2nd Division Title Race

Gartcairn Army

Feeling both nervous and excited for this coming Saturdays trip to Johnstone Burgh where In only our 3rd season, Gartcairn can win the title with a win. Promotion was a great achievement but the title would be something else.

Royal Albert have been superb this season and both clubs will end up over the 50 points mark. I don't think in the last 4 years any title winners have been over the 50 point mark (stato's please come forward) for both clubs to do this shows the high standards both have set this season.

our players and management have been brilliant this season and I'm hoping we can get over the finishing line. I'm sure Johnstone Burgh will be well up for the game but we are hoping our little band of supporters will have another day to remember.

I have been banging the drum for Royal Albert  since I saw them early on in the campaign but if truth be told I will be delighted for whoever becomes champions  

A great season for two teams from either end of the Junior spectrum. A club with a long history and a new club making history. 

Junior football had many issues but this title battle between the two is a wee snapshot of all that is good in the juniors. 

14 hours ago, Viewparker said:

I have been banging the drum for Royal Albert  since I saw them early on in the campaign but if truth be told I will be delighted for whoever becomes champions  

A great season for two teams from either end of the Junior spectrum. A club with a long history and a new club making history. 

Junior football had many issues but this title battle between the two is a wee snapshot of all that is good in the juniors. 

Tipped the Albert at the end of last season good luck to both teams they have been brilliant all season

I'll certainly be taking in this game come Saturday, I'm sure there will be a few neutrals & maybe a few Albert fans! Should be a cracking game Johnstone Burgh seem to be more competitive now more than they have all season, massive test for them considering the quality Gartcairn possess.

Wont be at the game on Saturday,    Johnstone Burgh are certainly an improving team as our game last week was certainly more difficult than the previous one.

If the game goes to form then Gartcairn will win, but anything can happen.

Our promotion is a major achievement for us, and I would like to thank everyone for the good wishes and congratulations we have received from all over the Junior leagues it is much appreciated.

There is a lot of slagging off the Juniors on this website but stories like ours and Gartcairn is what the Juniors is all about.

When we played Gartcairn at the start of the season and they beta us with a last minute goal the talk after the game was that goal could be the difference at the end of the season and it may be proved right.

No disrespect to Gartcairn new side into Juniors, bit after 81 uyears in the bottom division I sincerely hope that Royal Albert go up as deserved champions.....they have seen some of the worst times recently in their history....so come on the Burgh for me on Saturday....do the Albert proud....

Surely if we , Gartcairn top the group then we are deserved champions? And a wee bit of further credit to do it in only our third season in existence is phenomenal, what the Albert have did is also exceptional and along with Bellshill all three should be highly commended for great seasons.

3 hours ago, sctv said:

Surely if we , Gartcairn top the group then we are deserved champions? And a wee bit of further credit to do it in only our third season in existence is phenomenal, what the Albert have did is also exceptional and along with Bellshill all three should be highly commended for great seasons.

The table will not lie. 

Yes I would like the Albert to win but I fully respect Gartcairn and their meteoric rise.  

I’m sure Johnstone Burgh who are a great club in their own right will give their very best and if Gartcairn best them it will be fully deserved. 

Both teams have a lot to be proud of and deserve a lot of credit for their seasons work. 

Archived