West Region Secretary Position

Kennie

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well that's my 'Manifesto' letter away to all the clubs. I hope it gets a favourable reception.
If anyone doesn't get a copy please let me know.
Be interesting to hear what changes you have made from last year's proposals,

I disagree I don’t think he blew it, the old guard delegates rallied round Robertson, which given the total screw up he’s made again I don’t think that’ll happen this time

Maybe , maybe not . Someone with fresh ideas has to be welcomed though surely?

I liked kennies ideas last year and it’s 1000 times better than mr Robertson just clubs shafted him because he was honest and said he thought a full fixture list was nearly impossible and with the Scottish cup as it is I agree I think my club were one of the ones who voted for mr Robertson

Maybe , maybe not . Someone with fresh ideas has to be welcomed though surely?

Maybe, maybe not, isn't good enough.
Kennie had the fresh ideas last year, and I'm guessing that he still has. It was the clubs that promised him their support and then chickened out that made sure those fresh ideas never came to be.
Robert Burns has absolutely no background in the junior game other than the fact that he's a very ardent fan of the game and just being a good guy with good intentions won't win enough support to remove SR. I'm sorry but there is only one way to go if the clubs want to get shot of the current incompetant. Oops meant incumbent there. Or did I?

It would be interesting to hear the current position holder's manifesto for re-election.

Don't hold your breath for that happening. He just thinks he's untouchable and doesn't need to promise anything.
It's not as if he'd keep them anyway is it?

What I would like to know is what happened with all that money at Lugar. 

I don’t know if people will feel comfortable voting in someone who presided over vast sums of money going unaccounted for.  It just gives off a bad feeling...

1 hour ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Robert Burns has absolutely no background in the junior game 

Where did Kennie get his experience? Surely doing a radio show for years involves some insight into the game. I don't know Kennie, not sure if we've met before but i did appreciate Robert taking time to explain his plans to me in person. 5 minutes or so but i reflected that was longer than any of the association officials (apart from Colin of course, great guy) have spoken to me in 6 years or so of providing them free advertisement. Most of the time don't even get a hello! 

Doubt Robert holds the influence to get elected but i think it would provide something different. Whoever win's; please do what you say you will!!   

Whoever win's; please do what you say you will!!

That's where the current position holder can't lose. He makes no promises, so he can get away with changing nothing if he gets elected again.

20 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Where did Kennie get his experience? Surely doing a radio show for years involves some insight into the game. I don't know Kennie, not sure if we've met before but i did appreciate Robert taking time to explain his plans to me in person. 5 minutes or so but i reflected that was longer than any of the association officials have spoken to me in 6 years or so of providing them free advertisement. Most of the time don't even get a hello! 

Doubt Robert holds the influence to get elected but i think it would provide something different. Whoever win's; please do what you say you will!!   

Kennie was an official at Lugar and has served on the West Region management committee, past president from 2011 to 2014.

What I would like to know is what happened with all that money at Lugar. 
I don’t know if people will feel comfortable voting in someone who presided over vast sums of money going unaccounted for.  It just gives off a bad feeling...

Ooft kennie care to explain

Archived