West Region Secretary Position

Kennie

2 hours ago, TheNauld said:

I disagree I don’t think he blew it, the old guard delegates rallied round Robertson, which given the total screw up he’s made again I don’t think that’ll happen this time

Total screw up?

The old guard voted in the status quo and as regards fixture list they more or less got the status quo. So they'll vote for the same again.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Killiepiyo said:

Where did Kennie get his experience? Surely doing a radio show for years involves some insight into the game. I don't know Kennie, not sure if we've met before but i did appreciate Robert taking time to explain his plans to me in person. 5 minutes or so but i reflected that was longer than any of the association officials (apart from Colin of course, great guy) have spoken to me in 6 years or so of providing them free advertisement. Most of the time don't even get a hello! 

Doubt Robert holds the influence to get elected but i think it would provide something different. Whoever win's; please do what you say you will!!   

Ah Colin the silent VP? also culpable by association

Oh dear!

I took the chance to spend some time away with my wife and granddaughter on this fine Bank Holiday Monday and come back to this.

Well I hope I haven't spoiled anyone's holiday by them being glued to their screens waiting on a reply.

Anyway, let me just get a chance to digest it all and I'll be back soon with replies.

6 hours ago, kenny131 said:

If you never sent it out on the back of a fag packet you have no chance

I don't smoke, so I don't have any fag packets.

My letter was actually sent via email to all the clubs according to the contact information on the SJFA website.

I hope it is up to date.

5 hours ago, thelangonline said:

Is it just available to club officials?

5 hours ago, qwerty said:
7 hours ago, Kennie said:
Well that's my 'Manifesto' letter away to all the clubs. I hope it gets a favourable reception.
If anyone doesn't get a copy please let me know.

Be interesting to hear what changes you have made from last year's proposals,

5 hours ago, Viewparker said:

Can you not post it on here and give us the chance to lobby our committees to support it or not. 

See the previous post. It was sent to the listed contacts for all the clubs.

I will post it here soon, if someone doesn't get there first.

Just thought it better to let the clubs view it first of all.

4 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

Nothing personal but you’ve had your chance & blew it Kennie . Time to back someone else against the current incumbent

A bit harsh to say I blew it. But you're entitled to your opinion and perhaps you'd like to inform me how I blew it.

Even so, surely I'm allowed another chance? 

A bit harsh to say I blew it. But you're entitled to your opinion and perhaps you'd like to inform me how I blew it.
Even so, surely I'm allowed another chance? 

Thanks for the reply
To admit a fixture list was unworkable I would say . Of course you are & as you say I was just giving an opinion . And if you do become secretary I will be the 1st to come on here & congratulate you

3 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

Thanks for the reply
To admit a fixture list was unworkable I would say . Of course you are & as you say I was just giving an opinion . And if you do become secretary I will be the 1st to come on here & congratulate you

The comment I made at last year's AGM about the fixture list was made after I had lost out on the vote for the Secretary's position. So it couldn't have been that that lost me the votes I was promised.

I have also included that part in my letter to the clubs offering an explanation of the comment I made.

4 hours ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Maybe, maybe not, isn't good enough.
Kennie had the fresh ideas last year, and I'm guessing that he still has. It was the clubs that promised him their support and then chickened out that made sure those fresh ideas never came to be.
Robert Burns has absolutely no background in the junior game other than the fact that he's a very ardent fan of the game and just being a good guy with good intentions won't win enough support to remove SR. I'm sorry but there is only one way to go if the clubs want to get shot of the current incompetant. Oops meant incumbent there. Or did I?

My ideas are still fresh as none of them were acted on. Nothing whatsoever changed this season, in fact if anything it has become worse than ever.

I have no desire to comment on Robert's suitability. I have met him on one occasion and had several phone discussions with him. That is all. He does come across as a good guy with the Juniors at his heart and he too is sick watching what is happening to the game he so obviously loves. I just simply believe that I am the better option given my own background and extensive experience at all levels of the Junior game.

3 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

Where did Kennie get his experience? Surely doing a radio show for years involves some insight into the game. I don't know Kennie, not sure if we've met before but i did appreciate Robert taking time to explain his plans to me in person. 5 minutes or so but i reflected that was longer than any of the association officials (apart from Colin of course, great guy) have spoken to me in 6 years or so of providing them free advertisement. Most of the time don't even get a hello! 

Doubt Robert holds the influence to get elected but i think it would provide something different. Whoever win's; please do what you say you will!!   

I spent most of last season canvassing clubs, sometimes taking in 4 or 5 games. I spoke to as many people as I possibly could in the time frame. If I missed you out I'm sorry, but my problem is that I don't know who everyone is. I know who's behind some of the usernames, but most of them I don't.

I would be quite happy to meet anyone at a game if they wanted, but of course that'll be hard to plan, given that no-one knows the fixtures.

The comment I made at last year's AGM about the fixture list was made after I had lost out on the vote for the Secretary's position. So it couldn't have been that that lost me the votes I was promised.
I have also included that part in my letter to the clubs offering an explanation of the comment I made.

Was a disgrace how you were shafted by certain clubs & delegates tbh . Especially those close by to your club . As I said just my opinion that you’ve ran your race .

4 hours ago, TugW said:

What I would like to know is what happened with all that money at Lugar. 

I don’t know if people will feel comfortable voting in someone who presided over vast sums of money going unaccounted for.  It just gives off a bad feeling...

Scurrilous and unfounded attempt to discredit me.

Lugar and vast sums of money. I never thought I'd see those two together. 

1 hour ago, Kennie said:

Scurrilous and unfounded attempt to discredit me.

Lugar and vast sums of money. I never thought I'd see those two together. 

Not at all.

I’m well informed by people of standing within junior circles of it.

There must be some explanation; it’s somewhat far fetched and indeed rather vain of you to think people have simply made this up to discredit you. It’s The General Secretary of The SJFA West Region you’re standing for, not The President of The USA. 

9 minutes ago, TugW said:

Not at all.

There must be some explanation; it’s somewhat far fetched and indeed rather vain of you to think people have simply made this up to discredit you. It’s The General Secretary of The SJFA West Region you’re standing for, not The President of The USA. 

Well informed of what? I've never been accused of any wrong doing at Lugar. I think any such accusations would have been well publicised. 

Not at all.

Look mate, tell us what your accusation is or drop this. Don't mess about with attention seeking nods and winks if you're not willing to tell us what you think. This is an important position within the West Region that affects all clubs, so either put up or shut up.

11 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Look mate, tell us what your accusation is or drop this. Don't mess about with attention seeking nods and winks if you're not willing to tell us what you think. This is an important position within the West Region that affects all clubs, so either put up or shut up.

Please: firstly I am not your “mate” and secondly, a little decorum wouldn’t go amiss. 

I’ve articulated what I was told and Kennie has articulated a response; I don’t see your issue. 

This is an open forum for which if you create an account then one has a right to express ones self; Kennie and I have done that before and will continue to do so. 

Please: firstly I am not your “mate” and secondly, a little decorum wouldn’t go amiss. 

I’ve articulated what I was told and Kennie has articulated a response; I don’t see your issue. 

This is an open forum for which if you create an account then one has a right to express ones self; Kennie and I have done that before and will continue to do so. 

No, you are clearly not my mate by the tone of your response, but my reason for using that word has clearly bypassed you.

You have made an insinuation about Kennie without making an outright accusation. That's a poor show in my opinion, which I also have the right to express on an open forum.

If you are brave enough to directly accuse Kennie of a particular act then fair enough, fire in. If you aren't, then you're best to say nothing more.

That's my final word on this matter, feel free to have the final say if you want, but make sure it actually is worthwhile.

On 07/05/2018 at 16:20, Beenzon-Toste said:

Maybe, maybe not, isn't good enough.
Kennie had the fresh ideas last year, and I'm guessing that he still has. It was the clubs that promised him their support and then chickened out that made sure those fresh ideas never came to be.
Robert Burns has absolutely no background in the junior game other than the fact that he's a very ardent fan of the game and just being a good guy with good intentions won't win enough support to remove SR. I'm sorry but there is only one way to go if the clubs want to get shot of the current incompetant. Oops meant incumbent there. Or did I?

You are quite correct regards that point so by that reconing we should stick to the tried and tested current office bearers or previous ones rather like the old senior managerial merry-go-round that saw the like of Jim Jeffries lose one job to step into another?  With the current situation I personaly feel the fact that I dont have any background in the juniors is actually strongly in my favour, the only downside I see is that I dont have 'mates' in places at clubs who I can rely on backing me.

Regards kennie, as he said we met around this time last year and have spoke on the phone a couple of times where he has been a great help to me, hence why was rather upset to read some nameless person firing accusations at him, pretty low IMO.

I emailed all member clubs last month giving a vague outline of my proposals stating that after talking to as many of them as possible, which I have, that I would sent an updated and final proposal this month. I should have that sent in the next week or so and will post on here in due course.

Archived