our perception of reality suffers from confirmation bias and all sorts of other effects, so we subconsciously pick out the examples that match our opinions and biases; but we don't need to do that when we can just look at the entire data set to see the actual story.

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly that a weakened Celtic squad would definitely boost the competition in the league. It is the way to weaken Celtic for more competition that is the question imho.

Most will agree that Celtic having less of a financial constriction on the game, I feel that that is completely the wrong model to go down weakening the whole league completely making clubs far less competitive when it comes to European campaigns.

I might be in a very small minority that believes and truly hopes the rest of the clubs improve year upon year financially slowly closing the financial gap and not by Celtic earning less money in Europe, but by the other clubs going further and further into European competitions earning themselves that extra European money to close the gap to Celtic. This keeps the league as a whole financially stronger and clubs can afford to keep their best players improving the leagues stature for possible big money sponsorships thus improving the financial position.

I'm all for more and better competition but I'd rather not use the cut off your nose to spite your face technique.

I might be using different glasses than most others when looking at the future of Scottish football but I have seen clubs becoming debt free freeing up cash resources to build better squads. All I feel that is needed to push to the next level is at least 3 of our clubs reaching the group stages in Europe every other year and then hopefully we see a new winner to the league that isn't Celtic or Sevco not by crippling Celtic financially but by closing the gap through some other mechanism.

The main problem in my theory is the fucking corrupt associations that keep peddling some other shite and only selling one fixture, c***s.

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

Yes money fixes everything in football,aderdeen and hibs have a bigger budget than sevco,plus St Mirren have a bigger budget than dundee utd.

Willy ffs, you are having a bit of a mare here. :lol:

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Win the other 34 games and Aberdeen win the league,Celtic's resources have NO effect, football is about football knowledge, the coin is overrated and an excuse to football clubs that are not good enough.Will be interesting to see what Steve Clarke can do with a full season in charge at Killie only lost 3 games in 25 in the league before the split.

Every word of this is utter nonsense and disproved by enough evidence to sink the Titanic literally every week in every country in the world.  It 109% is about money and clarke will be able to do fk all before leaving for a team with more money.

4 hours ago, fatshaft said:

...says Michael Gannon :thumsup2

Are Journalists in this country actually starting to journo? I agree with every line of this piece (apologies for the source)

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/needing-strong-rangers-scottish-football-12488917

This journalist is now on " The List Of Enemies Of The People "

4 hours ago, fatshaft said:

Hibees could be celebrating their best top-flight finish in decades, likewise Killie.

We will be finishing 5th, which will be our best finish since 2011.  Hardly decades.

17 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

We will be finishing 5th, which will be our best finish since 2011.  Hardly decades.

Half decades, then.

4 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Win the other 34 games and Aberdeen win the league,Celtic's resources have NO effect, football is about football knowledge, the coin is overrated and an excuse to football clubs that are not good enough.Will be interesting to see what Steve Clarke can do with a full season in charge at Killie only lost 3 games in 25 in the league before the split.

You need the resources to buy a squad with the required depth and talent to win every game. The very issues the Best of the Rest suffer from are injuries to 1st choice players, loss of form of key men and 1st team squads that don't have enough strength in depth. it also helps when you can afford to pay x2 the going rate at the other clubs for squad players. AFAIK Aberdeen's highest earners are going to be mid four figures a week. That's a poorly paid Celtic reserve.

1 hour ago, hellbhoy said:

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly that a weakened Celtic squad would definitely boost the competition in the league. It is the way to weaken Celtic for more competition that is the question imho.

Most will agree that Celtic having less of a financial constriction on the game, I feel that that is completely the wrong model to go down weakening the whole league completely making clubs far less competitive when it comes to European campaigns.

I might be in a very small minority that believes and truly hopes the rest of the clubs improve year upon year financially slowly closing the financial gap and not by Celtic earning less money in Europe, but by the other clubs going further and further into European competitions earning themselves that extra European money to close the gap to Celtic. This keeps the league as a whole financially stronger and clubs can afford to keep their best players improving the leagues stature for possible big money sponsorships thus improving the financial position.

I'm all for more and better competition but I'd rather not use the cut off your nose to spite your face technique.

I might be using different glasses than most others when looking at the future of Scottish football but I have seen clubs becoming debt free freeing up cash resources to build better squads. All I feel that is needed to push to the next level is at least 3 of our clubs reaching the group stages in Europe every other year and then hopefully we see a new winner to the league that isn't Celtic or Sevco not by crippling Celtic financially but by closing the gap through some other mechanism.

The main problem in my theory is the fucking corrupt associations that keep peddling some other shite and only selling one fixture, c***s.

You're trying too hard to be liked again.....

Archived